"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think there are a lot who think we will, but there are those who definitely think we can - me for one.
Yeah that's the telling bit to me. Thinking we will. Big difference between thinking we will & thinking we can. I admire the faith of people who think we will.

93, 87 and 83 min winners in the league. The amount of packet I've been doing lately. My fucking heart cant take this shit.

I'm confident that the dippers will drop some more points when the pressure is on. We can pray for an injury to a key player.

I'm not confident that we wont drop anymore points.

Hope really is horrible isn't it?

Sat here convincing myself that West Ham can get something against Liverpool, even without Arnautovic. Chelsea, United and Woolwich all struggled away at West Ham but by that logic, Liverpool are on their level and they are obviously a level above.

Just need to keep doing our thing, winning games.

Our season really starts to get tough from there on out though. Chelsea away, the North London Derby, the second leg of the Champions League, Liverpool away etc.

We've got to hope that Kane / Dele are back for then. If we are still scraping results - both player back will be a massive psychological boost.

We've got to hope that Kane / Dele are back for then. If we are still scraping results - both player back will be a massive psychological boost.

Confident Kane will be back for the North London Derby at least - he's a machine when it comes to returning. He's already running!

Chelsea at Stamford Bridge may be a bit too close but it wouldn't surprise me if he is back in training within the next 2 and a half weeks. I'd like to say we beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge without him last season but we also had Dele in that game and he tears them apart.

I personally cannot see us getting anything away at the likes of Anfield, Etihad, Stamford Bridge without at least one of him or Dele.

Janssen will boost us to win the PL.

You heard it here first.
giphy.gif

I think there is a huge difference between enjoying watching your team and getting carried away about things. In my opinion, we as a fanbase often confuse the two.
Help me out and tell me what the difference is. I've not seen a single Spurs fan doing a Liverpool and claiming it's our year. I do wee some excited by what's happening and believing we might be in with a shout, whilst others are telling those fans to be quiet, I'm mean if you can't get excited about us, when exactly can you?

Help me out and tell me what the difference is. I've not seen a single Spurs fan doing a Liverpool and claiming it's our year. I do wee some excited by what's happening and believing we might be in with a shout, whilst others are telling those fans to be quiet, I'm mean if you can't get excited about us, when exactly can you?
You said ''I wish people enjoyed watching this team play and weren't so shit scared about showing it.'' As if to imply that to enjoy watching the team means that you have to go around talking about being in a title race. And that sounds downright absurd to me. Being happy and excited about your team comes in all forms but being realistic or cautious about our chances of winning the title is hardly a betrayal or a show of fear. No one is telling you to be quiet but you are telling people to go shouting about something that is still highly unlikely and more often than not in the past has led to painfully shattered hopes and dreams. So why not just let people enjoy their team however quietly and reservedly they want, and you can be as overtly excited as you want, eh?

Will be a case of getting at least 6 points from Chelsea, Shity and the Dippers away. A big big ask. Take 6 or dare we hope 7 points from them games and we could well do it this year.

It’s not more complicated than beating what we have in front of us game by game and then seeing where it takes us.

I believe if we can take maximum points from our next 6 games that we have a real shot at winning the league.

I think Liverpool are going to have a big wobble, they can’t handle the pressure.

That wobble won’t be against Wet Spam though, if anything those cunts will probably roll over just to spite us.

100% want City to humiliate the goons because;
A) I'd prefer to finish 3rd and the goons 5th than us 2nd and them 4th
B) I'd much prefer City to win the league than Liverpool.
C) I hate those fucking goons.

Nothing wrong with the quote.

My only issue is over the last 2-3 years several players have given it the big talk and we end up falling flat. I'd rather they keep it to themselves and have that inner drive within their group rather than discuss it publicly.

Big talk implies an arrogance that i have not read/heard from our players or manager.

The boys saying they believe in a title challenge is entirely reasonable imo.

"We can win the league"

does not =

"We WILL win the league"

It's not Mark feckin Noble making such comments.

I understand the concern about complacency or conceit, but any potential complacency remains (or otherwise) in the psyche regardless of any declaration of belief.

Besides, flip the scenario and they'd prob be equally criticised for NOT showing belief and having an inferiority complex.

What we want is a Liverpool loss and a City win. Then it’s:

Pool - 61
City - 59
Spurs - 57

Then we’re definitely in a title race. 4pt gap with 1/3 of the season (13 games) to go...

Admittedly we’d most likely have to beat both Liverpool and City away to pull it off. We’re definietly outsiders but one more slip-up from those two and we’re in business baby

I think there is a huge difference between enjoying watching your team and getting carried away about things. In my opinion, we as a fanbase often confuse the two.

"By far the greatest team the world has ever seen"

It's fun to get carried away.... Just ask those that sing this whilst occupying the lower echelons of the football league.

It's a been a staple mentality of football support for the 40-odd years i've known the game (and suspect for even longer as the further you go back; less and less did one 'choose' their team... Support would have been far more local and you'd just get on with supporting the team you inherited... trying to be the proverbial 12th man).... Over-rating ones team and a gallows humour are what got a collective fanbase through tougher moments. That is until the last x-amount of years where now it's deemed righteous to smear misery everywhere, claiming it to be in the name of "objectivity".

Football is ultimately futile, so why suck all the fun and escapism out of it?

Back
Top Bottom