"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like them to drop points anyway, preferrably lose that game. Football is weird that way. No one believe that we can win the title now, but in theory 7 games of 90 minutes of football still remain.

We got 50 from 60 points in the 20 games before West Ham. We should still aim to win our remaining three games and see how near it takes us. I don't want us to end up 16 points behind Chavs and two ahead of Scum.

I want the team to show us that the winning mentality is growing and that means picking themselves up for the remaining three games too.
Would also be incredibly satisfying to smash Leicester regardless.

FUUUUUCK I wish I could get an away ticket for that and/or not have an exam the next day.
:dier:

No bollocks international tournaments in the summer either, I expect the boys to come back well rested, fit and firing in the summer, our slowish starts have cost us both times in my opinion, I think if we are to win the league, we have to be in amoungst it from the off really, or have an obscene chelsea type run if we are playing catch up.

Too many draws seems to be the downfall, it's lovely to lose so little, but if we can turn a few of those draws into wins we are laughing

agree about the draws but something similar can be said about turning loses into draws first and that is an area we have improved a lot this season compared to last.

I'd like them to drop points anyway, preferrably lose that game. Football is weird that way. No one believe that we can win the title now, but in theory 7 games of 90 minutes of football still remain.

We got 50 from 60 points in the 20 games before West Ham. We should still aim to win our remaining three games and see how near it takes us. I don't want us to end up 16 points behind Chavs and two ahead of Scum.

I want the team to show us that the winning mentality is growing and that means picking themselves up for the remaining three games too.

Regardless of what Chelscum do now, we must aim to finish with 86 points. All about breaking down these barriers piece by piece, same as securing second, once we've done it once, we know it is possible again.

The 'draws-to-wins' stat really has been our undoing... (in terms of the title...) but the sheer volume of WINS and goals scored has been unlike anything I've known in my lifetime of supporting Spurs.

Winning games always feels better than simply 'not losing' them... but the draws specifically away at Sunderland and home to Leicester feel like the ones that got away... woulda given us 4 extra points that might well have come in more than handy right now!!
I don't think we did much wrong this season. The only really bad result is the defeat on Friday, and I strongly believe that even that would have been avoided if we had still been in with a more realistic chance at the title.

You expect to draw a few games you should win. And defeats at Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea are also games there's no shame in losing.

Most other seasons and we would be winning the league with the results we've had, it's just that Chelscum went on a 13 game winning run earlier in the season and were hard to catch.

We were very good, they were just better, in fact...I wouldn't even say they were better footballing-wise but there's just more experience and know-how in their players and manager.

Would we be more gutted if Chelsea won or dropped points tomorrow?
:sonhmm:

I somehow feel like the latter would make losing against West Ham even more galling - whereas if they win it'll underline how the title was always a long shot for us and we could just get on with enjoying the match against United...
Chelsea fans will still be sweating it if they lose tomorrow, anyone looking at it rationally will know they'll still win it, but imagine us in their position, we'd be shitting ourselves until it was mathematically done...I'd rather make them sweat a bit longer. Plus, as has been said, I'd rather have a microscopic bit of hope than none (even though it's the hope that kills you). I'm definitely not watching their game though...that would most likely be a very depressing experience.

See Conte claiming we had an advantage in the title race this season because Poch is 3 years into his project!

Yeah because not having any European football wasn't an advantage. Or having a bench full of players on 200k a week that'd walk into most teams starting line ups.

Yep we diffinitly had an advantage. That's why everyone tipped US for the title this year.

:deledoubt:

See Conte claiming we had an advantage in the title race this season because Poch is 3 years into his project!

Yeah because not having any European football wasn't an advantage. Or having a bench full of players on 200k a week that'd walk into most teams starting line ups.

Yep we diffinitly had an advantage. That's why everyone tipped US for the title this year.

:deledoubt:
...and is also the reason we bottled it!
It's not even good mind games!! It's the warped made-up logic of a drunk petulant four-year-old!

