Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Me too at the moment and I’m a big fan but I thought he was miles off it again tonight. He looks a shadow of the player from earlier on in the season. I hope I’m wrong but at the moment he’s not looking like a good fit for this team. Maybe he’s just having a dip and his confidence is low. He does go through dips as we’ve seen before then steps up again.
Apparently the illness he had recently really fucked him up but it’s the not taking a shot when a shot is to be taken that’s incredibly annoying, and he’s been like that all season.

Too many people think this lad was brought in to get goals, he's not there for that at all, he's to provide balance on the wings and put nasty balls across the box on the deck like he did (again) tonight. Will be a real asset, we've lacked pace for so long. If he scored goals as well he'd already be at one of the megaclubs

Too many people think this lad was brought in to get goals, he's not there for that at all, he's to provide balance on the wings and put nasty balls across the box on the deck like he did (again) tonight. Will be a real asset, we've lacked pace for so long. If he scored goals as well he'd already be at one of the megaclubs
Yeah, he's not much of a finisher but he's probably our best 1v1 dribbler and is devastating on the transition. He doesn't use trickery but that burst over 5 yards is pretty hard to live with. The key is getting the ball to him early so he can drive at a retreating full back.

If we can get Johnson to play in a similarly direct way and be squaring balls for Timo to tap in as well we're in business.

I'm hoping all this speculation that he won't be kept over to next year is just people trying to fill space in their writing. I don't see him becoming a first tier star, but especially if Spurs have Champions League games to play next year why wouldn't you want that kind of a player providing depth?

I'm hoping all this speculation that he won't be kept over to next year is just people trying to fill space in their writing. I don't see him becoming a first tier star, but especially if Spurs have Champions League games to play next year why wouldn't you want that kind of a player providing depth?

I agree but I also think he can be a star in this system. The guy has been nothing but impressive since he walked in the door, clearly has an outstanding work ethic and is apparently a humble, well liked member of the squad.

I have hope for Timo based on this and also the fact that before he went to Chelsea he was a star.

If he was a great goal scorer he wouldn’t have been loaned out to us with an offer to buy for peanuts. I really like him; he has plenty of other qualities if utilised in the right way.

If he was a great goal scorer he wouldn’t have been loaned out to us with an offer to buy for peanuts. I really like him; he has plenty of other qualities if utilised in the right way.

It could have shades of Van der Vaart though.

Occasionally, and it doesn't happen often, you just get lucky. This might be right place, right time for Timo and Spurs. You don't score 24 in 57 for Germany if you are not of the highest level.

Back
Top Bottom