The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Both can play behind Kane and vice-versa. Aubameyang is an attacking-mid / wide forward anyway
i prefer to go for realistic signings. aubameyang aint coming to us. u said " Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification". isnt that the same as us. unless u mean europa league which i dont think is an attraction unless its to a player at a team who dont even get europa league football. he will be disappointed at not getting CL football next season. so i dont think his solution will be joining a team who hasnt got CL football & have little hope of getting it in the near future.

Last edited:
Name: Kevin Volland
Current Club: TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
Estimated Value: 17-23 million

5f3791d48a.jpg

Versatile wide player who offers substantial attacking threat and options upfront. Would soon be out of reach should his development continue as indicated already

i prefer to go for realistic signings. aubameyang aint coming to us. u said " Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification". isnt that the same as us. unless u mean europa league which i dont think is an attraction unless its to a player at a team who dont even get europa league football. he will be disappointed at not getting CL football next season. so i dont think his solution will be joining a team who hasnt got CL football & habe little hope if getting it in the near future.
He can survive a season with no CL (assuming we make it next season) - if playing in England is on the cards an no other PL teams is sufficiently interested.

You make it sounds like no other CL-regulars have joined us in the past

He can survive a season with no CL (assuming we make it next season) - if playing in England is on the cards an no other PL teams is sufficiently interested.
ok in that case i will go for tevez. because he can go 1 season without being league title holders! we're gonna win the league game. tis the problem with the what if game. makes more sense to deal with facts. no ones going to join on the promise we will get top 4 next season. lets just look at who we can realistically sign.

Don't we have a 30 goal a year striker already?

Sign two older players as back up to him. Save 20m and spend it elsewhere, like RB, CM, CB, DM, RW.LW

ok in that case i will go for tevez. because he can go 1 season without being league title holders! we're gonna win the league game. tis the problem with the what if game. makes more sense to deal with facts. no ones going to join on the promise we will get top 4 next season. lets just look at who we can realistically sign.
Yes, VdV, Soldado, Lamela, Lloris, Eriksen, etc. - they never signed on that promise

/facepalm

Name: Aleksander Mitrovic
Current Club: Anderlecht
Estimated Value: £10-14 million

hqdefault.jpg

Quite well known prospect. A strong striker, however has attitude issues. Big interest in him these past two seasons, with AC Milan and Woolwich both interested and supposedly bidding. Swansea are going for him too, so it shows there must be an interest in him to move to the Premier League, regardless of the team.

Top scorer in the Pro League, has a consistent scoring record too (I blurred out the unimportant bits).

LV017kK.png

Don't we have a 30 goal a year striker already?

Sign two older players as back up to him. Save 20m and spend it elsewhere, like RB, CM, CB, DM, RW.LW
We need a wide attacking player to replace Chadli / Townsend - a striker / forward / winger - whichever you prefer, Bardinho

Name: Bas Dost
Current Club: Wolfsburg
Estimated Value: 12-16 million

An excellent run of form in both the league and European competition saw his stock rise considerably this season.
we already tried to get bas dost. levy rang their chairman & said is bas dost avaliable? he replied in a singing voice " bas dost we shall not let him go, let him go!". those germans are odd.

Yes, VdV, Soldado, Lamela, Lloris, Eriksen, etc. - they never signed on that promise

/facepalm
if they did then they were stupid. i think we would have made the best offer to them & their clubs. i think u are naive if u think bigger clubs made better offers but they chose us.

we already tried to get bas dost. levy rang their chairman & said is bas dost avaliable? he replied in a singing voice " bas dost we shall not let him go, let him go!". those germans are odd.
how can u disagree with a rubbish joke.

Millbanks Millbanks - superb input

Heung-Ming would be my pick as well

If you can throw a few images for reference - would be great - simply copy / paste in the post
I DID IT!! IT'S THAT EASY!!!!

GIVE ME ANOTHER GOLD STAR Admin Admin I'M A FUCKING GENIUS :bentley:

Scott mate, you can keep disagreeing with who you think is and isn't realistic (of which none of us know - crazier things have happened than Aubameyang joining Spurs) or you can actually add to the thread as requested.

So far (rather hypocritically) you've suggested a Manchester United and Real Madrid loanee to join us.

Not having a go, but we can argue about realistic signings all day long. If we offer the right money, not many players are out of our reach. The Premier League is a draw in itself, and most players couldn't give a fuck about Champions League football (see Moutinho, Falcao, Gyan, Drogba, Valbuena, Witsel, Hulk, Eto'o)

if they did then they were stupid. i think we would have made the best offer to them & their clubs. i think u are naive if u think bigger clubs made better offers but they chose us.
I said 'if no other PL club offered Aubameyang a better deal'

My left-field entry:
Name: Enrique Triverio
Current Club: Union de Santa Fe
Estimated Value: (Last move was £40k but perhaps £800k)
Season stats: 8 apps (657 minutes), 7 goals, 2 assists. [73 minutes per goal/assist]

Most recent game

Name: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Current Club: Borussia Dortmund
Estimated Value: 29-26 million

132154.jpg

Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification. Offers both pace and technical ability along with deployment in various attacking positions. A truly versatile attacking player who would improve our front line substantially. Unfortunately, might be out of our reach by now.

Has literally said he'd never go to Tottenham

Back
Top Bottom