"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing that's bugging me, is that if Chelsea do win the title, you'll have the same old crowd, prattling out the same old 'Spurs bottled it' line.

It shouldn't bother me, because even if we don't win we haven't bottled anything, but I can guarantee sure as shit you'll hear it - and it will sure as shit bother me. Just hope the players don't take any notice of it. They've done themselves proud no matter where we end up this season.

Spurs bottled 4th by coming second. But Woolwich, Utd, City and Liverpool were all going to win the title I heard..

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Win Friday and we get within 1 point of them before they have to face a Boro side fighting relegation. Never say never!

It will help a lot of if Sunderland get something off Hull. Because if Hull win that then Boro will need to beat Chelsea to avoid being relegated. So if it's 0-0 after 80 minutes then they'll have to go for the win and leave themselves open to the counter attack instead of settling for the point.

We have won 9 matches on the trot. Our 2nd best performance in over 100 years. The record is 13 matches which includes 2 from a previous season. So 2 more and we equal our best ever in a single season, 12 beats it and 13 equals our best ever run. Let's just concentrate on that and if Chelsea *uck it up great but if not we may not have won anything but we have set a record that may never be beaten, a bit like going through the whole season unbeaten.

I think if we don't watch any more Chelsea matches then they'll drop points. It's basic quantum physics. Like Schrodinger's cat. While it's enclosed in the box it can be dead or alive and it's the act of opening the box that forces the universe to pick one or the other. I.E. by observing it we influence the outcome. So if we don't watch any Chelsea games then they can neither win nor lose, so they'll all be draws.
I tuned in on Sunday (I couldn't resisit) when Chelsea were 0-0 with Everton. maybe you have a point?

Doesn't it normally work that a team who reaches the FAC final start losing it little in the league-are Chelsea that sort of side?. Luck will rear its head and play a big part in the run in. Everton - brilliant at home buy by not playing for two weeks , they were short of pace. good time to play em. We play Utd after their Semi 2nd leg-good time to play em. The PL is still on, we must believe..:coys:

I think the pundits underestimate how average Chelsea's defence has been recently. I can see a 1-1 draw at West Brom and Defoe picking up the goal(s) on the final day to snatch a point allowing us to win the league on goal difference..................ok, maybe a little unrealistic but I still believe we can make the impossible possible.

I'd love to see what can happen if we reduce that gap to 1. Let them play with a little bit of pressure.

On paper looking at both our fixtures there's no way we win all ours and they don't. But anything can happen in football.

Last edited:
Doesn't it normally work that a team who reaches the FAC final start losing it little in the league-are Chelsea that sort of side?. Luck will rear its head and play a big part in the run in. Everton - brilliant at home buy by not playing for two weeks , they were short of pace. good time to play em. We play Utd after their Semi 2nd leg-good time to play em. The PL is still on, we must believe..:coys:
Yes that used to happen when the FA Cup was the highlight of the season and probably still would for teams lower down in the league. However Chelsea have won this so often recently and the league is more important and I doubt it will have that effect. They have 4 easy matches left and complacency is their only risk.

We have won 9 matches on the trot. Our 2nd best performance in over 100 years. The record is 13 matches which includes 2 from a previous season. So 2 more and we equal our best ever in a single season, 12 beats it and 13 equals our best ever run. Let's just concentrate on that and if Chelsea *uck it up great but if not we may not have won anything but we have set a record that may never be beaten, a bit like going through the whole season unbeaten.

God love you for not typing the actual word FUCK!
Do you think we're all Nuns on here??

Back
Top Bottom