Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah; no cunt was picking out his runs... Even at 33, playing up against Walker is no joke; but on a number of occasions he had KW wrong-footed and just needed to be played in early.

Yeah, I agree with this.

Even the commentator on my channel, I think it was Stewart Robson, kept on mentioning that our link up players were taking one to many touches whilst Tino was running in behind.
Love Kulu, but he had 2-3 chances to guide the ball into Timos run, but never did.

Werner was crap tonight. Too scared to run down the wing.
Not sure why you got disagrees for this.

I was at the game last night and thought Werner was fucking awful. He didn't get played in enough but he wasn't really showing for it and don't run enough.

He's only been here a couple of weeks and it'll take time but he was better against United, and like much of the team, anonymous against City. Not as bad as Deki, mind, but still awful.

Not sure why you got disagrees for this.

I was at the game last night and thought Werner was fucking awful. He didn't get played in enough but he wasn't really showing for it and don't run enough.

He's only been here a couple of weeks and it'll take time but he was better against United, and like much of the team, anonymous against City. Not as bad as Deki, mind, but still awful.

He was showing for it though; that's the whole point.

Look the jury is still out on the success (or otherwise) of Werner but those criticising him after last night are doing so unfairly.

If you’re expecting Werner to get the ball and leave 3 people on their arse with tricks and turns you haven’t watched him play. That’s not his game.

His game at the top level is based on elite off-ball running, which I think he showed plenty of last night, but we consistently failed to find him.

There’s no point having Werner if we’re not looking for that ball in behind for him.

Not going to judge Werner on a game against the best team in the land without our best players to get the best out of him. Not happening.

Some really favourable games coming up for us now though between now and the end of February. He'll get plenty of minutes and our best players are slowly coming back.

Not sure how anyone is calling him crap last night. We barely had any possession so he didn’t really have a chance to shine. I watched it on ITV last night and Andy Gray must have said it 20 times that Werner was open and had lots of space. Our players just couldn’t pick out a pass which was bizarre

Nah; no cunt was picking out his runs... Even at 33, playing up against Walker is no joke; but on a number of occasions he had KW wrong-footed and just needed to be played in early.

The one time he did get played in, Walker beasted him tbh. Was incredible defending really.

The test will be when he’s through like that against any other defender, can he finish.

View: https://twitter.com/apolloshotuded/status/1751028426935320895?t=JEw9tI9NqQsKEJuD6KNz3g&s=19

He was making runs and asking for the ball, yet nobody passed to him.

Our only shot on goal came from him getting past his man and playing a great ball to Johnson.

Helped Udogie defensively a lot more than BJ on the other side with Porro.

All in all, he only made one mistake which was that he didn't get a shot away at the end of the 2nd half, but apart from that he was very good. Such a shame looking at people discrediting him only because they don't like him.

View: https://twitter.com/apolloshotuded/status/1751028426935320895?t=JEw9tI9NqQsKEJuD6KNz3g&s=19

Our only shot on goal came from him getting past his man and playing a great ball to Johnson.

All in all, he only made one mistake which was that he didn't get a shot away at the end of the 2nd half, but apart from that he was very good. Such a shame looking at people discrediting him only because they don't like him.

That first one looks worse everytime.

Maddison makes it. In fact, I'm confident even Lo Celso makes it.

Yeah thought that one was criminal. Kulu was on his left foot and had lots of time to pick out a pass. Reminds me of when we played as kids and you didn’t pass to someone because you didn’t like them. Only reason I can think of

He's run offside both times before the pass is on

Played well enough even though the service was piss poor.
Time after time he was ready to go and for some reason he was never spotted by either Deki or Destiny.
Anyway, after a good night's sleep, I'm thinking we can now most definitely play our best 11 every game. This is a new project and it's only 7 months old and we have to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom