The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had a big drop. Seems like two reasons for that. One was a £45m difference between an CL final in 19 and a QF in 20. And there was another £55m of tv money deferred until this season. Obviously we won’t get the CL money this season, but the deferred cash will show up this year.
As will the 90M drop off in match day revenue (show up in 20/21). These are massive impacts when the majority of our costs stay the same or increase (I imagine with Jose’s wages and bigger squad this season they may have gone up)

Chavs are going to allow supporter reps to sit in on board meetings.

Three supporter advisors, picked through an election and selection process, will attend board meetings to ensure general supporter sentiment is considered as part of the Club’s decision-making process.
The successful candidates will be required to enter into a confidentiality agreement, similar in scope to the confidentiality obligations of a member of the Chelsea Football Club board of directors. This will allow the Club to discuss and seek advice on a broad range of matters.
The supporter advisors will not have any voting rights and will not participate in any meetings relating to players, staff, the Academy and related matters.
Supporter advisors will attend approximately four meetings per year, and more if appropriate. If they complete the year successfully they will be entitled to select a UK registered charity to receive a contribution of £2,500 from the Club.

Lets see if any other clubs follow along with this. It may seem a bit tame. But at least they are showing their fans that they see and hear them.

As will the 90M drop off in match day revenue (show up in 20/21). These are massive impacts when the majority of our costs stay the same or increase (I imagine with Jose’s wages and bigger squad this season they may have gone up)
I agree our finances still won’t look as good as as they would in a “normal” year. Hopefully we’ll see one of them soon so we can all see where the “other” revenues go.

It really helped that over the last 18 months many of us probably became quite emotionally unattached, and personally, I plan to remain so I til Levy's gone. What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Well...we've tried pretty much everything under ENIC.
Yep agreed, myself included. It's too painful to watch the cycle repeat itself. Especially while teams like Woolwich continue to win silverware when they're a shambles too.

Lets see if any other clubs follow along with this. It may seem a bit tame. But at least they are showing their fans that they see and hear them.
Liverpool doing the same

to be honest, I just want Levy to resign from the FC operations and take a non Exec or a role in ENIC

A supporter on the board won’t change him, established, credible football millionaires have tried and failed eg Poch, AVB, Redknapp - do you think loudmouth KAT from the Trust is going to influence his decisions? 😂

Doesn't surprise me that Chelsea are doing something about it first, Roman just wants his little Chavs to love him. No point in winning all that silverware during the "Roman Empire" only for everyone to hate him. Good start I guess since he doesn't have to five them anything.

Optimistically speaking and regardless of ENIC owning the club or not, I want to see at minimum some sort of system where Tottenham fans who pay dues (membership, or whatever) are allowed to vote on a few specific issues within the club such as
1) The appointment of a DOF. We need someone who knows football as well as really listens to scouts that we employ, down to the academy and youth players. Levy can come up with a list if he wants but we should get a say.
2) transparency of funds to members. We're not stupid and we can find out the information anyway. What I want to know is what the planned allocation is of a transfer fee as per based on previous years income. Say we make a profit of £200 million in 2023 (totally hypothetical), it would be good to know that we plan to invest XX% in the squad.
3) Appointment of members to the board, as per voted on by other members. I want to know that there is a voice of the fans sitting along the board members, and has a vote that is used with the general consensus of the fans.

Realistically, it would be great if we achieved something even remotely close, but Levy knows that Tottenham are a money making machine, and even if the trust threaten everything in their power, as long as that cash rolls in, he won't care.

Personally though, I think it'll take hell and earth to get Levy out unless some benefactors come along in a consortium.

Yes.
So my take is 21/22 doesn’t exceed 460M, you think it will be 200M more eg 660M?
I think the first full year with the ground open (with luck next year) will indeed be 200m up on the down side - you suggested as low as 320m so that would be 520m

But even taking your 460m - 660m range for sure it will be closer to 660m

I'd be stunned if Levy did the same. He came across as genuinely gutted in that statement after the super league collapse.

I'd be stunned if Levy did the same. He came across as genuinely gutted in that statement after the super league collapse.
I don't think that would be why he wouldn't do it.

Having some fan reps at meetings like Chelsea are doing is harmless for the board. The fan reps are there to be able to speak for the fans and give their opinion. But they cannot directly affect decisions by vote since they have no voting power.

I think Levy will be more against this since the Trust are now refusing to meet with him/the board and are trying to force a meeting with Lewis instead. I can understand why the Trust are taking that stance but refusing to meet with the board is foolish imo since it will just make the ill will grow and could lead to the board cutting off all communications with the Trust (they have like 4 meetings a year previously).

I don't think that would be why he wouldn't do it.

Having some fan reps at meetings like Chelsea are doing is harmless for the board. The fan reps are there to be able to speak for the fans and give their opinion. But they cannot directly affect decisions by vote since they have no voting power.

I think Levy will be more against this since the Trust are now refusing to meet with him/the board and are trying to force a meeting with Lewis instead. I can understand why the Trust are taking that stance but refusing to meet with the board is foolish imo since it will just make the ill will grow and could lead to the board cutting off all communications with the Trust (they have like 4 meetings a year previously).
We refuse a meeting with you but demand a seat at your board meeting - oxymoron?

