"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son: "I do not care that people are saying Liverpool or Man City. We are still there, we are going for it."

Anything wrong with that attitude ?

If anything, irrespective of probabilities, betting odds and so forth, isnt this what every damn player should be thinking game in, game out when there are still 14 games left ?

Son: "I do not care that people are saying Liverpool or Man City. We are still there, we are going for it."

If anything, irrespective of probabilities, betting odds and so forth, isnt this what every damn player should be thinking game in, game out when there are still 14 games left ?

It’s 7 points, currently. We have a chance, albeit temporarily, to make that 4 and put some pressure on.

Until they are more points ahead than there are points left, we have a chance. Get behind the team, folks. And try to enjoy it. Believe it or not, we have a better chance here than we did at any point during the Leicester year; the league is more competitive.

And we just need them to draw some games. Because we don’t. :)

To have a winning mentality, first you have to believe you can win.

I wish people enjoyed watching this team play and weren't so shit scared about showing it.

Sure, they should believe it but show it on the pitch and just concentrate on the next 3 points. That’s all that matters. No one is scared of showing it and as fans we can show it but the players need to just focus on the next game not start talking about title races etc. Let other people outside the team do the talking.

Sure, they should believe it but show it on the pitch and just concentrate on the next 3 points. That’s all that matters. No one is scared of showing it and as fans we can show it but the players need to just focus on the next game not start talking about title races etc. Let other people outside the team do the talking.

This was his follow up comment, which i puts it in perspective.

“We’ll see what is going to happen at the end of the season. They’re very good sides like us. We have to just focus on ourselves. Every single game, get three points, that’s most important. The season is still long.”

This was his follow up comment, which i puts it in perspective.

“We’ll see what is going to happen at the end of the season. They’re very good sides like us. We have to just focus on ourselves. Every single game, get three points, that’s most important. The season is still long.”

I know it’s the first part of what he said I’m not a fan of. It’s adds to the focus and pressure on the team which there will be enough of anyway if they can maintain this kind of form!

Here I am focussed on the title, look at the clock and its 10.10 pm... ( Sydney time... not drunk yet ) :)
We have a game in just over an hour.

Fire up ladies and gents... Its a big 3 points. Otherwise I will go into hiding from this thread .

:pochlol:

Here I am focussed on the title, look at the clock and its 10.10 pm... ( Sydney time... not drunk yet ) :)
We have a game in just over an hour.

Fire up ladies and gents... Its a big 3 points. Otherwise I will go into hiding from this thread .

:pochlol:
Its on live and I am half cut as it is!

I think if we had moved into the NWHL for this run of games we could start to dream, Wembley is just so :pochunimpressed:
I’m sure the negative feeling we get there as fans transcends into the players to a certain degree, but let’s just take one game at a time, at present I would say we are 100-1 to win it, but what odds were Leicester when they won it? (These are not bookies odds or I would be slapping £100 on! :pochohshit:)
I think the only time this season we should consider ourselves title contenders is if we beat chavs, pool and city away, it’s in our hands and who knows what kind of effect it will have on the team when dele and Kane return rested, I think untill we win these games let’s just concentrate on getting top 4, as every time I remember us having a chance to close in to the top and cement our position as genuine contenders we have blown it, so right know I would just like to be under the radar and not talked about as such as we seem to do better with the under dog mentantilty, but to even be in such a position now with out injury’s and no home stadium is testament to the squad and poch!

Nothing wrong with the quote.

My only issue is over the last 2-3 years several players have given it the big talk and we end up falling flat. I'd rather they keep it to themselves and have that inner drive within their group rather than discuss it publicly.

Nothing wrong with the quote.

My only issue is over the last 2-3 years several players have given it the big talk and we end up falling flat. I'd rather they keep it to themselves and have that inner drive within their group rather than discuss it publicly.
Agree the players did the same chit chat before the NLD and then got their arses handed to them as often is the case when the pressure is on.

My perception for the entire time I've been following Spurs is that as soon as we start to believe our own shit the team starts failing to show up. We've always been better when nobody takes us seriously.

Sorry guys but we have got no chance of the title. Even if miraculously we managed to pull a load of points closer to Liverpool, does anyone hand on heart believe we would take advantage to leapfrog above them ? We just don’t have the mentality to push over the line when it truly matters and that’s just a fact. Nothing wrong with Son’s attitude towards it, but let’s be all be honest here, we won’t be winning the league not a chance.

Sorry guys but we have got no chance of the title. Even if miraculously we managed to pull a load of points closer to Liverpool, does anyone hand on heart believe we would take advantage to leapfrog above them ? We just don’t have the mentality to push over the line when it truly matters and that’s just a fact. Nothing wrong with Son’s attitude towards it, but let’s be all be honest here, we won’t be winning the league not a chance.
I actually think the more important factor is everyone wanting to lay down for Liverpool and crown them before the season even started.

To have a winning mentality, first you have to believe you can win.

I wish people enjoyed watching this team play and weren't so shit scared about showing it.

I think there is a huge difference between enjoying watching your team and getting carried away about things. In my opinion, we as a fanbase often confuse the two.

Back
Top Bottom