The Race for the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You posited that originally to Gmspurs Gmspurs

Nothing about cups slim shady. It meant something to Gmspurs Gmspurs to finish above them as it does me….. then you bent your original argument to include cups ….. which becomes a totally different discussion

And don’t try and say it’s included in achieving our goals because it’ll be included in every top 6 clubs aims

You’re entire argument it was not slim
^^^^ This

He's changed his argument.

Still, if it means that much to him. He ho.

No one is trying to twist anything - the fact you've changed your argument when I disagreed with you is by the bye.

This is what I originally responded to ^^^ - you added your cups argument after this.

Look back up the thread - nothing to do with cups or whatever bollocks you're spouting now.

But as you say "you do you"

Didn't realise I have to break things down to you to such a basic level but what do you think 'achieve our goals and progress' means?

Do you think achieving a goal is scoring a goal in a final, Kane becoming top scorer again, the club to announce more NFL matches what else is there to achieve for this football club that we haven't done already?

It's fucking pretty obvious what I meant but you saw the first part of what I wrote and got a boner and reacted to it.

And you still haven't answered the question, but based on your responses we know what the answer is gonna be so no worries 🤦‍♀️

You posited that originally to Gmspurs Gmspurs

Nothing about cups slim shady. It meant something to Gmspurs Gmspurs to finish above them as it does me….. then you bent your original argument to include cups ….. which becomes a totally different discussion

And don’t try and say it’s included in achieving our goals because it’ll be included in every top 6 clubs aims

You’re entire argument it was not slim

"Achieve our goals and progress"

What does that actually mean to you?

"Achieve our goals and progress"

What does that actually mean to you?
Yeah I’ve already called you out on that mate. It was obvious you were going to use that vague statement to suggest you meant winning …., what a load of cups … the CL. just the FA cup ?

Like I say every top club will set out to win a cup but they’re all contested with a measure of chance involved

Hence why the league is used as the obvious yardstick for assessing progress

I mean how far do you wanna go with it then …. What if Woolwich win the league but we reach final of the CL and finish 4th …. That would be progress… maybe include the league cup That would be a very good season

Yet I’d be sick as a dog

You … you wouldn’t care as you’ve already stated

You can’t use that broad sweeping statement to start claiming you meant we were going to be winning cups …. But of course you know this anyway

Didn't realise I have to break things down to you to such a basic level but what do you think 'achieve our goals and progress' means?

Do you think achieving a goal is scoring a goal in a final, Kane becoming top scorer again, the club to announce more NFL matches what else is there to achieve for this football club that we haven't done already?

It's fucking pretty obvious what I meant but you saw the first part of what I wrote and got a boner and reacted to it.

And you still haven't answered the question, but based on your responses we know what the answer is gonna be so no worries 🤦‍♀️
Listen Shadytwat - you don't have to break down anything for me as we're done.

To start this whole thing off you quoted me saying

I don't really care about City, PPG, Xg, averages and all that shite - what I do care about is finishing above the scum.

I'd rather they didn't get top four but I'd be OK with it if we came 2nd or 3rd.

You said you couldn't give a shit about finishing above the Scum if we achieved our goals and I said we'd then have to beg to differ but you couldn't have that could you........ You weren't happy with that, so you had to bang on and on and on and on.

And on........

Being a condescending twat is your MO and it's my fault entirely for responding to you in the first place.

Yeah I’ve already called you out on that mate. It was obvious you were going to use that vague statement to suggest you meant winning …., what a load of cups … the CL. just the FA cup ?

Like I say every top club will set out to win a cup but they’re all contested with a measure of chance involved

Hence why the league is used as the obvious yardstick for assessing progress

I mean how far do you wanna go with it then …. What if Woolwich win the league but we reach final of the CL and finish 4th …. That would be progress… maybe include the league cup That would be a very good season

Yet I’d be sick as a dog

You … you wouldn’t care as you’ve already stated

You can’t use that broad sweeping statement to start claiming you meant we were going to be winning cups …. But of course you know this anyway

This is some form of deep level mental gymnastics I didn't think was possible to such a simple question but okay here we are :D, I don't think it's a particularly difficult question to answer by the way but yeah you skipped it, shouldn't come as a surprise because it seems like you have selective reading comprehension anyway.

Yeah every top club will set out to win a trophy but we are Spurs so why are you comparing us to them? Our goal is to win a trophy is it not? Is that not why we hired Conte?

No reaching the final of the CL and finishing 4th would not be progress because that wasn't our aim at the start of the season, our aim is to win something, you're acting like this is news to you.

I think the issue here is your basic level of understanding to such a simple statement, normally if I don't understand something I don't jump to conclusions...

Probably originated in Glee or some other teenage shite program.

