Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cue Arry announcing from an open car window it was him who brought Timmeh here and is responsible for his development.

Last edited:
Cue Arry announcing from an open car window it was him whip brought Timmeh here and is responsible for his development.

I think he's already said that a few weeks back, or words to that effect (claiming a little thanks for the situation anyway).

To be fair, he does have a certain role to play in the whole thing.

Aside from this, Tim's now had out most successful managerial start ever apparently. Few other little records broken (5 away wins on the trot etc.).

Like it or not, he's in our little history book already and has us playing a little bit like the old Man Utd in my mind (just 'expected' to win every game by dominating possession whilst not needing to be awesome). Or is it just me?

I think he's already said that a few weeks back, or words to that effect (claiming a little thanks for the situation anyway).

Aside from this, Tim's now had out most successful managerial start ever apparently. Few other little records broken (5 away wins on the trot etc.).

Like it or not, he's in our little history book already and has us playing a little bit like the old Man Utd in my mind (just 'expected' to win every game by dominating possession whilst not needing to be awesome). Or is it just me?
I don't think we dominated possession against Swansea but point taken - fair dos

Still not entirely sure how I feel about Sherwood if i'm honest.

I, like most people, was sceptical when we handed him a contract, and after wiping us out of both cups and witnessing a 1-1 draw v West Brom I was probably even more against him. Didn't really rate his subs and his press conferences reminded me of Harry way too much to be good.

However, can't really argue with our run of form at the moment. Showed intuition to change the tactics based on who we're playing today and it paid off. Although i'm not a massive fan of his blind faith in Bentaleb, I like that he isn't afraid to use him (although I wish it was a bit more sensible; ie not away at the scum). Our football has been quite entertaining, I haven't heard too much from his press conferences recently that's irked me, so happy to get behind him and see what he can do.

EkBunj1.png

He's getting results and we're scoring and playing well plus he's got Ade back firing on all cylinders so fair play. There's still something I just don't like about the cunt though lol can't put me finger on it and I liked 'Arry and AVB

Next match will be huge, his biggest test to date and they've got all their big guns back so it should be a cracker

I still think it's too early to judge. The end of the season will be the time when we can look back and see how he's done. We've got some big games coming up, which will be his real test. Most of the wins so far have been against weaker sides and us being dumped out of two cups provides a notable counter-balance to his early success in the league.

Right now I think it's new manager syndrome. The players who are in favour with Weasel will be happy and eager to impress under the new regime. It's whether or not he can sustain it will show how capable he is as a manager. As it is, despite the wins, I don't think our form has been drop dead fantastic, and the noises he makes in press conferences about some of the players really makes me uncomfortable. I think I'll be more encouraged when he shows that he can grind out results against the top sides as well as the lower ones. Then the other stuff will be tolerable in much the same way as I tolerated Redknapp's flapping lips while he was doing well for us.

As for right now I'd rather just sit back, enjoy the wins and soak in his attitude towards the players, selection and formation for a few more months before deciding whether or not I support him for the long term. A top four spot or Europa League final appearance will go a considerable way to helping that for me.

Results are there, and with very few (and effective) tools (like e.g. :adegrin:)

We have also been extremely lucky in a number of games, but even if we'd suffered with bad luck in the Utd, Palace and todays Swansea game (with say only half the points), I still would think he has done well overall, as well as we could reasonably hope for, in terms of performance.

It should not be held against him, that he has enjoyed luck a crucial times too.

City will be interesting. I don't think we will get anything nor should we expect it with reason from TS, however IF he can get the team to perform well, go for it, play their chance, then he will certainly have shown me something. And given Levy something to consider.

Another thing to give credit for is the way he seems to be learning quickly and adapting to situations. An important quality to master for young PL managers.

Most of the wins so far have been against weaker sides and us being dumped out of two cups provides a notable counter-balance to his early success in the league

I wouldn't say that Man United, Southampton and Swansea away are easy games at all. All three I would of viewed as a point gained. Three was fantastic from each.
The cups are an anamoly at this moment in time, as as far as I can remember they were our only real poor performances. We should of beaten West Ham in the League cup, but I can take it if it also means we are currently on this run in the league.

Right now I think it's new manager syndrome. The players who are in favour with Weasel will be happy and eager to impress under the new regime.

When does "New manager syndrome" end? He trains these players 6 days a week and has now been with us for about 8 games now. Do you not give any credit to the man himself, but rather to the players? It's a bit unfair. Also the Weasel tag needs to be cut out from some on here. He did cause a bit of upset years ago, but people make mistakes and need to be allowed to make up for these.

As it is, despite the wins, I don't think our form has been drop dead fantastic.

What does that even mean? We have taken 16 out of 18 points wise. Our form puts us top of the league?!

I think I'll be more encouraged when he shows that he can grind out results against the top sides as well as the lower ones

Manchester United, Southampton and Swansea. I'd consider them top sides. Unless you are only talking abou the Sky four/five. Other managers records against them weren't great either, but we still held them in good contempt.

As for right now I'd rather just sit back, enjoy the wins and soak in his attitude towards the players, selection and formation for a few more months before deciding whether or not I support him for the long term. A top four spot or Europa League final appearance will go a considerable way to helping that for me.

Im with him. My colours are firmly nailed to the mast. I feel like I have my Tottenham back and we are playing that football which i've sorely missed.

Tim Sherwoods Blue And White Armyyy!!!

:freundgoal::sherwoodwtf:

Here's a part of Sherwood's post match interview. He hints he needs us to finish fourth to keep his job.

"It's been good, we know there are going to be tougher tests ahead, but it's been a good start for me," he said. "If the season were to end tomorrow I don't think the chairman would be too happy because we are fifth."

"The final league position has to meet the expectation of the club otherwise it's 'goodbye Charlie'."

"The club needs to finish in fourth place, we want to finish in fourth place. Anything other than that will be a disappointment but realistically we should be in amongst it."

Back
Top Bottom