The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The first full year with the ground open will be the next set of results no, not 2022/23?

Have no idea why you are calling me a cunt for showing an interest in the clubs finances and discussing it

So you wanted me to "pay up" on a bet today, that you now admit won't be resolved until next November at the earliest, and that's if you count 2021/22 as a full season which as we know it hasn't been with almost no 3rd party events held at the stadium, and much reduced attendance due to Covid ... can you see how that makes you a bit of a dodgy cxxx

Last edited:
Lol did the PL TV deal double and I missed the headline?

Talking absolute shit here.

If the first sentence of someone's revenue prediction is not "it depends on which if any European competition we're in" they can be safely ignored.

Another moron with crystal balls telling us what the accounts will say in 8/20 months time ... put your money where your mouth is, let's see if you have more courage than Zomb.

So you wanted me to "pay up" on a bet today, that you now admit won't be resolved until November at the earliest, and that's if you count 2021/22 as a full season which as we know it hasn't been with almost no 3rd party events held at the stadium, and much reduced attendance due to Covid ... can you see how that makes you a bit of a dodgy cxxx
It was a charity bet ffs. Dodgy?!!!

21/22 is a full season, you can scrape an extra 20/30M onto your projection if you like?min the interest of fairness (tho the stadium has been open all season)

Let’s move on, you were wrong. I do think we will hit the 650M mark in 22/23 if we get CL,l this season and back Conte with 150M of signings this summer (and Covid doesn’t interfere)

I do think we will hit the 650M mark in 22/23 if we get CL
Guys the TV money doesn't exist to hit these kinds of figures.

For scale, Levy's dream of a 25-30M per year stadium naming rights deal doesn't come close to making up the 45M+ difference between our Nike deal and United's Adidas deal. And that Nike deal is for 15 years.

TV growth is decelerating. There's not a ton of juice left to squeeze.

That's where the ESL and courtship of potential buyers is coming from. We're at the end of the line here.

Last edited:
Agree but we were 360M last year…. With a full ground that’s gotta be 460M. Extra 10M in PL places, CL 50M plus 25M in extra attendances…. nfl and other events 50M… with the potential of naming rights (???) then we could/should report record numbers

Agree but we were 360M last year…. With a full ground that’s gotta be 460M. Extra 10M in PL places, CL 50M plus 25M in extra attendances…. nfl and other events 50M… with the potential of naming rights (???) then we could/should report record numbers
The figures last year reflect a re-allocation of TV revenues from the 2019/20 season, the "actual" figure attributable to the 20/21 season is considerably lower, and then you need to add in the difference between a deep-ish Europa League run and getting knocked out in the Conference League group stages.

And our Wembley deal was very favorable, the difference between our per-game matchday take won't be that dramatic from when we were putting 80k in Wembley.

The growth projection isn't that great, and dependent entirely on deep CL participation.

The figures last year reflect a re-allocation of TV revenues from the 2019/20 season, the "actual" figure attributable to the 20/21 season is considerably lower, and then you need to add in the difference between a deep-ish Europa League run and getting knocked out in the Conference League group stages.

And our Wembley deal was very favorable, the difference between our per-game matchday take won't be that dramatic from when we were putting 80k in Wembley.

The growth projection isn't that great, and dependent entirely on deep CL participation.
Fair enough, I take it back….. The Outsider The Outsider

CL won’t move the needle that much, but not sure deep EL had that much benefit either the year prior

Events? They seem a bit short at the mo

Fair enough, I take it back….. The Outsider The Outsider

CL won’t move the needle that much, but not sure deep EL had that much benefit either the year prior

Events? They seem a bit short at the mo
They've added a bit more of the UEFA pool to the EL, but it's still dramatically less than the CL. Not nothing though.

Big events are great, but they generate nothing close to the revenue FOR SPURS that a Spurs game does. We keep all the money for a Spurs home game. The NFL gets the lion's share for the NFL games, as it is with concerts and the like.

We hit big, big heights in revenue generation in 2018/19. A Champions League final for goodness sakes. The stadium will allow us to approach those kinds of financial figures with much lesser results, but to exceed them we'll need to match those results.

It was a charity bet ffs. Dodgy?!!!

21/22 is a full season, you can scrape an extra 20/30M onto your projection if you like?min the interest of fairness (tho the stadium has been open all season)

Let’s move on, you were wrong. I do think we will hit the 650M mark in 22/23 if we get CL,l this season and back Conte with 150M of signings this summer (and Covid doesn’t interfere)

How am I wrong when the results won't be out until the end of next year - dumb, dumber, Zomb.

