Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some posts at half time yesterday...

I think the Israeli lad would be far more effective than Werner in this match.

I'm ready to call time on the Werner experiment.

Timo is wasteful as hell.

You can see why Werner was not getting any game time at Leipzig.

Got to say Werner has been terrible since he has joined us.

I’m just gonna say it because we are all thinking it. Werner is absolutely shocking.

At least we can send Werner back at the end of the season. Get Johnson on so we can see if he's going to work in Angeball.

I mean I said it when we signed him and I’ll say it again now: It’s Timo fucking Werner. We all pissed ourself at him when he played for Chelsea and as useful as some of the work he does for us is, other fans will piss themselves at him now.

Anyone who expected any different is a fucking fool. Leipzig have practically driven him down to our training ground.

As a few like to put it, "Levy masterclass". Buy Johnson and then get Johnson 2.0 on loan.

Just in case you needed further proof why people should hold off - at least till FT - to get a bit of perspective.
But the match thread is full of fucking idiots(not everyone)who go from one extreme to the next in the space of 10 minutes.
They watch the game and over analyse every mistake. Its impossible to go through a game if football not making a mistake.

Came across really well in his post match interview, and gave the impression that he actually wants to be here and enjoys it.

My expectations for him were very low, and I’ve still got quite a few concerns about his finishing, but have been pretty impressed so far. He’s creating problems for the opposition, can spot and time great runs, and doesn’t mind tracking back either.
Also get the feeling that he’s the type of player that can’t have too many options or time available as he’ll overthink it , should just follow his quick decision making and instinct.

Was expecting a way longer adjustment period considering he virtually played no football this season.

Where was this, Spurs TV or TNT?

I wouldn't mind so much, wouldn't have posted all that, if those concerned had had the decency to say "I was harsh on him earlier but full credit to him for that second half" at full time or something like that.
They won’t because they are clueless. The same ones will have had a go at Romero,Sonny and Maddison at some point. The same ones would have destroyed Porro last season.

He had a game of two halves, but then so did most of the team.

He got into some good positions first half and then the end product was shocking, but then in the 2nd half with a bit more space to work with he was fairly clinical with a couple of assists.

I feel he's a player who might struggle when we play against a low block like Brentford played first half last night but if he gets space to run into he is going to create a lot for us.

There is a player in there but blows a bit hot and cold.

I think the quicker transitions from midfield to attack in that seven minute spell after HT, stopped Brentford getting into their shape and that helped Timo.

I'd take him on a permanent at the low price , think there's good quality there to be a player that can come off the bench or rotate . higher quality depth than sessegnon, gil or solomon at least for me

Last edited:
I'd take him on a permanent at the low price , think there's good quality there to be a player that can come off the bench or rotate . higher quality depth the sessegnon, gil or solomon at least for me

His buy fee we have is £13m which is fucking cheap.

He had a game of two halves, but then so did most of the team.

He got into some good positions first half and then the end product was shocking, but then in the 2nd half with a bit more space to work with he was fairly clinical with a couple of assists.

I feel he's a player who might struggle when we play against a low block like Brentford played first half last night but if he gets space to run into he is going to create a lot for us.

There is a player in there but blows a bit hot and cold.

I think the quicker transitions from midfield to attack in that seven minute spell after HT, stopped Brentford getting into their shape and that helped Timo.

Think you'll find Werner had a very good game.

Last edited:
Some posts at half time yesterday...

I think the Israeli lad would be far more effective than Werner in this match.

I'm ready to call time on the Werner experiment.

Timo is wasteful as hell.

You can see why Werner was not getting any game time at Leipzig.

Got to say Werner has been terrible since he has joined us.

I’m just gonna say it because we are all thinking it. Werner is absolutely shocking.

At least we can send Werner back at the end of the season. Get Johnson on so we can see if he's going to work in Angeball.

I mean I said it when we signed him and I’ll say it again now: It’s Timo fucking Werner. We all pissed ourself at him when he played for Chelsea and as useful as some of the work he does for us is, other fans will piss themselves at him now.

Anyone who expected any different is a fucking fool. Leipzig have practically driven him down to our training ground.

As a few like to put it, "Levy masterclass". Buy Johnson and then get Johnson 2.0 on loan.

Just in case you needed further proof why people should hold off - at least till FT - to get a bit of perspective.

One of them posts was me. I’m happy he ended the game strongly but no one can truthfully say he was good in that first half. His end product was woeful and he missed a few chances. As I say though I’m happy for him to prove me wrong.

One of them posts was me. I’m happy he ended the game strongly but no one can truthfully say he was good in that first half. His end product was woeful and he missed a few chances. As I say though I’m happy for him to prove me wrong.

Maybe try not melting next time. It'll be less humiliating for you when you inevitably have to apologise.

He's looking good. A very necessary step up in squad back up/starter quality for Son et al.

Works hard, fast, not brain dead on the ball 99% of the time like most speedsters. Still getting up to speed after 14 minutes of football before joining us.

£13m could be a great bit of business when we are in Europe next season.

Whoever said that assist was like Bale in his left wing days was spot on.

The little burst of pace and fizzing ball to the back post was a delight. Feel like we haven't seen something like that in ages.

It could have shades of Van der Vaart though.

Occasionally, and it doesn't happen often, you just get lucky. This might be right place, right time for Timo and Spurs. You don't score 24 in 57 for Germany if you are not of the highest level.

Possibly true. Not convinced he is a great natural finisher, but the same applies to a lot of a very good players who don’t get as much criticism as he gets for it.

I think a lot of the problem with him is expectations; at Chelsea they possibly thought they’d bought a prolific goalscorer, and that was how he was judged.

Hopefully for us he might well start putting more chances away if his other qualities are valued and there is less pressure on him to be the goal scorer.

He is talented and puts a shift in anyway, so I like him so far.

It could have shades of Van der Vaart though.

Occasionally, and it doesn't happen often, you just get lucky. This might be right place, right time for Timo and Spurs. You don't score 24 in 57 for Germany if you are not of the highest level.

Wout Weghorst and Andre Silva once got 48 goals between them in a single Bundesliga season.

Timo is not a great finisher clearly but he causes problems for defenders with his speed and he’s got 2 assists in 2 games. So he’s not near as bad as everyone is making him out to be especially given what we paid for him.

Back
Top Bottom