The WTF do we NOW thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Writing us off at this point would be foolish thing to do.The season's young and I dont think any team has shown consistency.There is no guarantee about who would finish where.

Writing us off at this point would be foolish thing to do.The season's young and I dont think any team has shown consistency.There is no guarantee about who would finish where.

Its still so open at the top. Woolwich are now only 2 points above us, and West Brom are 3 points above them!

What happens during January will be key. AVB must have support from us and the chairman until atleast then.

If it still goes tits up after then, well, I always did love Golf...

There are always going to be results that hurt, and there will always going to be knee jerk reactions.

We are still a much changed team and only 12 league games in. Lots of integration to get through, new players, new systems, new formations, new ideas, new beliefs.

Our points total is fairly good, the performances not so. There is the odd period of the free flowing, pacey Spurs we love. But generally a bit dis-jointed and a bias to playing the high percentage safe ball. There is not much confidence there.

As i said, its early days and much of the above is symptomatic of something new. The focus on each game is intense but to go all tabloid about it is ignoring the bigger picture and probably the long term plan for the team that Levy holds and has backed AVB to be the leader of. (he never thought HR could be this). If you don't back him then people will ask you what your viable alternative plan is. AVB must be given this season as a minimum.

Short term he has got to pray for no more major injuries and hope the main guys we have out are back asap to really open up his options.
Ade f*cked up saturday - not just for that game but with the 3 game ban any chance of continuing with the successful looking partnership of him and defoe. Means AVB has to fall back on siggy/dempsey, two players that have been more of a problem than a solution so far. Plus as soon as Ade is back i'm not sure how long he has until the ACN? (new striker in Jan?) I'm a fan of Hudd but he certainly hasn't been great (may be a hangover from basically not being wanted at the start of the season?) and am willing to give Caroll a go.

Long term - Watching teams like Ajax and Shaktar this year (and A.Madrid, Bilbao last year) feels me with hope. Hope that if you stick at it and give a coach time, you don't need a team full of superstars (although you do need a couple, and we have them), you need a ideology that filters through the club from top to bottom. Levy is trying to make us world class on the infrastructure side and AVB has been trusted with the playing side. His appointment was massively risky. (perhaps a bit surprising from Levy) But the upside is he is young (lets hope not too young) and if we can just trust him for longer than a day and he comes good, he will love us for it and could be around for a long time (and if you look at the teams who have a long term manager, this only means one thing).

I think we'll be ok and I trust in AVB to come good, especially when we have some of the injured players back and people aren't getting themselves sent off with stupid bans. F*ck it, we lost 5-2 and we move on with our pride beaten for a few weeks, but we can do the spammers and we can do Liverpool and as someone else said, we have 10 winnable games if we show our class and character. We are only 6 points from 4th and the likes of WBA and Everton will lose more games. It's not even half way through the season!!!

All this silly AVB out or has 3 games stuff is laughable. I know it's silly Twitter/ITK cr*ap as does everybody else.. 'If' it did come true then Levy has a hell of a lot to answer for and hopefully all this #inlevywetrust would stop as I don't think he's as great as some people think... but.... let's wait until January as I think we'll obviously make a couple of additions and we will be pushing for 4th. We might not get it but I think it's going to be a transition period.

Keep the faith!

Back
Top Bottom