...and is also the reason we bottled it!
It's not even good mind games!! It's the warped made-up logic of a drunk petulant four-year-old!
I actually don't mind Conte but he really has one out with some utter shit in the last month. Just makes it seem like the pressure is getting to him more than anything.

Chelsea fans will still be sweating it if they lose tomorrow, anyone looking at it rationally will know they'll still win it, but imagine us in their position, we'd be shitting ourselves until it was mathematically done...I'd rather make them sweat a bit longer. Plus, as has been said, I'd rather have a microscopic bit of hope than none (even though it's the hope that kills you). I'm definitely not watching their game though...that would most likely be a very depressing experience.
Half of them probably aren't even watching games, they'll check the table at the end of the season to see they've won it and the go on social media and give it the big one

Durham on TS: "Spurs had no competition - Just a head to head with Chelsea - and they let Chelsea OVERTAKE them... ".

What the actual fuck?

CUNT.

And defeats at Man Utd are also games there's no shame in losing.
e3f58f873387b7269d67dd1316a51ec5_false-dwight-false-meme_240-192.jpeg

Durham on TS: "Spurs had no competition - Just a head to head with Chelsea - and they let Chelsea OVERTAKE them... ".

What the actual fuck?

CUNT.
These fuckers get paid for spreading lies. Cunts.

e3f58f873387b7269d67dd1316a51ec5_false-dwight-false-meme_240-192.jpeg

These fuckers get paid for spreading lies. Cunts.
Obviously never want to lose games but can hardly complain that losing at Man Utd is a shockingly bad result. At the end of the day, everyone loses sometimes.

However, looking at Man Utd and Liverpool's results against lower ranked sides, makes me wonder if tactically we should have sat deep, parked the bus and played on the counter attack in those games. I know it's not the Tottenham way, but what we did didn't work, and ultimately a draw would have been a good result.

Obviously never want to lose games but can hardly complain that losing at Man Utd is a shockingly bad result. At the end of the day, everyone loses sometimes.

However, looking at Man Utd and Liverpool's results against lower ranked sides, makes me wonder if tactically we should have sat deep, parked the bus and played on the counter attack in those games. I know it's not the Tottenham way, but what we did didn't work, and ultimately a draw would have been a good result.
I just feel that this Utd team is so shit there is no excuse in losing against them. Still chaps my ass that we did earlier in the season.

I just feel that this Utd team is so shit there is no excuse in losing against them. Still chaps my ass that we did earlier in the season.

They're not as bad as you're making out.

Besides, no such thing as a gimme in this league (pretty sure this should be news to no-one at this stage!)... Don't play well and you're likely to drop points.

What the actual fuck?

CUNT.
Just a head-to-head with Chelsea? They're fucking Chelsea FFS!
No sunshine, it's 'just' when you play Lincoln City or Sutton Utd in consecutive rounds of the Cup... that warrants 'just'!
...and anyway, when exactly did Chelsea overtake us? Did I miss a match?

I really don't think we're far from that cunt on TalkShite claiming all Gays are Aliens or that ISIS are run by the Illuminati... just to rile the listenership enough to 'phone in and get some additional revenue...

Just a head-to-head with Chelsea? They're fucking Chelsea FFS!
No sunshine, it's 'just' when you play Lincoln City or Sutton Utd in consecutive rounds of the Cup... that warrants 'just'!

Just as in 'only 1 of 2', but yeh...

...and anyway, when exactly did Chelsea overtake us? Did I miss a match?

I really don't think we're far from that cunt on TalkShite claiming all Gays are Aliens or that ISIS are run by the Illuminati... just to rile the listenership enough to 'phone in and get some additional revenue...

Indeed... Annoys the shit out of me though that whenever you get an enraged Yido phone up they play straight into his fucking hands over and over again.

Utterly out of character; I nearly phoned up today.... (Only "nearly", mind...)

Back
Top Bottom