Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tough to take that and a lot of poor performances that I don't need to go on about in here as I'm certain it's been gone over extensively.

A huge part of the reason for not playing well was Citeh's main defensive tactic of fouling our players every time we broke the lines or turned them in the centre of the pitch. Foul count was 8 from us and 20 from them.

Biggest annoyance was the reluctance or precision to play Werner in , he had a lot of chances to go in behind them. He only got the service once and Walker defended him just well enough but was panicked enough by the situation and dived to get out of dealing with the ball.

Finally , the manner we lose this game was naivety , allowing Dias to continually pull and push Vic was pathetic by us and that little weasel ref was allowing it every time a corner was kicked.

He needed to be picked out. I thought it was shocking the amount of we'll timed runs he made and we stupidly just didn't bother playing it through when it was so obvious that it needed to be done and was there to be done. I think he did his part he was switched on and ready to go on numerous occasions.

He was showing for it though; that's the whole point.
I wouldn't criticise his off-the-ball enthusiasm - for fucksake that's a bare minimum requirement, isn't it? However, he was crap with the ball. Offered nothing and seemed frightened to run down the wing. People can disagree as much as they like - I know what I saw and what I saw was very disappointing. But then you could say that about the entire team last night. They seemed to have a 'we're not good enough' attitude - and that's not good enough.
I'm off to find Ange's post match presser now - to see if he's as honest as I think he should be.

I’d have liked to have seen him played through also. With such a high line we should have mixed it up a bit with a few balls over the top. Walker is still rapid, but could he have made those defensive sprints 3-4 times per half at his age? Maybe, maybe not. Same with Johnson. We have real pace but we’re ponderous at times in midfield and city stifled us time and time again.
They’re vulnerable to the counter against us and we didn’t counter attack anywhere near enough with some testing balls behind their high line.

Richy would start at 9 for woolwich, utd, Villa , chavski and I’d make a case for the dippers because he works as hard as Darwin and is a better finisher.

Deki starts RW for utd, Villa, chavski

We lost but the crywanking has to start running dry soon
Richarlison starting for Liverpool???

Nah

It's possible we made conscious decision to generally try to attack the other flank because of Walkers quality and pace. Which is a shame seeing those few excellent runs Werner was making.
Add to that our other players getting used to Timos movement and Maddison coming back to full fitness and I think Werner can be really useful.
Few more games without Son so I hope we will click soon. Playing a team that doesn't happen to be the best in the world may help also.

He’s not looked suited to our style on the left IMO. Wouldn’t be against him playing right or even central (poss Richy left). Early days but looks a bit lacking in ability to be a dangerous inverted winger (wayward shooter and not an intricate dribbler) but he’s got something and he’s dangerous

I don't know why there's a Werner fan group, if we get Nusa he'll be forgotten in an instant.

He's not a good player.

So, you are asking why people are supportive of Timo Werner in Tottenham fan forum.

I think I know answer to this one. Cause this is Tottenham fan forum and Timo Werner plays for Tottenham right now. Major surprise, right.

I mean, literally- you are asking why people want him to do well? What is your problem?

He's run offside both times before the pass is on

You really haven't seen much top level football, have ya?

If you play against quality opposition, playing high line you HAVE TO run behind and open the passing route REALLY FUCKING QUICK. Cause you know what, if you take 1 more second and stand there, they will get back. In those two videos it was 100% taking too long on the ball from other players, not him running offside. It is game of microseconds and if you snooze, you lose. Simple as.

His runs early in the second half were a big reason we won today. I don’t think I want him taking many shots, but he is contributing. Good loan signing.

Back
Top Bottom