The Saudi league

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Damn, footballers are such dumbasses. Trying to convince us their make believe league is really good and then running away crying. Nobody saw that coming.....
:freund:

Tbf this is backfiring for the Saudis, it’s not what they want either.

I suspect they’ll throw more money somehow at the remaining players.

Remember, this is all part of a big push to make Saudi more attractive for investment and tourism (along with all the enormous infrastructure projects). Having players leave en masse because even as a mega rich sportsman (possibly the easiest life on earth) you can’t bear it and your families hate the place…..not a good look.

Lol

Last edited:
Tbf this is backfiring for the Saudis, it’s not what they want either.

I suspect they’ll throw more money somehow at the remaining players.

Remember, this is all part of a big push to make Saudi more attractive for investment and tourism (along with all the enormous infrastructure projects). Having players leave in mass because even as a mega rich sportsman (possibly the easiest life on earth) you can’t bear it and your families hate the place…..not a good look.

Lol
The difference between these footballers and boxers, golfers is that footballers actually have to live there?

All these players will do is talk to players out there.
Who knew? A despotic regime is not easy live under. I bet a lot of these players didnt do an ounce of research into living out there, treatment if injured etc
Nope. Just saw the money, and followed the lead of their agents.

I'm just waiting for MBS to decide who is disposable so that he can have them dissolved in a pool of acid as a message to the others to get back in line.

How many Brazilians are there in the Arab league?​

Other notable names are Alex Telles and Talisca, who share a team with Ronaldo. Next, the 26 Brazilians in Saudi Arabia (via Transfermarkt):

• Al-Ahly – Roberto Firmino
  • Al-Ettifaq – Paulo Victor and Vitinho
  • Al-Fayha – Ricardo Ryller
  • Al-Fateh – Petros
  • Al-Hazem – Bruno Viana, Paulo Ricardo and Vina
  • Al-Hilal – Malcom and Michael
  • Al-Ittihad – Fabinho, Igor Coronado, Marcelo Grohe and Romarinho
  • Al-Nassr – Alex Telles and Anderson Talisca
  • Al-Okhdood – Paulo Vítor
  • Al-Raed – Pablo Santos
  • Al-Shabab – Iago Santos and Carlos Júnior
  • Al-Tawwoun – Mailson, Matheus and Flávio Medeiros