"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are now legitimate challengers/contenders, this is the reality. As fans we have to learn how to enjoy this, whilst I totally get the fear of showing any outward confidence, what a shame for those that can't enjoy what is going on because they are too scared. Embrace the best team that Spurs have assembled in a generation. What will be, will be and good teams do have a tendency of doing good things.
I'm not sure people are scared. I'm not. What I was talking about earlier in the thread is simply not to expect it. I think one can enjoy it and support the team without building up expectation that it will be certain to happen. I prefer a "what will be will be" approach. One game at a time.

Yes, I have my doubts about whether we can win all six, though I wouldn't be surprised if we did, but assuming we did they could drop say 2 points against Everton and West Brom, win the rest and we'd still likely win it. Our GD is 8 better than them currently and we have a better head to head. Even if we won our games only by a single goal, that gives us a GD of 14 more than them for our part, and if they are drawing in 2 of their 6 remaining games that means they'd have to win each of their other four games by 3.5 goals on average. All very unlikely. So our GD gives us a definite advantage, if we end up on equal points. I do believe they will drop more points yet. Can we win all our remaining games?
Yes we can win all our remaining games. I don't think we will though. But then Chavs might get three draws or flat out lose two matches. So anything is possible.

Yes we can win all our remaining games. I don't think we will though. But then Chavs might get three draws or flat our lose two matches. So anything is possible.

So difficult to predict. What's killing me is the fact I've got to wait a whole week till the semi final and even that won't technically change anything in the title race. I have to wait almost two weeks for the next league games. I'm really looking forward to the FA cup game though, in it's own right I feel very good about our chances in that competition.

I'm not sure people are scared. I'm not. What I was talking about earlier in the thread is simply not to expect it. I think one can enjoy it and support the team without building up expectation that it will be certain to happen. I prefer a "what will be will be" approach. One game at a time.
Sure, it was more a general point, I think expecting and believing are different things. Expecting is what is the problem is at Woolwich fans. Believing is perhaps the more romantic side of football, it's the joy, it's the dream, it's the bigger picture, the philosophy and dare I get all romantic now, it's The Tottenham Way, It's To Dare Is to Do.

So difficult to predict. What's killing me is the fact I've got to wait a whole week till the semi final and even that won't technically change anything in the title race. I have to wait almost two weeks for the next league games. I'm really looking forward to the FA cup game though, in it's own right I feel very good about our chances in that competition.
I think if we can beat Chelsea we will go on to win the cup, providing the Wembley curse doesn't have an impact.

I think a Spurs/Shitty final will be a set up to repeat our famous FA Cup victories of the past against them and I just can't see the scum winning the competition this year (although I suppose it is conceivable that they will pull out all the stops and give Wenger a cup to paper over the cracks).

Sure, it was more a general point, I think expecting and believing are different things. Expecting is what is the problem is at Woolwich fans. Believing is perhaps the more romantic side of football, it's the joy, it's the dream, it's the bigger picture, the philosophy and dare I get all romantic now, it's The Tottenham Way, It's To Dare Is to Do.
Fair enough.

John Terry confirmed he'll be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.

Please, oh fucking please let's beat them to the double.

PA-5972252.jpg

giphy.gif

It's like someone giving you £100,000 and saying, if you can guess a number between 1-10 you'll get another £900,000. If you guess wrong you'll still keep the 100k and be happy with it but you won't really be mad at yourself because it was already really difficult.

It's like someone giving you £100,000 and saying, if you can guess a number between 1-10 you'll get another £900,000. If you guess wrong you'll still keep the 100k and be happy with it but you won't really be mad at yourself because it was already really difficult.

I'd keep the £100k, simples

what a shame for those that can't enjoy what is going on because they are too scared

This......everyone should be all over this. Not gloating or anything but really getting up for it. Imagine the atmosphere at Wembley this week, and in the upcoming NLD.

We are in a title race. Its not about how many % chance we have of winning it if this happens or that doesnt happen etc etc etc.

Its about thinking back just 2.5 years ago and remembering how we were arguing whether Tim Sherwood was better than AVB. Title challenge? We thought 4th would take five more years for fucks sake!

These are the best times in decades, and if you want to spend it peeking out from behind the sofa thinking of all the bad times, you are going to miss the ride. Id rather be disappointed come May than ambivalent because I "knew all along" it was "impossible".

Several posters are saying it is the semi final that is next and taking it one match at a time is Poch's approach and should be ours. We need to beat them and then we can think about the midweek matches. Whilst we blew it at the end of last season, the suspensions to Dembele And Dele had a big effect. 6 matches ago no one was saying Palace would win 5 out of 6 and be a threat. I just hope the players are not thinking about the league but the cup. Next Sunday they must then forget about the cup especially if we are in the Final and concentrate on the league. ONE MATCH AT A TIME. Stop thinking about the league which is Chelsea's to lose and not ours to win.

The expectations thread earlier on in the season the majority were happy with a top 3 finish the cup would be a bonus! Now it's the league AND the cup! Now calm down lads what's changed?we shouldn't be greedy and get ahead our selves wait and see what Saturday brings....

The expectations thread earlier on in the season the majority were happy with a top 3 finish the cup would be a bonus! Now it's the league AND the cup! Now calm down lads what's changed?we shouldn't be greedy and get ahead our selves wait and see what Saturday brings....

Those were expectations though. I don't think anyone in this thread expects us to do the double. But to be able to be in with a very real shot, for the first time in most of our lifetimes, is something to grab hold of with both fists and enjoy. Spurs are so good right now, why not allow ourselves to dream and hope. No one is getting greedy, let's not put a dampener on this, we might never have this level of possibility again.

We don't look like we're about to fall to pieces as a team (as funny as us getting a record number of yellows against Chelsea was at the time, it's fortunately hard to imagine our discipline collapsing like that now) and I really cannot picture us losing 5:1 to Newcastle (or equivalent, obviously) on the last day of the season, so this is already a massive improvement.

As has already been said, to be up at the top two seasons in a row and to improve on last season which I thought was going to be a ceiling we'd find it hard to hit again for a few years at least is just amazing. The AVB/Sherwood days feel like decades ago now. I didn't think we'd be in this position at least until we were settled in the new stadium.

Back
Top Bottom