The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier is close, one more yellow against Bournemouth, Liverpool or Utd and we lose him for 2 games.

As long as he can go card free against Bournemouth, so we have him for at least one of Liv and Utd.

(And to be fair, a positive twist could even be that a ban would give him a rest. It's a very demanding role his, huge amounts of concentration required to position himself well and all, having our midfield general fully rested and fighting fit for the last 5 games could be a good thing.)

I really couldn't give a shit about the card count, it is part of our game, it is how we play. Without them we would be walkover, as usual. I love this hard Spurs. We have seen that we can bring in any number of players to replace an injured or suspended player and it hasn't effected us one bit.

Enjoy the cards.

I really couldn't give a shit about the card count, it is part of our game, it is how we play. Without them we would be walkover, as usual. I love this hard Spurs. We have seen that we can bring in any number of players to replace an injured or suspended player and it hasn't effected us one bit.

Enjoy the cards.
Still yet to receive a red card too!

I ŕeckon we should stick with the rotation policy against dortmund.i know its an unpopular decision but bournemouth are the second hardest working team in the league.if we go all in thursday to salvage the ropey league it will set us back in te league.i havent been convinced with our performances against swansea.west ham,Woolwich and villa..we arent 100% sharp or fit.its a bit of a concern.very important to not go into the international break without a loss.

Would anyone take 15 points from our remaining fixtures now if offered?

It is a tough one. Initially I thought no - then realised that is 5 wins from a remaining 8 matches and thought well that isn't too bad considering the calibre of opponents. But the point remains that 5 wins is very unlikely to win the league. It is likely to see us finish second though, which isn't to be sniffed at.

If Townsend scores the winner tonight and we go on to win the league who would chip in for a replica League Medal?

Doubt Nathan Gardiner will...

2E0D4B1700000578-0-image-a-1_1446503620133.jpg

Last edited:
I have a sneaky suspicion Newcastle will get a point tonight. Regardless I do feel better after this weekend. Not so much after our result which was almost a formality, but again scum lose to Watford and Citeh held at Norwich. I truly think it is a two horse race for the title. Our fixture list is not kind but we can turn over anybody on our day and we are in with a shot. I have no worries at all we will drop down past 3rd.

I do not see the point of effectively suspending Dier from the Bournemouth game because we are concerned he will get a suspension. We have to take the risk.

You know i am looking at our fixtures and damn this looks tough

-Liverpool Away
-Stoke Away
-Chelsea Away
-Newcastle Away ( they will have got many players back from injury by this time)

There is no question we will drop points. but you look at Leicester, they have everton, west ham, Manu and chelsea.

So basically both teams will drop points at some point but the important thing is to BEAT the teams we can beat and not drop stupid points. It is going to be fine margins at the end of the season and i wont be surprised if the title race is won by a point or three.

I have a sneaky suspicion Newcastle will get a point tonight. Regardless I do feel better after this weekend. Not so much after our result which was almost a formality, but again scum lose to Watford and Citeh held at Norwich. I truly think it is a two horse race for the title. Our fixture list is not kind but we can turn over anybody on our day and we are in with a shot. I have no worries at all we will drop down past 3rd.

Honestly cant see it, This newcastle side is very weak given their injuries.. wish we were playing them now instead of in may.

You know i am looking at our fixtures and damn this looks tough

-Liverpool Away
-Stoke Away
-Chelsea Away
-Newcastle Away ( they will have got many players back from injury by this time)

There is no question we will drop points. but you look at Leicester, they have everton, west ham, Manu and chelsea.

So basically both teams will drop points at some point but the important thing is to BEAT the teams we can beat and not drop stupid points. It is going to be fine margins at the end of the season and i wont be surprised if the title race is won by a point or three.

We also need more games like City where we simply step up and show that we are really capable of being Champions! One game at the time. Hard to tell whether the form of the different will be good or bad from now, the good thing is that we have been very consistent this season!

Bring it on!

We also need more games like City where we simply step up and show that we are really capable of being Champions! One game at the time. Hard to tell whether the form of the different will be good or bad from now, the good thing is that we have been very consistent this season!

Bring it on!

I think we also seem to have a bit of psychological block where we still treat chelsea, city and Woolwich as big sides as they were in the past when they aren't as clearly demonstrated by some of watford's and bournemouth's in this league.I think the point im trying to make is we need to hold our bottle until the end. it is a good position to be in 2nd with Leicester having to take all the pressure. and to be honest they are doing a good job of it..but still very tough position to be in..remember liverpool a few years back?

Back
Top Bottom