The Race for the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread, fair play at least we have a sense of humour.

Always try to be positive but this squad will be luck to be in the euro conference league next season

Kane banging on about champions league football is fine but you have to earn that right, same way as you earn trophies.

Last night was another big game where him and son were a no show, behind them are three midfielders who are good in the tackle but can't pass the ball or go past a player and we have wing backs who would struggle to get into most championship sides.
Against the other top sides this season, we have not turned up, we got away with it at the chavs and our performance levels against the lower teams have been far from convincing.
If Everton had taken their chances on Saturday we would have been two down by half time.

Be lucky to finish 4th at this point. We look atrocious against any half good decent teams.
Bullshit...

We look atrocious against ALL teams, it's just that many/most aren't good enough to take advantage of that and then we usually manage to utilise our talented players just enough to score one or two more more goals than those weaker sides...

Bullshit...

We look atrocious against ALL teams, it's just that many/most aren't good enough to take advantage of that and then we usually manage to utilise our talented players just enough to score one or two more more goals than those weaker sides...

Nah, the football isn't great but we deserve pretty much every point we have on the board - we shut teams out and create enough chances to win the games have done.

Nah, the football isn't great but we deserve pretty much every point we have on the board - we shut teams out and create enough chances to win the games have done.
Yes, what a wonderful watch it has been...

It may not be atrocious from a tactical viewpoint, but from where I'm sitting, it has been atrocious.

The win at Brighton was absolutely abysmal, the entire second half we showed no intent whatsoever to absorb their pressure and then punish them on the break, we just sat and defended like a side in the relegation zone clinging on to the points for dear life. If they had found an equaliser, do you think there is any chance at all that we would have suddenly sprung back to life and gone at them again?

We seem to bore even ourselves into a malaise.

To me, there is little joy to be taken from Spurs getting 3 points if I would rather not have had to watch the game that yields them...

As a theoretical piece this has some value. Beyond that its redundant on this board.

We are honestly like the balloon you try and blow up time and time again. You think there must be a hole in it on occasions because it just doesn't get bigger.

Once in a while however and to much surprise, the balloon starts to inflate.

Then just as you think it's getting to to the point where you are confident the balloon will take off, something pretty much always reminds you of your mistaken belief.

We are the perennial balloon.

Last edited:
The disappointing thing is at the back end of last season things appeared that we were going forward and with a transfer window and some money to spend it did look a bit promising. The performances this year have by and large been poor and its against the better teams I see no improvement whatsoever and we seem to be as far away as ever.

Cries of Liverpool are back after they beat City at home. Only to go and lose away at Forest.

Football fans, the most clever bunch in the world.

Almost as if going away to a top 6 team won't be easy this season. For any of us.

Cries of Liverpool are back after they beat City at home. Only to go and lose away at Forest.

Football fans, the most clever bunch in the world.

Almost as if going away to a top 6 team won't be easy this season. For any of us.

Remain 7 points behind us on 16 points after 11 games played and in 7th place.

Oh Liverpool. You're hilariously shit.

1. Woolwich - +11
Tottenham - +8
Man Utd - +3
Newcastle- +2
------------------------

Brentford - +2
Man City - +1
Crystal Palace- +1
Brighton - +1
Everton - 0
Leeds - -1
Chelsea - - 3
Southampton - -4
Wolves - -4
West Ham - -8
Aston Villa - -9
Liverpool - -13
Leicester - -14

*Fulham take place of Burnley
**Bournemouth take place of Watford
***Nottm Forest take place of Norwich
Promoted teams omitted from overall table however.

The disappointing thing is at the back end of last season things appeared that we were going forward and with a transfer window and some money to spend it did look a bit promising. The performances this year have by and large been poor and its against the better teams I see no improvement whatsoever and we seem to be as far away as ever.
I think that’s the crux of it. We finished on a high when Woolwich blew 4th & we stole it. & then promises of big investment & an ambitious transfer window with some intent to really challenge.
But in reality we haven’t kicked on. & the investment & transfers have fallen short of what we had all hoped for.
We are still picking up results & if we end in top 4 then it’s been a good season. But it feels very much like our performances will catch up with our future results.
Hence tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if we win by a couple or lose by a couple.
I think if conte makes some changes to whatever is making us look so average & we get a really good player in January then it can still be a very good season.

We are honestly like the balloon you try and blow up time and time again. You think there must be a hole in it on occasions because it just doesn't get bigger.

Once in a while however and to much surprise, the balloon starts to inflate.

Then just as you think it's getting to to the point where you are confident the balloon will take off, something pretty much always reminds you of your mistaken belief.

We are the perennial balloon.

:saha:

That is some deep shit right there........ I've not got clue what you're talking about......

But it's deep........

Is the balloon actually the friends we made along the way?

:dembelelol:

:saha:

That is some deep shit right there........ I've not got clue what you're talking about......

But it's deep........

Is the balloon actually the friends we made along the way?

:dembelelol:

giphy.gif

I think that’s the crux of it. We finished on a high when Woolwich blew 4th & we stole it. & then promises of big investment & an ambitious transfer window with some intent to really challenge.
But in reality we haven’t kicked on. & the investment & transfers have fallen short of what we had all hoped for.
We are still picking up results & if we end in top 4 then it’s been a good season. But it feels very much like our performances will catch up with our future results.
Hence tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if we win by a couple or lose by a couple.
I think if conte makes some changes to whatever is making us look so average & we get a really good player in January then it can still be a very good season.
If there are any deals done in January, they will only be cheapish options, not the quality available that we need.

Back
Top Bottom