The WTF do we NOW thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we don't finish Top 4, then Bale (and no doubt Lloris, Ade, Walker, Vertonghen name your player) will be treading the Modric route next Summer... we CAN'T afford to lose anyone else, and THAT'S why (like it or not) all this additional pressure is being put on finishing 4th... or should I say, CL Qualification, 'cos as we've seen last season, 4th don't guarantee shit-all when you're Spurs!

If we don't finish Top 4, then Bale (and no doubt Lloris, Ade, Walker, Vertonghen name your player) will be treading the Modric route next Summer... we CAN'T afford to lose anyone else, and THAT'S why (like it or not) all this additional pressure is being put on finishing 4th... or should I say, CL Qualification, 'cos as we've seen last season, 4th don't guarantee shit-all when you're Spurs!
What's the option? New manager? It is what it is. We have to back AVB in Jan, otherwise it's up to the players.

What's the option? New manager? It is what it is. We have to back AVB in Jan, otherwise it's up to the players.

Nope, just a new mentality... a never-say-die WINNERS mentality...

it's been the vital missing ingredient at Spurs since Burkinshaw left! (even Venables & Redknapp winged it at times!)

I think the main player at risk is Bale, and perhaps Sandro too. Lloris, Dembele and Verts just joined us so I think we should be able to hold on to them for another season at least. Walker I don't think people will be queing up for him the way he's been performing this season.

Personally, I think 4th is out of reach as we need all our best 11 fit at the same time and for a long enough run to gel properly. I don't think that's going to happen, unfortunately.

I think the main player at risk is Bale, and perhaps Sandro too. Lloris, Dembele and Verts just joined us so I think we should be able to hold on to them for another season at least. Walker I don't think people will be queing up for him the way he's been performing this season.

Personally, I think 4th is out of reach as we need all our best 11 fit at the same time and for a long enough run to gel properly. I don't think that's going to happen, unfortunately.
If we got Moutinho and another striker I think it's more than possible.

People forget how poorly the scum were doing this time last year and it too until a certain result in Feb to turn it around. We are by no means finished at all. Parker, BAE, Kaboul, Dembele allcoming back as well. If we made the aforementoned two key signings that'slike having 6 new players.

Nope, just a new mentality... a never-say-die WINNERS mentality...

it's been the vital missing ingredient at Spurs since Burkinshaw left! (even Venables & Redknapp winged it at times!)
We could use a real leader on the pitch, a character who can really drive the other players. Perhaps Parker when he's fit, but definitely not Gallas.

Agree about mentality but it's not just that. Going back i don't know how long, I don't think we've had a really well balanced and composed team where you can rely on a confident style of play. Even under Arry we relied heavily on a couple of key players which is now all the more obvious. As much as I want to join in with the comments on here about how shit the scum are, even when they're supposedly struggling they still tend to have a team that passes the ball amongst itself like they've all known each other since they were kids.

We can't afford to do what the chavs do and buy the best players on the market every couple of weeks. We need a more cohesive unit. Even if you read this and disagree because of the scum mention, I bet you envied something about Swansea for example last season.

In fact I'd like to bet there are plenty of people who, like me, allowed themselves to come round to the idea of AVB being our manager precisely because they thought he would bring in a kind of philosophy that would be evident throughout the team, not just if one or two certain players were fit.

The jury's out on that but at least I can say I agreed with what he tried to do today, also I'm utterly pissed and can't remember what I'm waffling about.

Are you lot seriously panicking about not finishing top four and losing all our players because we lost with 10 men to that shower of shite?

Chill the fuck out, it isn't even christmas yet. Did anyone actually expect us to get ANY points against City and Woolwich away with the injuries and lack of form we have at the moment?

We are far from the shit team that you lot are all worrying about, we will bounce back, we will fight back and we WILL finish above the scum.

Chin up!!!

Agreed, the advantage is that Bale just signed a new contract, surely if he was going to pull the No CL i'm off routine, he would have done it this year.
Or, hes put a clause in his contract saying if a big offer comes in he can talk to the club concerned.

Maybe he has, but I am sure Levy has put in a nice big release fee that any prospective club would have to match.

Yes, very likely, but we'd still end up with Modric mk. II, or Berba mk. III if you will. Getting a wad of cash means we still have to find a worthy replacement and hope the player can gel.

Yes, very likely, but we'd still end up with Modric mk. II, or Berba mk. III if you will. Getting a wad of cash means we still have to find a worthy replacement and hope the player can gel.

Of course, but I think having a release clause is much more dignified than the situation we had this summer. If for example Real or Barca came in for him there would be no, whinging when we turn down 25 million, because his clause is 50 million.

With Ronaldo unhappy at Real it does worry me they will come in for Bale, but hey maybe they will do a swap :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom