The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't suppose you could keep your emotions to yourself as they are embarrassing. Making out one teams luckier than others. Were they lucky or unlucky against the Arse? Lucky that Huth's header went in, lucky they have Mahrez
Their team cost peanuts and they are top of the league.
Man up and blame tour team(if you have to) for being 5 points behind, not luck

A football game is 90 minutes + overtime filled with random events. By playing well you can influence a game such that the random events are more likely to be in your favour. However well you play, though, you always risk losing because the random events simply aren't favourable to you.

Leicester have had more of the random outcomes going in their favour than us. That is what I call 'Luck'.

For all I care you can keep thinking that the best team is the winner, at all times, always, and that the referees do everything right or distributes the benefits of their errors evenly.

But who the fuck are you to tell a fellow fan that he's pathetic and that he should keep his emotions to himself?

And some of our fans are simple people who don't understand that the table doesn't necessarily rank teams in order of performance.

We all have our weaknesses. One of mine is that I like to vent my frustration at other teams' success by blaiming refs and luck, especially when the cunts are lucky and have the refs handing them points consistently.

As it is said in football...it will all even itself out at the end of the season. I believe you create your own luck (as you more or less said) but do not accept good/bad luck is answerable to your clubs success or misfortune.You need to score goals and win games-simple. The league table will reflect your teams performance over the season. The league table does not lie.
LC will have decisions go against them, Im sure. Vardy was off side for Shinji Okazaki's goal but they won 1 nil.

It's more frustration about LC than anything else....but fucking hell though we are six points and a massive GD ahead in 2nd.
LC are so annoying it hurts. However , you can only admire them for their effort. I would rather come 2nd to them than any other team in the PL...... but I am not giving up the chase and will want to win the PL with every ball we kick. lets see where we are on Sunday. CP will have FAC semi final blues and will fall short on Saturday-unfortunatly thats the draw.

All we can do is try. We may be scarred from past events but this dosnt mean its the future. We need to keep going, Bournmouth win will push us forward.Dont know who LC have, dont care. The footballing gods are on our side Im sure.
Hate to say it but whatever gives the the feeling that the football gods are on our side? We have been repeatidly royaly fucked over by them. So far this season Leicester are just another example of it happening again.

I'll be so sick to death if we can't even enjoy the phenomenal achievement that finishing 2nd would be because we've lost out on 1st to fucking Leicester City.

Last edited:
A football game is 90 minutes + overtime filled with random events. By playing well you can influence a game such that the random events are more likely to be in your favour. However well you play, though, you always risk losing because the random events simply aren't favourable to you.

Leicester have had more of the random outcomes going in their favour than us. That is what I call 'Luck'.

For all I care you can keep thinking that the best team is the winner, at all times, always, and that the referees do everything right or distributes the benefits of their errors evenly.

But who the fuck are you to tell a fellow fan that he's pathetic and that he should keep his emotions to himself?

You have watched both teams 30 games in full and have worked out who has had the most luck. You are talking bollocks, luck over 30 games to be 5 points clear? I admit I'm jealous of Leicester, why can't you?

At the end of the day i'd rather see them win in rather than Woolwich and was happy enough when they were topping the table earlier in the season.

I'm sure we'll miss out by a real cunting, say a John Terry own goal in stoppage time of his last ever chelsea game giving leicester the point they need?

As it is said in football...it will all even itself out at the end of the season. I believe you create your own luck (as you more or less said) but do not accept good/bad luck is answerable to your clubs success or misfortune.You need to score goals and win games-simple. The league table will reflect your teams performance over the season. The league table does not lie.
LC will have decisions go against them, Im sure. Vardy was off side for Shinji Okazaki's goal but they won 1 nil.

It's said that it will all even out over a season, but that doesn't make it true. It is extremely unlikely that every team will have the exact number of e.g. wrong refereeing decisions going for them as against them over a season.

Now, that being said, I'm not seriously stating that Leicester are were they are simply because of luck, and I definately don't think they've paid the refs.

But I am seriously saying that according to my subjective perspective, Leicester isn't, and hasn't over the course of the season been, the best team.

I do agree though that they are the team with the most points, which seems to be how some rate who's best.

Leicester will drop points. They have been scraping by of late and they're coming up against some tough teams. West Ham, Southampton, United, Chelsea, Everton and a relegation battling Sunderland away are not easy ties.

I reckon Leicester will drop enough points to give us an opportunity to win it. But we completely bottled it against West Ham and Woolwich, showed the Spurs of old and threw away 5 points. If the new-look Spurs turns up for the rest of the season then we'll walk it but I have a feeling that there will be the odd banana skin.

With that being said; who would have put us 2nd with 8 matches to go at the start of the season? Not many. But I'll be gutted if we don't finish top after the season that we've had. Although, if we don't, I hope Leicester do it. I'll be throwing my faeces all over the place if the scum win it.

You have watched both teams 30 games in full and have worked out who has had the most luck. You are talking bollocks, luck over 30 games to be 5 points clear? I admit I'm jealous of Leicester, why can't you?

Because I'm not jealous of Leicester. Because I think we're playing better football, we're more entertaining, we've got a brighter future, we have, overall, better and more promising players, and so on.

I am glad for Leicester fans though.

I am a bit envious, though, about this Mahrez guy. He's special.

CdmHxPKW4AAw-oP.jpg

Earlier in the season Leicester we're able to go into games with an attitude where a narrow victory would be great and a draw would be decent. That attitude was compatible with their counter attacking/low possession style of play.

Now, however, they approach games knowing they need to win. Any draws will feel like losses. This is not compatible with they style. The pressure on them is a question of whether or not they can remain patient without the ball whilst knowing they need to win.

Our attitude and style should remain unchanged in the run-in. We play attacking possession football. We are better suited to this unlikely final stage of the competition.

The Leicester games are the ones that are likely to be the costliest, we should have got more from both of them. Go 1-0 up with ten minutes to go and you expect to finish it off, we'd not even finished celebrating and Leicester have equalised to grab a draw at their place.
Proper smash and grab at the Lane too. I've not seen Vardy and Mahrez look so ineffective and they grab a spawny winner from a set piece.

We've drawn too many games elsewhere but that game against them at the Lane in particular could well be the difference.

Hoping Leicester slip up, I'm certain they will but I also doubt we're going to win all eight games so we're going to need them to slip up a few times.

Back
Top Bottom