100% I stand behind what I said ... stop guessing and wait for the results,

For scale, Levy's dream of a 25-30M per year stadium naming rights deal doesn't come close to making up the 45M+ difference between our Nike deal and United's Adidas deal. And that Nike deal is for 15 years.

TV growth is decelerating. There's not a ton of juice left to squeeze.

That's where the ESL and courtship of potential buyers is coming from. We're at the end of the line here.
Each new TV/streaming deal shatters the previous (record) deal.

NBC’s new US deal is (more than) double their previous deal.

Last edited:
NBC’s new US deal is (more than) double their previous deal.
The US is still a growth market. The domestic revenue is declining

I believe next season will be the first in which foreign TV rights for the PL exceed domestic, an interesting tipping point. The foreign market has been driving all the growth for years now. You reach diminishing returns there quickly.

"TV growth is decelerating" was the statement, and it's true.

Attendance

Seeing as the crowd for our 8pm kick-off v Brighton was our best home attendance since early December - nowhere near the 25% 'missing' that you predicted - you still want to have our bet?
Good to see attendances bouncing back👍

My mates who went said the atmosphere was odd, no ST holders / regulars all day trippers. I think we will need to open up ticket sales to the general public for all games bar five or so that need to be controlled

Thanks for posting but the forecast figures for the year to June 2022 mean very little as an indication of future growth as the revenue streams for the first part of the year were significantly reduced for covid - particularly match day revenues (including food and drink), the exhibitions and conference business the non football events (NFL, rugby, concerts etc) and even shop sales.

Although the projected revenue of £460m for 2022 is not far below the 2019 peak revenue of £490m which is comforting as higher should be probable in the following years

The first full year of revenues for Spurs in the stadium will be for the year ended June 2023, assuming no serious covid outbreaks - an amazing fact given the first game in the new stadium was in April 2019

Thanks for posting but the forecast figures for the year to June 2022 mean very little as an indication of future growth as the revenue streams for the first part of the year were significantly reduced for covid - particularly match day revenues (including food and drink), the exhibitions and conference business the non football events (NFL, rugby, concerts etc) and even shop sales.

The first full year of revenues for Spurs in the stadium will be for the year ended June 2023, assuming no serious covid outbreaks - an amazing fact given the first game in the new stadium was in April 2019
The added effect of a more robust post-Covid (touch wood, and it will be a multi-year thing regardless) commercial environment will be at the margin, it won’t be super dramatic.

The basic building blocks are very firmly in place. Stadium naming rights is the big one that’s out there, though one wonders whether that’s being left unsold as an enticement to potential buyers.

Nothing that could ever happen with the stadium will impact Spurs turnover half as much as the difference between making the CL and not, that’s the reality of football.

The added effect of a more robust post-Covid (touch wood, and it will be a multi-year thing regardless) commercial environment will be at the margin, it won’t be super dramatic.

The basic building blocks are very firmly in place. Stadium naming rights is the big one that’s out there, though one wonders whether that’s being left unsold as an enticement to potential buyers.

Nothing that could ever happen with the stadium will impact Spurs turnover half as much as the difference between making the CL and not, that’s the reality of football.

CL is clearly a big number, but the effects of commercial income such as exhibitions and conferences plus the 16 non football events plus increased shop sales (people in Spurs shop spend more than online) plus all sorts of smaller revenue streams such as stadium visits all add up.

If we take NFL events for example, Spurs take about £1m per PL match in food and drink sales, but NFL tends to be a more of a full day out plus drink prices go up, so wouldn't surprise me to see that double for NFL. Spurs charge a rent (lets guess at £1.5m - £2m per event) plus NFL merchandise sales in the shop - so I'd guess each NFL event takes in £4m - £5m per event. If that's the norm then 16 non football events gets Spurs £60m+ just for events (and might be £80m).

I also posted earlier that the conference and exhibition business might get £30m - £40m in a full year of trading - including food and drink sales which are not insubstantial for an exhibition which lasts several days and is open all day - with revenue estimates from one of our competitors in that market..

So that business which didn't happen in covid times could be anything up to around £100m (or even £120m ish) in a full year of trading which might be year ended June 2023.

So probably less than a good year in CL, but still a meaningful contribution in revenue terms.

And not to mention that Spurs are still adding commercial sponsorships - Grindr seeming to be a new significant sponsorship although I can't easily see a $ value - and there's loads of potential sponsorship type deals possible, just see how much Man U pull in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom