Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I agree Bill.

I get that posting in real time is emotive, but I also think some of the comments are just out of spite for the signing. That's the sad part. He was pivotal in our 3 points today.

All the flowery bullshit in the list aside; this one sticks out for me:

"
Got to say Werner has been terrible since he has joined us."

Why? ......Cos he was actually pretty good on his debut v Man U.

Tell me the last genuinely good striker Germany produced. They had Havertz there for a while.

Werner can play. He’s crap in front of goal but good at other stuff.

His Chelsea time was a lot of him being dangerous but missing sitters. We seem to have him in situations where he is providing, not finishing.

I suspect he’ll end up a decent signing who contributes some assists and a few goals but we won’t make him permanent.

I think at that price we'd be mad not to make him permanent.

From the little I've seen from clips he reminds me of Xavi - just impossible to get the ball off him and is always breaking into space moving forward.

His passing might need some work as compared to his dribbling.

I like him and he works hard but he had to score that chance. If he scores we go on and win comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom