Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously... What are we doing here.........?

Any less game-time and he'd have absolute zero! He's 16 and had 3 minutes in 2 dead games.... Come on man.

You're still just talking about "giving minutes" and last qtr subs....... We need more than Son + work experience kid for the coming season.... We need someone to START cup games (of which hopefully there's upward of 15-20) and to start in the league if (god forbid) Son gets hurt.

.....None of that stops mere youth cameos.
You have a point tbh, I’m over it now.

I was just hoping we’d get a Lw as our main signing this summer.

Rather than just accept we don’t have the budget despite record revenues, surely we should be asking why there is no budget?
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

No way people want a 16 year old with barely any minutes in the first team to be our only LW option off the bench.
The same people will be up in arms when a 16 (soon to be 17)- year old inevitably doesn't perform to expectations (people want us to atleast try and win the competitions we're in) and before you know it, we'll have the tactical geniuses here calling for Ange's head when he doesn't play Micky at LW.

He's taking Solomon's place in the squad. If we deduct the sum of wages for Solomon + his incoming transfer fee with the wages of Werner, it wouldn't be a surprise if we get a profit. And he's a massive upgrade over Solomon (who didn't even play from November)...
Solomon is still here

If anything this signing shows that he's likely staying.
I actually think he's taken Perisic's place...
Experienced attacker, not necessarily dependant on providing goals, but chances for others...

Thing is, we've just gotta find those 'others'!

I think Son is going to be the first choice LW, so Timo would be cover until we get a better LW next summer, whilst hopefully giving some minutes to any of our youth players in games where we have a comfortable lead or against lesser opponents in the cups.

My grouse with the loan extension is that we are still offering him the same high wages (for a mostly, bench player).

I do hope that we are keeping some of the transfer funds for a top striker target this summer.
I can't help but wonder if now is the time to recruit and start bedding in Sonny's replacement. Timo won't be it in the long run. Maybe the club are thinking this is something to think about in the next summer window but I'd personally prefer it if they started work here sooner rather than later.

I can't help but wonder if now is the time to recruit and start bedding in Sonny's replacement. Timo won't be it in the long run. Maybe the club are thinking this is something to think about in the next summer window but I'd personally prefer it if they started work here sooner rather than later.
I think 9 and RW are bigger priorities

Richy is erratic at best and struggles with injuries, BJ is peripheral and others nothing other than GA (and we aren’t good enough to carry him at the moment), Kulu isn’t a RW

No team trying to win signs Werner

His Champions League, German Super Cup, German League Cup, UEFA Super Cup and Confederations Cup medals beg to differ.

He's professional, got bags of experience, can run for 90 minutes and creates a lot of opportunities for our strikers. As a rotation option on the wing, he is an excellent addition to the squad - although I would agree that he shouldn't necessarily be our first choice. But given that Ange likes to use all 5 subs in games, we need to make sure our rotation options are quality players (i.e. not Bryan Gil)

Great signing.

Clearly well liked by the squad, can hit the ground running, 6 extra matches before Xmas in the EL so will need to rotate a lot.
No involvement in the euros so can just recuperate and come back fresh.

Personally think he will outperform what he did last season.

LW sorted early. Onto the next one.

Great signing.

Clearly well liked by the squad, can hit the ground running, 6 extra matches before Xmas in the EL so will need to rotate a lot.
No involvement in the euros so can just recuperate and come back fresh.

Personally think he will outperform what he did last season.

LW sorted early. Onto the next one.

Happy to have him as a squad player, given the extra games we'll have this coming season, but I still think we need to splash out on at least one quality winger, especially if we ditch Solomon (which we should)...ideally someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Don't get me wrong, Werner did well at beating his man and getting the ball in, but his shooting is pretty awful, and that isn't going to change.

Mark my words.

Whack him on a summer holiday football camp for kids.

Watch him dominate. 100 goals a day, boost the confidence and he’ll be good to go next season.

My theory on this is that we were all set to sign him at the end of the season, then he got that hammy injury. His main attribute is his pace, so this is us hedging our bets on how that injury comes out. If he recovers and the pace is still there, we've got him for probably about the same money after the loan fee for this year. If the injury is worse than we thought, then we release him back with no long term commitment.

If his pace is still there he's a useful player to have in the squad as an option but not a nailed on starter - also already knows the club, speaks English etc

No way people want a 16 year old with barely any minutes in the first team to be our only LW option off the bench.
The same people will be up in arms when a 16 (soon to be 17)- year old inevitably doesn't perform to expectations (people want us to atleast try and win the competitions we're in) and before you know it, we'll have the tactical geniuses here calling for Ange's head when he doesn't play Micky at LW.

Isn’t MM more a no 10 than a winger?

Back
Top Bottom