The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure how that would work - Real and Barca's owners are their club members, I don't think they will pay.
You're probably right, although there could be guarantees. Presumably this is the entry fee we are talking about that again presumably was paid by the club already. The fines could be much bigger for leaving if Perez sues. Good Levy has said his daddy will pay it I guess.

Latest from the trust...

Since we launched our filmed open letter to the Board of THFC last week, the video has received well over 200k views and the support shown for the sentiment of the film is growing by the day. But what does our call to put 'Fans and Football First' really mean for our Club?

Recent events have created a lot of opposition to the direction in which our Club is being taken. But we need more than opposition. We need to focus on the real change needed to protect our Club’s reputation and to secure its future. Change at Board level that gives fans a real voice and real influence. It is encouraging that THFC has made a public commitment to fan representation on the Board, but we need to ensure that mechanism delivers what supporters want, and what the Club needs.

We believe a football club is a sporting institution. And that the business side of the club should support that. Over the last few weeks, we have seen fans are prepared to act to defend the values of open competition and meritocracy; to preserve the ability to dream without limits. We must ensure those values are safeguarded so that Tottenham Hotspur Football Club thrives as a sporting institution, achieving glory through sporting success.

We are not alone. Across football and right up to government level, people are realising action must be taken to preserve our sport and ensure our clubs are not just another investment.

Our six-point plan puts fans and football back at the heart of Tottenham Hotspur. We’re asking each and every Tottenham Hotspur fan to #StandUpForSpurs by calling on the owners of THFC to:

* Create a new Club Board that includes independent directors who protect and promote the interests of THFC as a football club.
* Establish a supervisory committee elected by and accountable to supporters that must sign off key non-footballing decisions.
* Work with the government’s fan-led review to rebalance the current ownership structure in favour of supporters.
* Commit to the owners directly paying any costs or fines connected with the ESL.
* Support the creation of a share ownership structure that broadens ownership of the Club and could potentially provide an injection of cash.
* Protect our Club from sanctions and rebuild trust by taking responsibility at Board level for damaging decisions.

Of course, there needs to be change across the game, not just at one club. That’s why we will be working over the coming weeks to put forward a fully-rounded set of proposals for reform to the Government’s fan-led review. Submissions are due in July with the final report due for publication in October. Those proposals will address the drawbacks of conducting fan-club relationships without any firm regulatory framework, and suggest solutions that could work at Club and wider game level.

We are asking Trust members with specific experience of governance and corporate law to assist us by emailing [email protected], and we will use what advice we can alongside the knowledge and policy built up by THST Board members and staff at the Football Supporters’ Association. We are also speaking to Tracey Crouch MP, who is chairing the review, the DCMS, the shadow DCMS team, and the Premier League. And we are willing to discuss implementing proposals that could go further than any review with THFC.

We will seek the support of our membership before any agreement is reached on the shape of governance reform at THFC, while ensuring we make a full and proper contribution to the review process.

You can help put fans and football back at the heart of our Club by:
Supporting the call to #StandUpForSpurs in as many ways as possible
Emailing [email protected] expressing support for our plan
Writing to your MP backing the wider reform of football
Following @THSTOfficial on Twitter and Facebook for regular campaign updates
Joining the Trust to strengthen our voice at www.THSTOfficial.com/membership

THST Board
31 May 2021

There's a pretty big hole in the roof
I was thinking of nicking a stewards jacket & entering on floor level but your way is way more exciting.

I think the first full year with the ground open (with luck next year) will indeed be 200m up on the down side - you suggested as low as 320m so that would be 520m

But even taking your 460m - 660m range for sure it will be closer to 660m
The Outsider The Outsider so your bet was 2021/22 will burst through 560M (from 360M last year 😂) ? Possibly closer to 660M?

I said 460M (still a c.20% increase from 360M!!)

Pay out now

The Outsider The Outsider so your bet was 2021/22 will burst through 560M (from 360M last year 😂) ? Possibly closer to 660M?

I said 460M (still a c.20% increase from 360M!!)

Pay out now

So I actually said in May 2021 "I think the first full year with the ground open (with luck next year) will indeed be 200m up on the down side - you suggested as low as 320m so that would be 520m"

I stand by that 100%, the first full year the ground is open we will smash past 520m and be closer to 660m ..... are you that stupid that you think we can't read? That set of accounts won't be available until late 2023, as I clearly said in my post, so what exactly are are you claiming in February 2022? that you already have the full accounts for a season that's not even finished ... what a feckin' idiot

Changing my words from "first full year with the ground open" and replacing them with 2021/22 which won't be published until late this year anyway, just makes you look an utter cunt .... and I rarely use that term.

Having an opinion is one thing being a lying twat is quite another .... so why do you do it?

So I actually said in May 2021 "I think the first full year with the ground open (with luck next year) will indeed be 200m up on the down side - you suggested as low as 320m so that would be 520m"

I stand by that 100%, the first full year the ground is open we will smash past 520m and be closer to 660m ..... are you that stupid that you think we can't read? That set of accounts won't be available until late 2023, as I clearly said in my post, so what exactly are are you claiming in February 2022? that you already have the full accounts for a season that's not even finished ... what a feckin' idiot

Changing my words from "first full year with the ground open" and replacing them with 2021/22 which won't be published until late this year anyway, just makes you look an utter cunt .... and I rarely use that term.

Having an opinion is one thing being a lying twat is quite another .... so why do you do it?
The first full year with the ground open will be the next set of results no, not 2022/23?

Have no idea why you are calling me a cunt for showing an interest in the clubs finances and discussing it

He's a proven racist scumbag, don't waste your time.
Shut up you fool

For quoting a song our whole crowd sang 10 years ago? Ridiculous accusation, if you knew me it’s fair to say racist is not a term you would use 😂

I agree that song hasn’t aged well and shouldn’t have posted it in hindsight

Back
Top Bottom