Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As long as he isn’t a starter and isn’t on stupid wages it isn’t the worst thing I guess.

I’d still prefer another LW, but it’ll probably be Son starting there won’t it?
I said it in another thread, stop gap whilst Moore develops.

From that perspective, it makes sense.

I think that since we need upgrades in so many positions (some of which as better cover for the starters), the money saved in getting a proper replacement together with other funds planned for this window, could be used in other areas of the pitch (eg. ST).

Next summer, we can get a better upgrade for Timo or maybe Moore (or someone else) might step up.

Timo is already used to most of his teammates as well as the gaffer, so there’s no need for any acclimatization period.
Our inconsistency in attack has been a problem. No problem with him getting to the line and cutting back etc but the guy barely knows where the goal is. If we really want to really challenge on multiple fronts then we need someone who can do what he does and find the back of the net.

I'm happy with the signing. Goals often come from players beating their man and disrupting the other team's shape and Werner can do this and make the type crosses Postecoglou wants. He's not a finisher but he still has something to offer.

We’re fourth in the 5 year net spend table.
Ooooo the 4th in the 5 year net spend table.
We Cookin Lets Go GIF by Joel Byars

That anyone has these stats to hand is genuinely souls crushing.

our marquee signing this summer

This you?

i cant stress how happy i am to have someone dangerous up top since bale, sure his confidence dipped but he is rapid as fuck

faster then johnson

Surprise of the season I think. Will prove many doubters wrong. Suits ange

You must be delighted with this one. You've got someone who, in your own words, is as dangerous up top in our team since Bale and suits the manager.

Especially as pretty much a free signing for 12 months.

Being given any minutes at all shows that the club believe that the player is ready to play.

Seriously... What are we doing here.........?

Any less game-time and he'd have absolute zero! He's 16 and had 3 minutes in 2 dead games.... Come on man.

The whole point of having an academy is for situations like this, having a player in the squad who can sit on the bench and cover those minutes instead of having to go into the market for another option player. That way you can use the funds to try and buy better players.

Giving Werner 165k a week to sit on the bench most of the time just to come off and find a yard of space to spam crosses and cutbacks against tired legs isn't the answer.

You're still just talking about "giving minutes" and last qtr subs....... We need more than Son + work experience kid for the coming season.... We need someone to START cup games (of which hopefully there's upward of 15-20) and to start in the league if (god forbid) Son gets hurt.

.....None of that stops mere youth cameos.

Our inconsistency in attack has been a problem. No problem with him getting to the line and cutting back etc but the guy barely knows where the goal is. If we really want to really challenge on multiple fronts then we need someone who can do what he does and find the back of the net.

I think Son is going to be the first choice LW, so Timo would be cover until we get a better LW next summer, whilst hopefully giving some minutes to any of our youth players in games where we have a comfortable lead or against lesser opponents in the cups.

My grouse with the loan extension is that we are still offering him the same high wages (for a mostly, bench player).

I do hope that we are keeping some of the transfer funds for a top striker target this summer.

He did a bang average job for us last season and will do a bang average job for us next season as well.

Less than a goal or assist every other game in this setup? Missing more chances than he scored?

Nahhhh.
The point is he is good when he creates the space /chances and draws the defenders away isn't that what is required as well!

Back
Top Bottom