The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
The numbers allowed are aimed at helping the lower league clubs not Premier League clubs. That is my point. Is that clear enough for you.

I'd have thought that was obvious, but.... Fair enough.

Who do you think are best quipped to deal with the measures (inc. admin, fan-martialling, transport infrastructure etc.) that are due to come into place? ......The big or small clubs?

Do you think there will be a culture of people traveling further to visit small clubs for a footy fix and as a result maxing out the stadium allowances and the aforementioned transport systems?

Does a 50% full partially standing lower league/non league stadium sound sufficiently socially distanced to you?

What do you think of the idea that we are letting fans in now when thing are worse than they wear following much of the period following the original March lockdown?

All sounds a bit sketchy to me.

I'd have thought that was obvious, but.... Fair enough.

Who do you think are best quipped to deal with the measures (inc. admin, fan-martialling, transport infrastructure etc.) that are due to come into place? ......The big or small clubs?

Do you think there will be a culture of people traveling further to visit small clubs for a footy fix and as a result maxing out the stadium allowances and the aforementioned transport systems?

Does a 50% full partially standing lower league/non league stadium sound sufficiently socially distanced to you?

What do you think of the idea that we are letting fans in now when thing are worse than they wear following much of the period following the original March lockdown?

All sounds a bit sketchy to me.
Why ask me ?

Why ask me ?

Because more than most on here you were vocally pushing for fans to come back over past months.....

Until now it was mostly hypothetical, now it's real and the perameters have been defined, so I'm wonder what your thoughts are....

Because more than most on here you were vocally pushing for fans to come back over past months.....

Until now it was mostly hypothetical, now it's real and the perameters have been defined, so I'm wonder what your thoughts are....
Yes in June when all the stats were improving and it was nice weather and there were crowds of people joining protest marches and going to the beach. It did not make sense then to not allow any fans in.
I support personal responsibility and it is up to the individuals that qualify (Corporate or Season ticket Holders) to decide if they think it is safe to go.

I have a feeling at least 50% of that 4k will be premium seat, with another 2k spread around the ground.

Could probably still pull in £500k a match even with 7% capacity.
Surely the club owes tickets to loads of fans from last season, how will they make any money. Or have they all been refunded for the cancelled part of the season

Yes in June when all the stats were improving and it was nice weather and there were crowds of people joining protest marches and going to the beach. It did not make sense then to not allow any fans in.

So you still don't grasp that those things happened DESPITE government guidance rather than covid measures allowing for it?

(Essentially that was always merely condoning, that just cos some are being stupid, all bets should be off and we all just dig in as we see fit.)

...Or are you against the new ruling?

I support personal responsibility and it is up to the individuals that qualify (Corporate or Season ticket Holders) to decide if they think it is safe to go.

(If Fan x decides they want to go to a game and get infected then that's their own look out - In principal, never had a problem with that, but....)

Yet again however.... You're just framing things based on the health concerns of the individual (be that you or another attendee), not the spreading risk they represent by attending and travelling to the game. This is what I pointed out to you in the Covid thread yesterday.... You show zero consideration for spread of the virus. It's not my motivation to be rude, but I assume it's not a basic lack of intelligence so why is it you repeatedly neglect to consider the most pressing part of the equation.

Secondarily, you talk about "personal responsibility", but every individual has to behave accordingly too and that simply can't be trusted..... Pissed up huddles of men and women at stadiums up and down the country frequenting grounds and facilities that can't be consistently and sufficiently anti-bac'd throughout the whole process..... Ignoring SD.... Embracing for goals..... Stopping off for a few more pints somewhere after the game (eating in if necessary so as to bypass that regulation and thus sharing space with a waiter/waitress).... Frequenting public transport on the way home... Maybe getting a cab..... Get home; hug the kids.... Kids head to school on Monday....

Do you not see the picture at play?

Perhaps you'll cite that the government thinking it's ok now, but do you not think they're just crumbling to social/economic pressure from people (no overt disrespect intended) like yourself?

Like I asked in my previous post.... The stats are worse now that they were following the original lockdown.... Where's the basic H&S rationale for opening the doors back up now of all junctures???

So you still don't grasp that those things happened DESPITE government guidance rather than covid measures allowing for it?

(Essentially that was always merely condoning, that just cos some are being stupid, all bets should be off and we all just dig in as we see fit.)

(If Fan x decides they want to go to a game and get infected then that's their own look out - In principal, never had a problem with that, but....)

Yet again however.... You're just framing things based on the health concerns of the individual (be that you or another attendees ), not the spreading risk they represent by attending and travelling to the game. This is what I pointed out to you in the Covid thread yesterday.... You show zero consideration for spread of the virus. It's not my motivation to be rude, but I assume it's not a basic lack of intelligence so why is it you repeatedly neglect to consider the most pressing part of the equation.

Secondarily, you talk about "personal responsibility", but every individual has to behave accordingly too and that simply can't be trusted..... Pissed up huddles of men and women at stadiums up and down the country frequenting grounds and facilities that can't be consistently and sufficiently anti-bac'd throughout the whole process..... Ignoring SD.... Embracing for goals..... Stopping off for a few more pints somewhere after the game (eating in if necessary so as to bypass that regulation and thus sharing space with a waiter/waitress).... Frequenting public transport on the way home... Maybe getting a cab..... Get home; hug the kids.... Kids head to school on Monday....

Perhaps you'll cite that the government thinking it's ok now, but do you not think they're just crumbling to social/economic pressure from people (no overt disrespect intended) like yourself?

Like I asked in my previous post.... The stats are worse now that they were following the original lockdown.... Where's the basic H&S rationale for opening the doors back up now of all junctures???
Cannot be bothered with this go and annoy someone else.

Yet again however.... You're just framing things based on the health concerns of the individual (be that you or another attendee), not the spreading risk they represent by attending and travelling to the game. This is what I pointed out to you in the Covid thread yesterday.... You show zero consideration for spread of the virus. It's not my motivation to be rude, but I assume it's not a basic lack of intelligence so why is it you repeatedly neglect to consider the most pressing part of the equation.

Oh 'Malc - A 'kiss'????

Really???

That's sad..... That really is nothing more than admitting a preference for ignorance.

Cannot be bothered with this go and annoy someone else.

Logic and rational insight via discussion not on your agenda?

That's a real shame (for you).

I know it's only 2000 or 4000 but it's desperately needed. Football without fans cannot become normailsed.

I welcome this move today, I hope it can be done safely and it's a step towards normality.

Tbf, when we beat Rochdale a couple years ago in the snow we had a man and his dog watching and it was the funnest match in ages.
Me and my friend nearly had Club Wembley to ourselves, we kept walking up and down our row to try and keep warm. Coldest I have ever been at a football match since Oxford in the Cup back in the 80s
🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

Back
Top Bottom