The Race for the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

- Why would Conte have had to play exactly the same way as Poch?
- Why would their age be a handicap? They weren't a bunch of inexperienced kids.....
- Why must it have been 4231? 16/17 (our best season under Poch) was 343
- Again, Poch didn't assemble most of that squad; most of it was already here.

Peak Dembele, TA & JV, Wanyama on fire, Walker & Rose.... All of these players would thrive in our current line-up with the way Conte wants to play.

That's 6...... Add Kane/Son/Hugo/Dier/Lucas/Davies/Sanchez who are still here... That's 13..... Switch out Kulu for Eriksen (who has already shown he can adapt to Conte-ball).... That's 14..... Trippier who some wish we'd have singed last Jan.... That's 15..... He'd have fucking LOVED Lamela..... That's 16

Rather than pretend Poch built the bulk of that squad; perhaps consider that wouldn't have signed so many duffers?

The Borat gif is cute, but sorry (not sorry); your take of flawed as fuck.
tumblr_nkreooJLp81rbttujo2_540.gif

would we have won the league if conte had been our manager? because it's highly unlikely he would've played eriksen, dier and Dele for a start.
I've seen similar things mentioned before and the theory just doesnt work because Poch didnt inherit a team of stars. He made the majority of that squad, shaped it to play in his own image. Would conte have tuned Rose, Walker, Dele, Dembele, Dier, Kane as he did, relentless young pressing team. I doubt it!

with the same money that Poch had during that period i wouldnt be at all surprised if Conte did worse.
I he somehow magically had the exact same squad at their peak and then imployed his low block counter style would that work for Dele? Demeble, Wanyama and Dier without the press and playing on the front foot. I'm not so sure.
I think that was very much Poch's team and no one really could've done better with something he built himself just like I dont think Poch would be any good with this current team

Give Raineri spurs and poch leicester. Who wins the league?

Following season. Give conte spurs and poch chelsea. Who wins the league?

Answer =

I don’t fucking know and not going to waste any of my time thinking about it. If I ever inherit a delorean time travelling car I could go and mess around with shit and potentially cause the end of the world I guess.

What’s done is done.

We have Conte now. That’s pretty much all that matters.

You said you couldn't give a shit about finishing above the Scum if we achieved our goals and I said we'd then have to beg to differ but you couldn't have that could you........ You weren't happy with that, so you had to bang on and on and on and on.

And on........

Being a condescending twat is your MO and it's my fault entirely for responding to you in the first place.

This place is basically THIS.

People would argue the sky is green until their dying breath here.
People can have a difference of opinion, it should never devolve into a relentless unending argument trying to prove the other person is wrong.

Personally I don't give rat's arse where Arsen@l are the the league, I don't take any notice of them.

We try and overtake the teams that are above us, what teams they happen to be makes no difference to me.

If they happen to win the PL or a cup, I don't care, all I care about is we beat them when we play them.

Personally I don't give rat's arse where Arsen@l are the the league, I don't take any notice of them.

We try and overtake the teams that are above us, what teams they happen to be makes no difference to me.

If they happen to win the PL or a cup, I don't care, all I care about is we beat them when we play them.
Where do you live though?
Are you surrounded by them?

Prepare for the backlash my guy : ostrich:

jurassic park water GIF

This place is basically THIS.

People would argue the sky is green until their dying breath here.
People can have a difference of opinion, it should never devolve into a relentless unending argument trying to prove the other person is wrong.
I agree.
Let's hope Winks does well on loan and Spurs give him a bumper new contract.

Where do you live though?
Are you surrounded by them?
I live in Scotland so only meet the occasional one.

I lived in Bristol during the Bergkamp years when they had their long unbeaten runs etc, and basically were fighting the PL out with Man utd year after year. it didn't upset me in the slightest. A few of my mates were Gooners or United fans.

We ended up forth last year which was ok all things considered, we're now third, we gave the game away against the goons when we played them a few weeks ago, with errors and the red card incident.

But how they play against anyone else or should they win/draw/or lose, I don't care.

I spend most of my time with my Girlfriend and she doesn't watch or follow football, and she 'supports' Rangers.

I'm not about to get upset or argue with a gooner because they are above us in the PL, they're top of the league on merit, and we're where we are on merit, there's a long way to go but if we finish 3rd i'll be happy, I don't actually get to go to matches, I have a long term illness which means I don't travel far.

Yeah it's good to have some derby rivalry, for me I keep that for when the match between them and us is on.

Last edited:
I live in Scotland so only meet the occasional one.

I lived in Bristol during the Bergkamp years when they had their long unbeaten runs etc, and basically were fighting the PL out with Man utd year after year. it didn't upset me in the slightest. A few of my mates were Gooners or United fans.

We ended up forth last year which was ok all things considered, we're now third, we gave the game away against the goons when we played them a few weeks ago, with errors and the red card incident.

But how they play against anyone else or should they win/draw/or lose, I don't care.

I spend most of my time with my Girlfriend and she doesn't watch or follow football, and she 'supports' Rangers.

I'm not about to get upset or argue with a gooner because they are above us in the PL, they're top of the league on merit, and we're where we are on merit, there's a long way to go but if we finish 3rd i'll be happy, I don't actually get to go to matches, I have a long term illness which means I don't travel far.

Yeah it's good to have some derby rivalry, for me I keep that for when the match between them and us is on.

It is different when they're everywhere. Your immediate friends, some family, work colleagues. A lot of football fans (let's be serious, it's fans of every team) are simply too dim to know when people want to engage in banter. When you live in an area heavily populated with Arse and Spam fans, you'll get why life is better when Spurs finish above them.

People take football banter way too seriously

Newsflash: rivals will shift the goalposts to whatever suits them

We get made fun of for finishing below them, then when we’re finally above them all of a sudden it doesn’t matter anymore because we didn’t win a trophy.

We get made fun of for finishing below them, then when we’re finally above them all of a sudden it doesn’t matter anymore because we didn’t win a trophy.
Ain't that the truth.

Indeed, some incredibly precious people it seems, wonder if they were ever around in the 90s, Good Lord going to school those times was horrendous.

These days we get bantered for not lifting trophies which is a fucking long way from what we were getting bantered for back in the day.

We get talked about a lot and seem to be rent free in a lot of people's heads which means we are a legit threat, better to be spoken about than not.

You should not, ever, engage in "banter" with some one unless you know they're up for it.
People don't know what's going on in other people's private lives. They may be struggling badly and really not need to have some spitting moron coming at them with a ton of abuse, or as the call it "bants mate init"

Finishing above Arse and Spam for me isn't an excuse to go gobbing off to people.
It's a break from their unwelcomed and uninvited gobbing off.

It is different when they're everywhere. Your immediate friends, some family, work colleagues. A lot of football fans (let's be serious, it's fans of every team) are simply too dim to know when people want to engage in banter. When you live in an area heavily populated with Arse and Spam fans, you'll get why life is better when Spurs finish above them.

Of course it is..... That's not really in question tho.

Back
Top Bottom