The WTF do we NOW thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back the manager in January. Mountinho at the very least. Levy needs to stand up to the plate and get behind his own choices. Not just fire everyone who doesn't gift him CL.

That's a nonsense question. The season doesn't end in the middle, it ends at, (surprise, surprise) the end. Getting to Christmas with a certain table position doesn'tmean it's all downhill from there. Or have you forgotten the season Ramos got the boot?

Sammy, realistically the suggestion of buying in January is probably a fairly common reaction to the question "what do we do now".

I mean there's not much to say about about what we do before the spammers game specifically. We can discuss formations and selection I suppose, but our holes are easy enough to spot.

Sammy, realistically the suggestion of buying in January is probably a fairly common reaction to the question "what do we do now".

I mean there's not much to say about about what we do before the spammers game specifically. We can discuss formations and selection I suppose, but our holes are easy enough to spot.
Yet. We all know already we need Dembele back. We know that we'd like to see Ade and Defoe against Spam, but can't due to Ade's ban, so will see Dempsey. We know we may now get Lloris in goal more often. Other than that we pretty much have to ride it through until the window opens and Ade's ban ends. That's pretty much it, unless Levy feel's trigger happy and gets rid of AVB even quicker than Roman.

I can understand the question from the point of view that our one tactic that worked well today, two up front, is now closed off to us for the next three games. We've already tried Sigg and Dempsey playing off Defoe and didnt look too clever.

So what's the next idea? Do we keep Bale and Lennon on the wings, wih only Defoe to aim for? Do we play Dempsey as an out and out striker? Do we promote a youth to the first eleven? Does Galls keep his place, even though he makes a shocker every game?

All this has to be decided before the Spam play us.

I think the 'curse of the ex' clearly doesn't work when it's Tottenham players involved... 2 consecutive games, 2 ex-clubs, one goal, one red card, and two defeats for Ade!

HAD he stayed on the pitch today and we'd won 1-0, you could argue the case of the curse... but really, after Ade scored, he proceeded to hand it back to them on a plate, and justify EVERY FUCKING SMUG GLOATING DEROGATORY SONG those cunts sang about him... and yet WE had to endure the sight of Campbell parading around the WHL pitch knowing he'd won the league all those years ago... IT CLEARLY DOESN'T go both ways!

With that in mind (and what I'm getting to here) is that Defoe would normally be guaranteed a hat-trick AGAINST Spurs were he playing for anyone else... as it is, he'll get his ritual barracking from the west ham fans next weekend, and no doubt be anonymous for 70 minutes, before getting jeered off by them as he trudges down the tunnel... the curse of the ex is bollocks!

You can't throw a kid in. For all of Dempsey's ineffectiveness, he record is such that he has more experienced and capable in a PL game than throwing some kid way off into the deep end, eveb if it is Spam.

Maybe Kane should be recalled instead?

Not seeing any other option my AVB's usual, Defoe up front with Dempsey behind combination. With Ade it's the strongest option. Well, either Depmsey or Siggs.

If AVB actually has the balls to drop Siggy and Dempsey then...

.................... Defoe
...................... Bale
Townsend ..................... Lennon
............... Carroll Sandro

Falque and Coulthirst on the bench.

Keep AVB. If we look good the second half of the season then let him have another go, hopefully with a few new signings and fewer injuries to key players. This season will be difficult to save (champions league-wise I mean). Five defeats already and, more depressing, very few solid performances.

6 players? Fuck me, I reckon even Spam will be able to beat that.

Back 4 is whoever is fit really.

I was thinking about Lazio away before West Ham. I reckon AVB will have to try something out in it.

Fortunately Dembele could be back for the West Ham game so the rest might not matter.

(Btw, I didn't take your post seriously, just thought I'd reply anyway... anything to take the focus off today!)

Depends on what your expectations are. I expect 5th-8th place and we'll probably finish thereabouts. I've written this season off as transition (yes, I know, are we ever out of transition?) and just hope we can keep our better players next summer. If so, then AVB needs to step up in 13/14.

Back
Top Bottom