The state of our club right now.... Discuss!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate to say it, but that's how I've felt the dozen or so times I've visited the new stadium. I feel like an Apple consumer walking into a shopping mall. It is big, grand, amazing ... but it kind of leaves me a bit cold. All that notification shit and DJs. I do miss the old feel of WHL and all its quirks.

I went to watch Luton last year and their stadium is a right shithole. But I really enjoyed it. Fans right up in the player's faces, old-school stands and a bovril. Football was very decent as well.

#Nostalgia
Actual Bovril?

Was looking for a thread to compliment the Spurs PR team in and this seems as good as any.

They're doing some fantastic work this season.

Spurs Reach video
Legacy Players
Matchday Uncut
Podcast

We've slated them when they haven't read the room over the past few seasons but they're undoubtedly enhancing the feel good right now.

As much as I am loving Ange and his brand of football, it wouldn't mean a thing without the players we have recruited. Our recruitment was a shambles in recent years until Paratici arrived. The starting XI has been almost completely rebuilt and now we have some really class players all over the pitch. Still some work to do, but we have been transformed.

I wanted Levy out after the debacle of Jose and the subsequent manager search taking an eternity and ending in Nuno. But I will say, Levy is a survivor and he will keep trying different shit. He struck gold with Paratici when it comes to player recruitment and he has struck it again with Ange. I hope that he backs them both as much as he is able.

Tldr, we were quite shit for a minute there, it's nice to be good again!

Time to comment on the Harry Kane team (as Pep called us) - and what better time than after Harry left and the likes of Garry Neville thought we'd sink to mid table !

But nobody seemed to spot the truly excellent transfer business done in the last couple of years, so (amazingly) we don't seem to have really noticed Harry leaving :

23/24 - Vicario, Van de Ven, Maddison and tonight Johnson showed what he can do (plus Veliz, Solomon and Phillips)

22/23 - Udogie (debut in 23/4), Porro, Bissouma, Richarlison, Forster (and Perisic)

21/22 - Bentancur, Romero, Royal, Sarr, Gil, Kulusevski

That's a huge rebuild carried out in a short period of time with some bona fide stars coming in - Vicario, Van de Ven and Maddison all looking top class players who after 10 games look as is they have played at Spurs all their lives

Well done to all those involved in the recruitment. A fantastic job done.

Plus of course Ange who has brought all the players together this season, both those recently recruited but also the rejuvenated (after last season) Son !

Back
Top Bottom