Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah that header he missed in the first half 😂

Anyway you can see how it effective he can be, his running off the shoulder and the way he bends his runs is elite, hell get much more of the ball when he ssttjkes up more of an understanding with Maddison.

Some posts at half time yesterday...

I think the Israeli lad would be far more effective than Werner in this match.

I'm ready to call time on the Werner experiment.

Timo is wasteful as hell.

You can see why Werner was not getting any game time at Leipzig.

Got to say Werner has been terrible since he has joined us.

I’m just gonna say it because we are all thinking it. Werner is absolutely shocking.

At least we can send Werner back at the end of the season. Get Johnson on so we can see if he's going to work in Angeball.

I mean I said it when we signed him and I’ll say it again now: It’s Timo fucking Werner. We all pissed ourself at him when he played for Chelsea and as useful as some of the work he does for us is, other fans will piss themselves at him now.

Anyone who expected any different is a fucking fool. Leipzig have practically driven him down to our training ground.

As a few like to put it, "Levy masterclass". Buy Johnson and then get Johnson 2.0 on loan.

Just in case you needed further proof why people should hold off - at least till FT - to get a bit of perspective.

I’m just gonna say it because we are all thinking it. Werner is absolutely shocking.

At least we can send Werner back at the end of the season. Get Johnson on so we can see if he's going to work in Angeball.

I mean I said it when we signed him and I’ll say it again now: It’s Timo fucking Werner. We all pissed ourself at him when he played for Chelsea and as useful as some of the work he does for us is, other fans will piss themselves at him now.

Anyone who expected any different is a fucking fool. Leipzig have practically driven him down to our training ground.

As a few like to put it, "Levy masterclass". Buy Johnson and then get Johnson 2.0 on loan.

Just in case you needed further proof why people should hold off - at least till FT - to get a bit of perspective.
Ridiculous.

Each and every person who wrote those should be banned for a month and feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

:harrylol:

Werner has been doing what he was brought in to do. Would’ve done more against City if people had bothered/been able to get the ball to him.

The runs he makes are very effective.

Yeah I agree Bill.

I get that posting in real time is emotive, but I also think some of the comments are just out of spite for the signing. That's the sad part. He was pivotal in our 3 points today.

It's amazing, because the fans in the stadium seemed to have a totally different perspective to the doom mongers on here. He got a great reception at the game itself, chants of "Timo, Timo" when he was subbed off.

You just don't see the whole game at home on TV.

The forum equivalents of Neal Maupay

Mate, these are the people who in real life when they spout all this shit you just turn the other way and ignore it and don't engage with it. People who think their opinions should be heard and agreed on at all times and just speak over you when you try and make it a conversation.

Yeah I agree Bill.

I get that posting in real time is emotive, but I also think some of the comments are just out of spite for the signing. That's the sad part. He was pivotal in our 3 points today.
I wouldn't mind so much, wouldn't have posted all that, if those concerned had had the decency to say "I was harsh on him earlier but full credit to him for that second half" at full time or something like that.

I really did not understand why he was criticised for the first half.
He is a fantastic player.
Like Ange I don't care whether he scores or not. I'll accept an assist every game.

To me, his first half was too hesitant. Instead of taking on defender, he passed the ball back.

But not just Timo. The whole team played like we'd be 3:0 up and coming to this game from securing 7th consecutive EPL title.
Play was comfortable, took too much time, picked too safe option, looked to pass the ball sideways or back.

I said in local fans FB group that this team could do so much better and we need a restart. And HT provided this rebooting - we were more aggressive, more direct, wanting to tear this relegation fodder shitshow to pieces.

Came across really well in his post match interview, and gave the impression that he actually wants to be here and enjoys it.

My expectations for him were very low, and I’ve still got quite a few concerns about his finishing, but have been pretty impressed so far. He’s creating problems for the opposition, can spot and time great runs, and doesn’t mind tracking back either.
Also get the feeling that he’s the type of player that can’t have too many options or time available as he’ll overthink it , should just follow his quick decision making and instinct.

Was expecting a way longer adjustment period considering he virtually played no football this season.

This is why I stay well clear of match threads while the game's ongoing.

He has the potential to be a huge weapon for us if we learn to use him more. The way Ange wants to play with quick incisive passing through the lines, the wingers to the byline and cutting it back, Werner is tailor-made for it.

Sliding doors moment for Werner. If he’d been subbed at HT he couldn’t complain,

Ange sticks by him, he gets 2 assists to Udogie and Johnson the players in the squad that needed them the most. Now has 3 assists in his first month and looks like a permanent option.

Werner was a running joke that I used to beat my Blue Scum supporter colleagues with - as he missed sitter after sitter for his 50M quid transfer fee. The lad was a joy to watch for Chavs in a laughing at you not with you kind of way. He truly was dreadful in front of goal.

For us, he’s a no risk punt - so why not - since we do need depth with our injuries and Son’s absence. Maybe Ange can help him find his 28 goal form with Leipzig form 4 -5 years ago.

He has my full support as thanks for his performance with Chavs 😆😆. Based on the clip below - he seems like a lovable goofball.

View: https://youtu.be/6YHK3a0K16Y?si=snldCKerrPuxBkHU

That's quite funny to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom