Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we could do alot worse. At least we saw how eager he was in driving forward and taking on players. And if we are serious in going far in many competitions next season, it really doesn't hurt to have him. Some people really like to complain for the sake of complaining.
Yes for all his faults he is currently the only forward we have that can consistently beat his man.

If we are competing on multiple fronts next season I have no issue with Timo being rotated in and out at all. Against tired legs off the bench too, seems a great choice. I know the usuals will complain, but we could do a lot worse than grab a known entity that seemed to work pretty effectively in our current setup.

Plus if Ange wants him, then that says enough for me anyway.

I’d still prefer another LW, but it’ll probably be Son starting there won’t it?
Ange has more or less confirmed that Son is the starting LW as long as we have central strikers available.

So if we get someone in that can rotate with Richarlison that should mean that Son sees the majority of his minutes off the left.

Ange has more or less confirmed that Son is the starting LW as long as we have central strikers available.

So if we get someone in that can rotate with Richarlison that should mean that Son sees the majority of his minutes off the left.
I’d rather Son rotate with Richarlison and get a winger who can retain the ball better instead.

This is why you have an academy.

Give Moore that place in the squad
Nah.

No manager that actively wants to compete is going to fill his squad with a bunch of unproven youngsters and expect them to deliver.

Managers employment status is decided in the here and now. So they are naturally hesitant to rely on youth players. Look at how long it took for Foden to properly cement a place in the City squad. Literal years and he had to be convinced to stay a couple of times.

The only managers that actually pull of "youth revolutions" are internal hires from their clubs respective youth teams as well. Which is why they can pull it off. They know which youth players can make it and which that cannot.

Moore will be the third choice left winger behind Son and Timo and get garbage minutes when possibly because he is a 16 year old kid and Ange is not going to rely on a 16 year old when he has two options that he actually likes.

Nah.

No manager that actively wants to compete is going to fill his squad with a bunch of unproven youngsters and expect them to deliver.

Managers employment status is decided in the here and now. So they are naturally hesitant to rely on youth players. Look at how long it took for Foden to properly cement a place in the City squad. Literal years and he had to be convinced to stay a couple of times.

The only managers that actually pull of "youth revolutions" are internal hires from their clubs respective youth teams as well. Which is why they can pull it off. They know which youth players can make it and which that cannot.

Moore will be the third choice left winger behind Son and Timo and get garbage minutes when possibly because he is a 16 year old kid and Ange is not going to rely on a 16 year old when he has two options that he actually likes.
It’s a poor use of resources when you can put an academy player on a fraction of Werner’s wages on the bench instead.

That money could be directed towards a much better player instead.

This is why you have an academy.

Give Moore that place in the squad and save the wages for a top player like an Olise instead of giving it to Werner to do nothing.
IMHO Moore for all his talent will have to be handled carefully and introduced gradually purely because of his age.

Olise will be likely be going for £75m+ as he’s sure to be this window’s hot property and they’ll be plenty of suitors for him that we’ll be up against.

Back
Top Bottom