The WTF do we NOW thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course, but I think having a release clause is much more dignified than the situation we had this summer. If for example Real or Barca came in for him there would be no, whinging when we turn down 25 million, because his clause is 50 million.

You're new to this whole release clause thing, aren't you?

Buy a second creative centre mid. Dembele is ace now, Huddlestone would be solid in a 3-man midfield, and Carroll will be excellent for us in the future- but I feel we're either overrelying on them or expecting too much of them most of the time. We need someone who can help us tick over effortlessly, someone we can start to structure the team around and stop us from falling apart whenever Moose can't play.

Redknapp has to come back now... it is getting stupid.

He hasn't signed for another club yet and quite frankly he should have been back after the Newcastle game. Why Levy hasn't called him just out of pride.

Adebayor is a liability. AVB should never have played him. Always was going to get a red and get excited in this sort of game, at least Crouch never did this kind of thing.

Why he went with just 3 CBs at half time is beyond me. I would rather have lost 3-1 with all our players behind the ball for 45 mins defending for our lives than try and get a goal or two back. We were ever going to win, but at least we could have some pride by not letting in 5 goals to a mediocre Woolwich side.

Defoe is useless btw

Oh and Dawson. WTF?

lol etc

In all seriousness,

The game looked even before Adebayor went off.

AVB played the formation and team that I think we all wanted him to and it seemed to be working for 20mins. We could have been 2-0 up easily.

The sending off changed things, obv

My problem is in our character. Our heads go down too quickly... the players play on confidence.

What I saw from AVB, perhaps for the first time, was a 'all or nothing' approach...

He made some big substitutions and clearly gave a good team talk as we dominated the first few minutes after the break.

To my knowledge, no title or ever Champions League place has ever been decided on goal difference... so fuck it... who cares if it is 3-1 or 5-2... or 7-3... I'd rather he just went for it and we scored a goal than just defend...

What happens now is that AVB has shown he is malleable - he is prepared to change when needed, something that we havent seen before.

Lloris will/should now start every game.

Perhaps he will stop relying on Gallas when Caulker/Kaboul is fit... even replace him with Dawson
Also he will play Ade instead of Dempsey (when he is back)

I don't think many of us expected to win today, though perhaps we thought the game would be more even.

Our next 10 games, on paper, are games we should be winning. I wouldn't be surprised to go unbeaten for another 10 games until Man Utd...

so what happens now is that we get behind the team and carry on

In all seriousness,

The game looked even before Adebayor went off.

AVB played the formation and team that I think we all wanted him to and it seemed to be working for 20mins. We could have been 2-0 up easily.

The sending off changed things, obv

My problem is in our character. Our heads go down too quickly... the players play on confidence.

100% agree

What I saw from AVB, perhaps for the first time, was a 'all or nothing' approach...

He made some big substitutions and clearly gave a good team talk as we dominated the first few minutes after the break.

To my knowledge, no title or ever Champions League place has ever been decided on goal difference

Errrrrrr - Agggueerrrooooooooooo?

... so fuck it... who cares if it is 3-1 or 5-2... or 7-3... I'd rather he just went for it and we scored a goal than just defend...

What happens now is that AVB has shown he is malleable - he is prepared to change when needed, something that we havent seen before.

Lloris will/should now start every game.

Perhaps he will stop relying on Gallas when Caulker/Kaboul is fit... even replace him with Dawson
Also he will play Ade instead of Dempsey (when he is back)

I don't think many of us expected to win today, though perhaps we thought the game would be more even.

Our next 10 games, on paper, are games we should be winning. I wouldn't be surprised to go unbeaten for another 10 games until Man Utd...

so what happens now is that we get behind the team and carry on

To my knowledge, no title or ever Champions League place has ever been decided on goal difference... so fuck it... who cares if it is 3-1 or 5-2... or 7-3... I'd rather he just went for it and we scored a goal than just defend...
Didn't City win the league on goal difference last season?

We carry on supporting spurs like we've all done our whole lives. I've seen enough shit downs the years to last a life time. Its not the end of the fucking world just because we lost to them cunts.

Like Sibs Sibs said, we've got winnable games coming up, we've played away to to all the top teams (expect Chelsea) already and got key players returning.

DON'T PANIC!

I don't know about you guys, but I plan on getting fairly drunk tonight and punching the first person who makes a 'hi 5 - 2 spurs fans' joke.

nice post & sentiment from SIBs

what do we do? get behind our manager & players. start Lloris every game, make some change to the CB partnership - it ain't functioning. Gallas should be "rested" & our malaise might be a klaxon call for the leadership, blood, thunder & guts of Dawson
Drop the immobile physically static Thudd (& look to ship him out) & start with Carroll in Dembele's absence

cross our fingers, toes & both bollocks that BAE, Parker & Kaboul get back sooner rather than later - we are devoid of heart, will to win & leadership by example.

it's ALL to play for. don't lose faith. we will triumph.

I don't know about you guys, but I plan on getting fairly drunk tonight and punching the first person who makes a 'hi 5 - 2 spurs fans' joke.
Luckily, a great advantage of not knowing anyone who follows soccer is that I thankfully don't have to worry about getting in fights.

Only thing is the gooners on what.cd are rubbing it in mightily at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom