The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if bentancur can come back strong from his injury, and veliz turns out to be a semi hit this season....well be in a title race.

might need 1 CB cover for jan though, it does look scary if VDV or romero get injured.

We need Bentancur for big games. He is a very dominant midfielder able to control against the best and that is no disrespect to Sarr who has been great in his place.

As for CB’s if Philips or Dorrington aren’t able to step up to top level then yeh we need one in Jan

Next 5

Tottenham:

- Fulham (H)
- Crystal Palace (A)
- Chelsea (H)
- Wolves (A)
- Aston Villa (H)

Woolwich:
- Chelsea (A)
- Sheff Utd (H)
- Newcastle (A)
- Burnley (H)
- Brentford (A)

City:
- Brighton (H)
- Man Utd (A)
- Bournemouth (A)
- Chelsea (A)
- Liverpool (H)

Liverpool:
- Everton (H)
- Nottm Forest (H)
- Luton (A)
- Brentford (H)
- Man City (A)

Well, I quite like our fixtures in the top 7 run-in.
I don’t. They aren’t as straightforward as people are making out

I don’t. They aren’t as straightforward as people are making out

Based on what we've seen, id be disappointed if we didn't get at least 11 points from that.

Thatd put us on 31 points after 13 games. Which puts us on course for about 91 points this season. Which I think will get us top 7.

Last edited:
Listening to that plank Neville just now again totally writing us off as he thinks our squad will be found out not even taking into account we have very little midweek games and we can still strengthen in January, the total lack of recognition for the way we are going will without doubt fuel Ange and the players desire, reminds me a bit of Leicester, it wasn’t until we wer into April before any of the so called pundits admitted they could win the league
Think Chelsea winning the league when they finished 7th the season prior is a closer one. We have quality and were 3rd faves last season - Leicester was ridiculous and a one-off but there was momentum

Not wanting to talk about title chances yet; trying to be more in the moment with my support and just enjoy our transformation.

However; getting very annoyed by the City, Woolwich, Liverpool in a title race media talk this morning. We've successfully met two of those teams, look at our position and show some respect! It know it helps us to remain under the radar but it still urks me.

Those three teams have a track record of winning I know the goons haven't recently but they were close enough last year. We have yet to prove we can sustain a challenge so everybody will dismiss our chances . We have started well and if we can be in the mix by January with a couple of shrewd buys we could compound all the pundits and then they will stop taking the mickey .

Brighton, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Villa within their next 7 games for City is wild.

When you see how favourable the fixtures are for teams around them, it could get really interesting up there.

Back
Top Bottom