"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been saying for two years we have the second best squad in the PL.

The people laughing are getting less and less. Not so many “LOLZ” now.
Do people still think Fabregas is better than Winks...?

City have shown that anyone can slip. Liverpool next......Christmas to May is our time.

If Liverpool win the PL it would be the worst thing to happen to this league since Woolwich did it.

Even worse because we won't stop hearing about it for the next 10 years, their fans are fucking unbearable, the club is disgusting from top to bottom, supporting racists, victim mentality and constant whining about injustice when they get everything handed to them.

Liverpool must be stopped at all costs.

Double is on for us in my opinion. 4 points is fuck all over 6 games with pressure on and the divergence of form between our two clubs. Irrespective of the league I just can't see us losing to them in the FA Cup. A draw at 90 minutes would be the best they could hope for in my opinion, we have an attitude of not being beat. Let's be honest, who is the one team they don't want to play next, especially in a game that you can't draw? Us. Their minds have already gone.

Why shouldn't we believe? Poch says that in football, anything is possible. i believe him.
God, fans never learn.

I heard all the same bullshit before we played Pompey at Wembley. "It'll be easy", "they're no match for us", "they don't have the mentality", etc.

Last edited:
Double is on for us in my opinion. 4 points is fuck all over 6 games with pressure on and the divergence of form between our two clubs. Irrespective of the league I just can't see us losing to them in the FA Cup. A draw at 90 minutes would be the best they could hope for in my opinion, we have an attitude of not being beat. Let's be honest, who is the one team they don't want to play next, especially in a game that you can't draw? Us. Their minds have already gone.

Why shouldn't we believe? Poch says that in football, anything is possible. i believe him.
Don't quote Poch, because what Poch says is the opposite of you. He doesn't believe in the pressure of expectation. He believes we take one game at a time, something he has instilled into the players this year. I believe that is much more sensible than the "we're gonna do this, gonna do that" approach. The latter sets us up for a fall and for disappointment.

I've supported this club long enough to know not to celebrate until after a win or until after we achieve something. All the rest of the time, cautious optimism. Nothing more.

If we hadn’t lost to Wolves and Woolwich, etc., etc.

Exactly....

If we won every game we’d be top.
Fact.

What isn’t a fact though is that we’d be top if we were bedding in new players.
Might be a transitional period....we might be 6th.

I find this new found angle to moan about the summer quite amusing actually.
Predict 12th, moan about 3rd

Say the clubs target is top 4, moan we aren’t top

Say we aren’t in race, moan about signings to continue race

I’ve been genuinely excited about the outside possibility of us winning the PL 3 times now in Pochs five years.
I don’t care what anyone says about the Chelsea, Leicester seasons and certainly not this season.

If, as a Spurs fan, you feel nothing but indifference right now, and the only thing you want to do is complain about the transfer policy and how let down you feel...
You are the only person losing out.
If you aren’t buzzing, you’re losing.

If you can’t get irate over a defeat, then move on to the next game, and you have to cling onto those dropped points forever, then you aren’t enjoying the victories as much.
Your loss

If you can’t enjoy our position while playing Winks and Skipp in games, and all you can do is slate KWP while getting results away to Barca, then your a cold and emotionless fan.

We all want trophies but those of you who want to spend this season predicting proudly the Poch will walk because he’s been let down, I feel sorry for you.

Most fans are on a journey here.....shame for you, you missed the coach.

Last edited:
After Harry Redknapp ripping into Gary Neville after his comments about Spurs, Neville felt the need to come out and defend himself on the subject. He doesn’t believe Spurs are in the title race because they don’t have the squad to compete.
Having “no” squad depth, and pundits playing that song like a fucking broken record really winds me up.
Sure, we would love Messi on the bench to call upon when needed, but we don’t, who does?
Have any of these pundits actually seen our injury list? Yet here we are, sitting either 4pts, 5pts or 7pts of the league leaders pending Monday night football.
If Neville’s honest opinion was that he thinks City or Liverpool have that little points cushion, are getting the rub of the green with injuries and have a favorable run in then I could accept his opinion on the subject.
Another thing, instead of just banging on about not spending money and we don’t have a squad to compete, why not actually compliment us on actually just keeping pace with the “ supposedly shit squad we do have” highlighting the injuries we actually do have.
I’m no expert here, but I can assure anyone with as much confidence I can possibly muster, that if Liverpool, had Salah, Ferminho and Mane missing for long periods, nearly always missing one of their back 4 week in week out, Including VVD occasionally, playing their home games at the Millennium stadium Cardiff they would be hanging on to a top 4 spot at best.

#he’s Magic you know #COYS

I've not been on here a lot recently so only just catching up during a slow work day but geez I have no idea why some of you follow football at all!

Yes - we may be the least likely of the top 3 to win the league but so what?! Dream a little. Believe a little. Who cares that it may not happen?! Enjoy it. Enjoy the nerves. Enjoy the excitement. Enjoy the dream.

We could be 6th, worrying about another season in the Europa. Or we could be nowhere in the league living off a one-off freak occurrence. We could be worrying about relegation. I'd rather dream. I'd rather get excited.

#COYMFS!!!!!

Phil Thompson on SSN this morning saying opposition fans are worried about another period of dominence by Liverpool and that they’ll win the league again and again and again.....

And people wonder why they’re so fucking despised......

Cunts. Hope they battered tonight and Sunday

It's mid-April and there are supporters of exactly two clubs who could even consider posting a thread like this. A bunch of oil covered blood money mercenaries and us. That alone is incredible.

We play, hands down, the most beautiful football in England. It's not even close. And we do that with the youngest squad in the League. We are doing exactly what I imagine every supporter of every club in the world would want.

Is it likely that we will win the League? No, it's not likely. Can we win the League? Fuck yes we can. I won't be afraid to talk about it.

"Poch; "Tottenham is not building now in an artificial way. It is not about putting in money, money, money, money and building a fantastic stadium and fantastic team.

“Tottenham is very genuine. It is a very natural process and it is so exciting because it is unique in the world.” Chelsea spent £120 million players last summer, while Spurs splashed out only £48m."

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino aims dig at Chelsea ahead of FA Cup showdown

:pochohshit::dembelefingers::pochlol::pochsmirk::sonpoint::dierpochhug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom