There's band of mediocre players sabotaging the football club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And last season we sent two players out on loan and spent a combined £45million on players for the same position.

Our inability to get rid of players is shocking. Is it due to the players having too much power?

No idea I think Levy loves the end of the window as he can play poker and get in his opinion the best price. But it’s a penny wise pound foolish game, if you don’t get the price the player stays on contributing little and decreasing in value while fucking up the squad dynamic which affects team performance and value.

This concept can’t easily be stuck on a spreadsheet hence Levy seems oblivious to it from his accountant mindset. Squad togetherness, mental strength, staleness that affect players and players values are not easy to numerate.

It requires a mindset that understands football and human nature. Hence why a DoF with a strong football background who can truly assess the squad is vital. They will know when to clear out, take a loss on a player for the greater long term good of the team. Levy has shown himself incapable of this very human element. The irony is this human element is what leads to a more valuable team financially. Levy comes across as seeing footballers like car parts, sell high buy low at every turn.

The Inbetweeners Thumbs Up GIF

But thank you mate, now for real :dierpochhug:
Don't let it go to your head. There's not much competition!

But seriously you cheer me up.

What's your point in creating this thread. This place is fullmof doom and gloom posters and threads and maybe, just maybe, we could have lived without another one.
This is fucking forum and people are going to have different views on different on topics.

If you're not interested in reading opposing views go hide yourself under the fucking rock.

I think this is very clear and people chose to ignore it in the AoN doc. We have a broad split between players who I'd say are negative influence and those who are just poor (some are both).

Bad influence get rid:
- Winks, Dele, Sissoko, Aurier, Rose

Good characters but shit:
- Dier, Lamela, Sanchez, Davies

It's basically the players who were 2nd choice under Poch but only started to get a prominent role as we got desperate.

It's easy to say Levy should sell but are other clubs offering the same wages for our cast offs? Maybe they are making it difficult to shift them.

You can also imagine the impact this has on new signings, especially in the case of Ndombele falling in with those French wasters rather than a crowd that would elevate and inspire him.

Need to get these out over the next two windows. Rose is finally gone and hopefully the other 4 follow him out this summer. I think those in the second list are fine as squad players for another year and they wont fetch much money anyway in transfers.

Something Kane alluded to in his Sky interview was that Jose expected the players to be professional and work on their fitness and condition in their own time.

Whether you agree with that approach or not, it clear shows there are far too many players at the club who are lazy, unprofessional, entitled and wage thieves.

These players have an amazing opportunity to live a life most can only dream of and cant be bothered to push themselves. They have no love for the club or the fans.

Instead they'd rather fart about on instagram and play playstation.

Thing is to get players with insane ability and mentality costs more than we are willing to pay. Therefore having an approach of you should sort out your own fitness is at best naive at worst unprofessional from Jose.

Players, modern players should have very clear instructions to train and get fit like under Poch. We looked really unfit this season and this kind of says why. It’s perhaps why Jose is not suited to working with anything other than truly elite players across the board and why he was an unsuitable appointment.

When has Dele showed any signs of returning to his best?
All I see is a lumbering one paced fool still trying flicks and Megs.
Some of our fanbase will except any old shit served up by players that don't give a fuck.
We don't even need to watch today to know we will play with no heart or desire and stroll around the pitch thinking this game is below them.
Don’t watch it then

Can’t be arsed explaining

Stop talking like a fucking idiot.
People don't agree with what you say so you tell them not to watch the game.
Dele has been shit for the best part of the last 2 and a half years and if you doubt this you are deluded or part of his family.

“We don’t even need to watch today “

Then he throws his toys out of the pram when I tell him not to watch it

Priceless

Even for this thread!
lol 😆

id get rid of toby, i also think he could be one of the troublemakers. hes not the player he was a few years ago and its time to move him on.

we 100% need to get rid of winks, dele, aurier, sissoko and rose this year. things will be a lot brighter once them overrated, toxic pieces of shit move on

Aurier , Sissoko , Winks , Dele , Dier , (Maybe Toby) , Sanchez and Doherty probably too.
Apart from Toby Levy should get rid of them all.

Maybe demand higher fees for Dele and Sanchez and potentially WInks

but the other just accept what you can get and sell. Accept the loss and move on. Its the best for the squad.

Glad i'm not the only one who suspects this, I think the older and longest standing players at the club like Sissoko and Winks are the worst culprits.

No wonder our newish players look bang average they are probably told to not bother trying by those old shit bastards discontent with the club.

Faster they are chucked out the better!

Stop talking like a fucking idiot.
People don't agree with what you say so you tell them not to watch the game.
Dele has been shit for the best part of the last 2 and a half years and if you doubt this you are deluded or part of his family.
Fuck all to do with whether you agree with me or not
I don’t give a fuck
In fact I’m pleased that a moron like you doesn’t agree with me

When has Dele showed any signs of returning to his best?
All I see is a lumbering one paced fool still trying flicks and Megs.
Some of our fanbase will except any old shit served up by players that don't give a fuck.
We don't even need to watch today to know we will play with no heart or desire and stroll around the pitch thinking this game is below them.

Fed up reading miserable boring posts like these
And you call me a fucking idiot!!!!

lol lol lol 😂

This

There are basically 2 camps of squad/fringe players.

Group 1 - Dele, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Rose. They're toxic group of players who think they're better than they are

Group 2 - Lamela, Lucas, Dier, Davies, Sanchez - They may average but they give their best and want the best for the club. Not a toxic group at all.
Congrats for creating an absolute shitting bastard cunt of a thread. Fucking stupid.

It's more like the football club is sabotaging itself by allowing a band of mediocre players who clearly don't give a toss, to still be part of the squad. Nothing stopping us removing these bad apples (it's painfully obvious who they are), we need to take a financial hit and get rid this transfer window. (If anybody will have them).

Back
Top Bottom