:dembelelol:

I'm glad the irony isn't lost on you calling me ShadyTwat, I'm sure you can show the rest of the forum how to act like an adult. :gallashmm:

The more you speak the more I think you have basic reading comprehension skills and the more you expose yourself but you know...you do you ;)

I'm glad the irony isn't lost on you calling me ShadyTwat, I'm sure you can show the rest of the forum how to act like an adult. :gallashmm:

The more you speak the more I think you have basic reading comprehension skills and the more you expose yourself but you know...you do you ;)
And you're still banging on and on and on and on.......

As I said - "condescending twat" but I'll also add "with some kind of superiority complex" if it floats your boat.

No one cares mate - jog on and bore the pants off of someone else.

And you're still banging on and on and on and on.......

As I said - "condescending twat" but I'll also add "with some kind of superiority complex" if it floats your boat.

No one cares mate - jog on and bore the pants off of someone else.

Yeah of course I'm the only one arguing here....

You think I have some sort of superiority complex through the medium of posting on an internet forum...just think about that for a second here.

You do care because you keep responding in which you're clearly trying to save face from your weak argument, go on through in another personal insult you know you want to... :ledley:

Yeah of course I'm the only one arguing here....

You think I have some sort of superiority complex through the medium of posting on an internet forum...just think about that for a second here.

You do care because you keep responding in which you're clearly trying to save face from your weak argument, go on through in another personal insult you know you want to... :ledley:

Throw**

Do you think our aim and Conte's is the same?

I think the club wants top 4 (as a requirement) and some trophies along the way, Champions League footy is obvs massively important.

I think Conte wants to win the league (trophies along the way too) and won't settle for anything less than that for the club. Only City, Liverpool (generally, maybe not this season now) and him think that way realistically right now imo. Go into a season trying to win the league.

Arse don't believe it yet, Chelsea probably are thinking next season earliest and Man Yoo maybe the season after that. Newcastle maybe the one after that. But those 4 clubs will be hoping for top 4 and and a push at the league - they perhaps won't demand it in the timeframes above.

I think the club wants top 4 (as a requirement) and some trophies along the way, Champions League footy is obvs massively important.

I think Conte wants to win the league (trophies along the way too) and won't settle for anything less than that for the club. Only City, Liverpool (generally, maybe not this season now) and him think that way realistically right now imo. Go into a season trying to win the league.

Arse don't believe it yet, Chelsea probably are thinking next season earliest and Man Yoo maybe the season after that. Newcastle maybe the one after that. But those 4 clubs will be hoping for top 4 and and a push at the league - they perhaps won't demand it in the timeframes above.
I think Woolwich believe it …. They might not have at the beginning of the season but I’m sure they think they’ve a shot at it now

It might be misplaced … but they’ll be thinking it

With the money they’ve spent and the wages they pay they should’ve have had a more than capable squad way earlier than this

It a few more teams can roll city over then I hope our lot have that belief

I don't know who cares but kind of interesting,
1.Union Berlin have an identical record to us this year, Played 10, Won 7, Drawn 2, Lost 1. +12 GD.

Difference is that puts them top and 5 points clear in the Bundesliga !
As much as I appreciate everything Poch did for us ...

We would have won the league at some point between 2016 and 2018 had Conte been our manager

City & Liverpool were nowhere near the levels they have set in more recent seasons

That period was our golden chance

I think we (the club) want the same things...... What may differ is how aggressively Conte expects to pursue these targets.....

Unfortunately the caveat to all this remains the same..... Oil money + Utd's vast financial superiority stand in our way. Hypothetically, at some point Conte may tire of that barrier; but as a club it's an inescapable reality for us.

If we are to reach the aforementioned targets, we remain dependent on a manager who's both capable and willing to commit to being a difference maker...... Can Conte be for us what Klopp has been for Liverpool?

Stay tuned.

We would have won the league at some point between 2016 and 2018 had Conte been our manager

City & Liverpool were nowhere near the levels they have set in more recent seasons

Top four I think is the main aim, anything else is just a welcoming bonus.

I think we (the club) want the same things...... What may differ is how aggressively Conte expects to pursue these targets.....

Unfortunately the caveat to all this remains the same..... Oil money + Utd's vast financial superiority stand in our way. Hypothetically, at some point Conte may tire of that barrier; but as a club it's an inescapable reality for us.

If we are to reach the aforementioned targets, we remain dependent on a manager who's both capable and willing to commit to being a difference maker...... Can Conte be for us what Klopp has been for Liverpool?

Stay tuned.
Well yes Liverpool are the example and I agree Conte will want to push quicker than they did to get to the stage of genuinely challenging, he's made that pretty clear.

I guess we need harmony and agreement at all levels of his relationship with the board and superb recruitment alongside that.

I also agree the club want a title but I can imagine at times they'll be uncomfortable if his demands threaten their fiscal policy. It's certainly going to be interesting.

That we didn't win a single trophy with prime Kane, Son, Dembele, Eriksen, Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweirald, Walker and even Dele is nothing short of scandalous.

Back
Top Bottom