The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another left-field entry:
Name: Michael Santos
Current Club: River Plate Monte Video
Estimated Value: £835k (But free transfer this summer)
Season stats: 24 apps, 15 goals, 7 assists.
(Scores first goal in this)

Like the look of Volland. We need to prioritize a left-footed RW to challenge and ideally displace Lamela and Townsend. I think Chadli, Pritchard, and Eriksen is find rotation for LW.

Name: Jay Rodriguez
Current Club: Southampton
Estimated value: £10-15m
Season stats: 0 apps

Name: Carlos Tevez
Current Club: Juventus
Estimated value: £12-16m
Season stats: 40 apps, 26 goals

Name: Arkadiusz Milik
Current Club: Ajax
Estimated Value: £10-12m
Season stats: 31 apps, 23 goals.

We're seriously average in midfield department, especially in terms of creativity. Eriksen seems to be the only one that makes the team tick.

I think this lad is realistic target and would massively improve us.

We should wrapp this up quickly before big boys start sniffing around him.

Will we play with two up front? Most of those players (those who play as a striker, not on the wings) will be expecting first choice selection, could we offer that?

No to both.

I think the wings are a more pressing issue, Bolasie would be good as he can create something out of nothing, for those times where we seem unable to create a spark for a goal. Townsend IMO was going to be that player, but he's regressed, he isn't an exciting player anymore rather he hogs the ball down the touch line before passing it back again.
We're definitely needing something special from the wings more than a £20 million back-up to Harry.

None of these are really viable, save for perhaps Firmino. The club won't go for someone at peak price, and aren't looking for a star, they're looking for a back-up.

Timo Werner is more likely.

actually millbanks i suggested hernandez & then arc said we wouldnt be able to get him. so i then did the same to his suggestions by applying the same logic. he cant have it both ways. i dont actually care if u suggest messi. i was just arguing with arcs logic. anyway i find it strange u speak up about me but are happy with people posting made up stuff like vdv joined us on the promise of CL space. but i guess if arc does it , its ok with u. lies & made up stuff is good input for a thread but suggesting realistic signings isnt. ok mate. carry on. ps. i think your pointg about offering huge wages to compensate no CL football is flawed. because levy doesnt do that kind of thing. name a top player we could get then? remember they could get bigger wages & CL football elsewhere. we didnt get moutinho because levy wouldnt offer enough. great example u chose there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom