The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Chelsea winning the league when they finished 7th the season prior is a closer one. We have quality and were 3rd faves last season - Leicester was ridiculous and a one-off but there was momentum
Also teams at the end did not ferociously compete with liecester like the did against us. Chelsea even admitted it.

Also teams at the end did not ferociously compete with liecester like the did against us. Chelsea even admitted it.
It was ridiculous, a succession of teams could see what LCFC were doing and failed to deal with it.

Spam were 2-1 up at Filbert St (sic) and then that idiot Andy Carrol gave away a penalty for a 2-2.

In the after match interview he said something like "I knew he was looking for the penalty". To which the next question should have been "Well, if you knew that, why did you foul him then?".

Anyway, they stopped Goons winning it. We were in the hunt but never top. I'm not sure we were EVER above LCFC that season as we had a pretty crap start.

I think he is right. Injuries to either CB, Maddison or son & it’s a big drop down. It’s more worrying when the one off Leicester season is all you have to support us winning. Basically exception that proves the rule. Honestly if vardy or Mahrez got injured for a considerable amount of time they wouldn’t have got over the line. I think the only way we can do it is if levy gets us a proper goalscorer & good CB as cover. Which obviously won’t happen.
I wouldn’t pin your hopes on us based on a freak season.
So not even giving Veliz a chance then?

I think we RW a LB for cover Udogie and a CB. We need another player to unlock teams that sit deep.

But then, I look at the U21, U18 and think... some of these boys would suit playing for us in the last 20 mins, when the oppisition is tired.

Fresh, young and hungry legs on the pitch when your knackered, yes please.

First set of fixtures after the break. Some tasty games for a few of our rivals.
Would be quite something if we are still top come the Fulham game.. :rolleyes:

SATURDAY 21ST OCTOBER
Liverpool12:30Everton
Manchester City15:00Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United15:00Crystal Palace
Chelsea17:30Arsenal
Sheffield United20:00Manchester United
SUNDAY 22ND OCTOBER
Aston Villa16:30West Ham United
MONDAY 23RD OCTOBER
Tottenham Hotspur20:00Fulham

I think he is right. Injuries to either CB, Maddison or son & it’s a big drop down. It’s more worrying when the one off Leicester season is all you have to support us winning. Basically exception that proves the rule. Honestly if vardy or Mahrez got injured for a considerable amount of time they wouldn’t have got over the line. I think the only way we can do it is if levy gets us a proper goalscorer & good CB as cover. Which obviously won’t happen.
I wouldn’t pin your hopes on us based on a freak season.
Yes, but multiple injuries are not a guarantee. Woolwich stayed miraculously healthy almost all of last season.

Our lack of depth certainly makes it less likely we can make a title push but it doesn’t make it unrealistic.

Why do all the pundits think woolwich are better?

Because of Rice?

He’s functional and does his job but he’s not a game changer

The thing I find weird is... Why are we, this season, so different to Woolwich last? When pundits were adamant they could go all the way?

We all knew Woolwich's depth wasn't good enough incase they got injuries and they had extra European games.

It's because we're Tottenham. That's literally it. And the narrative will be, "Meh, well they always fall away".

Our start this season was better than Woolwich's at this stage last year... With a much harder fixture list. We play great football. We have no European distraction. Yes our depth isn't the strongest, but neither was there's. They all said an injury to Partey or Saliba or Saka etc and they'd fall away. Lo and behold they did, but they were still talked about.

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Back
Top Bottom