Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Timo is not a great finisher clearly but he causes problems for defenders with his speed and he’s got 2 assists in 2 games. So he’s not near as bad as everyone is making him out to be especially given what we paid for him.
His assists are pin perfect but his shots can end up in Row Z so the easy fix here is to tell him when he wants to shoot pretend he is assisting to a player behind the keeper in the corner of the goal!

Think About It GIF by Identity

All 5 are rated over 20 places higher than “Uzbek.”

He’s also scored against France, Mexico, the Dutch and Spain.

The vast majority of his international goals have actually come against fairly decent opposition.
He’s a good player

I’m sorry but I dont give two shits about international records

Rooney scored 50+. I never saw him influence a game afte the age of 18 (for Eng)

Stop being a dick. He's capped over 50 times for Germany.

Clearly the guy can play a bit. It may be that Chelsea was just a bad time for him.

Tell me the last genuinely good striker Germany produced. They had Havertz there for a while.

Werner can play. He’s crap in front of goal but good at other stuff.

His Chelsea time was a lot of him being dangerous but missing sitters. We seem to have him in situations where he is providing, not finishing.

I suspect he’ll end up a decent signing who contributes some assists and a few goals but we won’t make him permanent.

He’s a good player

I’m sorry but I dont give two shits about international records

Rooney scored 50+. I never saw him influence a game afte the age of 18 (for Eng)
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, my original message was to point out that the poster was referencing his record with Germany rather than in Germany.

I will say scoring 20+ goals in 50 odd caps for a German team who is consistently rated at the top of international football is much more impressive than any Bundesliga record Wout Weghorst may have had.

I will say scoring 20+ goals in 50 odd caps for a German team who is consistently rated at the top of international football is much more impressive than any Bundesliga record Wout Weghorst may have had.

Uhhhhh why? Almost all his goals are nations league (glorified friendly) or actual friendlies/qualifiers. We’ve seen shit like Fred have similar records.

Germany are currently ranked 16th. Below Mexico. They’re pretty fucking useless over the last decade or so.

Uhhhhh why? Almost all his goals are nations league (glorified friendly) or actual friendlies/qualifiers. We’ve seen shit like Fred have similar records.

Germany are currently ranked 16th. Below Mexico. They’re pretty fucking useless over the last decade or so.
Well, the level required to even get 50+ caps is significantly higher than playing for FC Heidenheim.

Further, have you watched the Bundesliga? It’s an abysmal league. Outside of Bayern, Dortmund and the flavour of the year team cycled between Leverkusen and Leipzig, its an atrocious brand of football.

I put a lot more stock into scoring for your national team in over 40% of the matches you step on the pitch for in largely WC or Euro qualifiers against decent competition (as mentioned in my previous posts) over potting goals against Bochum.

Back
Top Bottom