"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every time this thread appears we inevitably lose and fall further behind.

giphy.gif
We do it to ourselves, we do, that's what really hurts.

Liverpool have not had a wobble as of yet, so hopefully this is the start, a lot will depend on their progress in CL.

(then again Chelsea and Leicester never had them in their run).

We have just scraped late winners against Fulham and Watford. Our performances are not good. This thread is a jinx. Dump it.
I think title talk is more in hope than real genuine belief. As the saying goes "If we don't have hope, we don't get let down". Well I think that's how it goes.

Liverpool have not had a wobble as of yet, so hopefully this is the start, a lot will depend on their progress in CL.

(then again Chelsea and Leicester never had them in their run).
The longer all the other top 5 teams are in Europe, the better it is for our league hopes.

The last few teams that have won the title (Chavs, Leicester, Chavs, Citeh) absolutely EVERYTHING seems to have gone their way. Up there being lack of injuries. Also not being in Europe twice.

Feck me, Sammy's right with his drunk analogy. All I can think about is the things that have gone wrong - the WC, the pre-season, the injuries to ALL our players, bar Son, who initially came back knackered and now has only just come back again, Wembley, the Stadium bollocks....I really can't think of much that has gone right.

If we're still in 3rd come the end of the season, that would be a great achievement imo. But then we get a decent result when the others screw up and you start to hope. Yesh, that bird at the bar really does fanshy me, hic

I’m sure it’s been discussed, but is this season’s “best start” based on points through X number of matches? If so, is it a flawed measurement since wins used to be 2 points rather than 3?

:kanehand:

Last night my 6 a side team won our league on goal difference in the last game, prior to that we hadn’t been top once all season

#omen

Any chance you had a fat dutch guy coming in from the cold to score a hattrick in the last match? :sonhmm: Failing that I'd wait to buy the champagne based on that omen :llorishowudoin:

Please can our players stop talking about being in the hunt... if we are we are and we should do our talking on the pitch. Literally every time we start focusing on some grander prize than the next 3 points, we lose.
To have a winning mentality, first you have to believe you can win.

I wish people enjoyed watching this team play and weren't so shit scared about showing it.

To have a winning mentality, first you have to believe you can win.

I wish people enjoyed watching this team play and weren't so shit scared about showing it.

Indeed. There's a distinct difference between believing we can and supporting that notion vs. continually bleating on about "our year".

Back
Top Bottom