I think the first full year with the ground open (with luck next year) will indeed be 200m up on the down side - you suggested as low as 320m so that would be 520m

But even taking your 460m - 660m range for sure it will be closer to 660m
The ground was full apart from a few games 19/20 - where is the 200M coming from?

ok. Anything above 600M I pay 25 to a charity of your choice, below that it’s my pick - this is for 21/22 financials

I agree with this completely. I'm not at all happy with Levy/ENIC at the moment, but in this instance the THST's reach well exceeds its grasp and I think they're going to lose ground by taking this stance.

The ground was full apart from a few games 19/20 - where is the 200M coming from?

ok. Anything above 600M I pay 25 to a charity of your choice, below that it’s my pick - this is for 21/22 financials

Revenues in 19/20 were £402m versus £460m the year before.

As you say there were 5 games less in 19/20 causing a drop in revenues of about £3m from year before - but these being at new stadium those 5 games would have generated a higher revenue than £3m

Other big movements in revenues between the 2 years :

There was a drop in revenue of close to £50m due to not repeating the CL final run

There was a drop of TV revenue of about £55m, due largely to revenues deferred into 20/21 with some 19/20 games being played after the normal season end

Meanwhile sponsorship & corporate hospitality income was £26m up as was other revenues £20m up (catering at NWHL, NFL matches etc) ...... the latter despite cancellation of summer concerts, non football events and only a part year of conference./exhibition events etc.

So starting with the £402m in 19/20, need to add deferred TV revenues on to get to a full year of TV revenues plus a full year of match day revenues and match day catering plus a full programme of non football events...... so a full year revenue in the stadium is very possibly £550m + ...... just depends how much the sponsorship and 'Other Revenue streams' as to where in the range of say £550m - £650m the gross revenues will be.

Up until now THST have had a meeting 4 times a year with Levy, Cullen and a number of senior Spurs staff, and been allowed to ask a range of questions whether about ticketing (including pricing) transfer windows, accounts etc - seemingly only things not on agenda (for understandable reasons are staff and player matters).

I don't think Chelsea have had same interaction in past.

I doubt if THST would get much more information or ability to put across their point of view in a different format of meetings.

We account 30th June so provided the ground is back fully open on the 1st July 2021 that works. We won't see the 21/22 financial until late 2022 ... good luck, for our club's let's both hope I'm right.

Looks like this thread has drifted away from the title. The Board are very different from the owners with only Levy being part of both. I really have no idea what role the other board members have and if they resigned it would have any effect. That leaves as with Levy. Keep repeating past mistakes by Levy does not really cut it. The reason for the thread has nothing to do with what Levy did in past years but him committing the club to the Super league.
MU supporters issues with the Glaziers is more than just recent events and unlike ENIC they do take money out of the club.
Would the Trust have been happy if Levy had said NO to the super league and it went ahead without us?
I really cannot see any of the owners of the 6 clubs going away including ENIC.
Not sure when the Government are going to decide on fans in the stadium for next season but it is difficult to see any major decisions on finances before they do.
If I had a few billion laying around I would not be interested in buying out ENIC with the club making a loss and no idea when it will become profitable again. New owners would pay ENIC off but would they actually put any money into the running of the club? As has been stated Chelsea just owe billions to their owner. What is even allowed under fair play rules anyway.
So if the owners are not going anywhere what about Levy? I think there is a better chance he could be persuaded to take a back seat and be the figurehead but not so hands on. The DOF would still have financial restraints but that would be the case with new owners. Who knows whether if we had a DOF that he would not have supported the Super league.
I really do not want the trust going the MU route of protests.

11 days time. I am breaking in to WHL.
So don’t bother tuning in to watch the wolves game. It ain’t happening.

I urge you all to join me in the revolution.
Bring blue & white flares,
‘love Tottenham, hate enic’ banners,

we will be meeting at the rendovous point (if you don’t know, you don’t know) at 12. Anyone know the weakest entry point of the stadium?

viva la revolution!

Revenues in 19/20 were £402m versus £460m the year before.

As you say there were 5 games less in 19/20 causing a drop in revenues of about £3m from year before - but these being at new stadium those 5 games would have generated a higher revenue than £3m

Other big movements in revenues between the 2 years :

There was a drop in revenue of close to £50m due to not repeating the CL final run

There was a drop of TV revenue of about £55m, due largely to revenues deferred into 20/21 with some 19/20 games being played after the normal season end

Meanwhile sponsorship & corporate hospitality income was £26m up as was other revenues £20m up (catering at NWHL, NFL matches etc) ...... the latter despite cancellation of summer concerts, non football events and only a part year of conference./exhibition events etc.

So starting with the £402m in 19/20, need to add deferred TV revenues on to get to a full year of TV revenues plus a full year of match day revenues and match day catering plus a full programme of non football events...... so a full year revenue in the stadium is very possibly £550m + ...... just depends how much the sponsorship and 'Other Revenue streams' as to where in the range of say £550m - £650m the gross revenues will be.
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Government intervention in some form is the only way as I see it.
This is hyper capitalism in its purest form, and a public regulation is the only way to stop it.
The unwillingness of the governing bodies of the sport (the FA, EPL, UEFA, FIFA, etc) to act collectively and to show some spine against the tiny handful of top clubs is very inexplicable to me.

We've seen how totally unworkable an ESL is. So why does UEFA always give these clubs more and more in response to that toothless threat?

Back
Top Bottom