Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here we go again. I haven't mentioned Liverpool or Chelsea's spending once. :memeokay:

You're falling apart and seeing things that ain't there.

You seem to think that all your opinions on spending in football only relates to your last five posts.
I’m talking about all the shit you throw at this club every single transfer window.....for weeks and weeks and weeks on end.

You already started this window, and then all of a sudden you think everyone will forget because you’re pretending that Kane’s new contract is everything you wanted.

Last edited:
75,000,000 for a 30 year old with injury problems is fucking incredible.

Vertonghen and Sanchez are completely fine. As long as we get a solid centre half in, who is happy to play a part in the project, we will be fine.

We've had one of the best defensive records over the last few years. With or without Toby.

He’s not 30.

What’s up with the lies to make the sale sound more attractive? Bellend

No you’re right - we won’t do that.

Mainly because I don’t think any of our players get given a cheque up front for the next three years.
Not even those big novelty ones, although maybe that’s something they could do instead of the usual signing a contract photo. Good idea.

Btw £10million for the next three years is only an extra £64,102 a week and he wants quite a bit more than that so even in this bizarre scenario you have imagined he would probably tell them to fuck off anyway.

:dembelelol:

Ha ha, yep - he's supposedly already turned down well in excess of 'just another £10m'

Ha ha, yep - he's supposedly already turned down well in excess of 'just another £10m'
I hope we sell Toby if he doesn’t want to be here, and invest in improvements and paying our key players more.

Some people want us to put a gun to his head, and let him walk in 12 months for less than Pickford cost.....because Man U fans in the comments pages of bbc sport will say naughty things about us.

You seem to think that all your opinions on spending in football only relates to your last five posts.
I’m talking about all the shit you throw at this club every single transfer window.....for weeks and weeks and weeks on end.

You already started this window, and then all of a sudden you think everyone will forget because you’re pretending that Kane’s new contract is everything you wanted.
So you admit you're wrong about me harping on about Dippers and Chavs spending?. Can't find any posts?
So, were you lying, or just fucking dense between the ears.
Which is it?

Kanes contract has come at a time when we are going to move into the new stadium that you said was never going to be built

Classic sammyspurs sammyspurs .
I'm losing the argument. My credibility is in tatters. I'm claiming posters said stuff they never said. I'm lying about posts that dont exist....oh what shall i do

I know, :freund:
I'll mention some ancient stuff from 2013 in the stadium thread.

:adethumbup:

I’ve loved watching Toby over the years, but it’s time to let him go. As soon as he turned down the contract extension we were on a losing battle to keep him. If we can get £75m for him then great. Go all out get De Ligt, at 18 we should get a few years out of him whilst he develops along side Vertonghen and Sanchez.

75M EUROS is £70M. Sounds about right for one of the best defenders in the world age 29. It's steep but worth it for them. A lot of money but I'm not keen because it could mean they finish ahead of us next season with us in second place. Unless we can spend that money on a superstar like Bale to up our level immediately and compensate for that then it's not a good deal for us.

75M EUROS is £70M. Sounds about right for one of the best defenders in the world age 29. It's steep but worth it for them. A lot of money but I'm not keen because it could mean they finish ahead of us next season with us in second place. Unless we can spend that money on a superstar like Bale to up our level immediately and compensate for that then it's not a good deal for us.

Its down to that whole running down the contract thing again, aint it.
making some assumptions, I doubt he will feature much next season if he's running down his deal.
In which case, if he can walk for 25 million (or nowt , depending upon extensions). so i would take the 70 million.

However, he's been quoted as saying he has two years left on his deal. If he means two contracted years, then I wouldnt sell this summer.
If he means, as everybody seems to believe, thats one year with a one year option, then sell him now.

after all, he aint gonna improve them that much, they had the second best defensive record in the league last year with 28. Best was 27. Year before that best defensive record was 28.
whether it weakens us too much depends on who (if anyone) comes in. But if we do sell, I dont believe for a second that Pochettino aint sanctioned it

Classic sammyspurs sammyspurs .
I'm losing the argument. My credibility is in tatters. I'm claiming posters said stuff they never said. I'm lying about posts that dont exist....oh what shall i do

I know, :freund:
I'll mention some ancient stuff from 2013 in the stadium thread.

:adethumbup:

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.......and you're still slagging off the club John, slating the chairman, mocking our policy.

You are a monopoly money fan....a keyboard chairman, and a fool

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.......and you're still slagging off the club John, slating the chairman, mocking our policy.

You are a monopoly money fan....a keyboard chairman, and a fool
I applaud the decisions I agree with. Such as Doubling the Wages of Harry Kane and his 6 year deal.
I criticise decisions I disagree with. And if we sell Toby to Utd, especially if it's just for profit with no Martial as makeweight, I fundamentally disagree with that decision.
This is a forum. Where fans express opinions. If you think he should be sold, I think your'e wrong, but I respect your opinion.
What I dont respect is your insistance that those of us who's opinion differs to yours must be slagging off the club

Last edited:
making some assumptions, I doubt he will feature much next season if he's running down his deal.
In which case, if he can walk for 25 million (or nowt , depending upon extensions). so i would take the 70 million.

However, he's been quoted as saying he has two years left on his deal. If he means two contracted years, then I wouldnt sell this summer.
If he means, as everybody seems to believe, thats one year with a one year option, then sell him now.

after all, he aint gonna improve them that much, they had the second best defensive record in the league last year with 28. Best was 27. Year before that best defensive record was 28.
whether it weakens us too much depends on who (if anyone) comes in. But if we do sell, I dont believe for a second that Pochettino aint sanctioned it

Apparently 2 years left on his contract, but a clause that says anyone bidding £25m next summer can have him.

So the logic is better to have 'loads of money' (lots more than £25m) now than be forced to sell for £25m in 12 months time......on the basis that any decent replacement will cost £59m+

So you admit you're wrong about me harping on about Dippers and Chavs spending?. Can't find any posts?
So, were you lying, or just fucking dense between the ears.
Which is it?
I just said your views go back years.

Odd that you are trying to deny comparing our spending to that of our rivals now

Last edited:
What I dont respect is your insistance that those of us who's opinion differs to yours must be slagging off the club
Nothing to do with disagreeing and everything to do with you calling us an embarrassment, small time, calling Levy and Joe Lewis tight cunts that dont care about the club or it’s fans, saying you feel humiliated by our transfers, that we are bargain basement hunters, our policy is wrong, we are a selling club not interested in trophies and the fact you constantly peddle lies about a rift between Poch and Levy.

But because you “applaud” the Kane contract you feel like all of the above didn’t happen over the last couple of windows.

There's no question we are weaker without him. He and Jan are equally good. Both of them outstanding defenders. We have good options but none as good as him to replace, and any new arrival will be uncertain. Turning Utds second best defense into the best doesn't seem wise to me if we want to beat them to the title.

I'd keep him a year. If worst happens and someone gets him for 25M next summer when he is a year older and we've had another season out of him, that's not the end of the world. Not like he'd leave on a free. If he goes on a free two years from now age 31 then again that's not the end of the world.

Plus every club in Europe would want him at that price a year from now so if he is injury free he'd sell, and more likely to be sold abroad.

If he gets injured or has dodgy form then he may even stay. Maybe he chooses to stay after we win the league. No one knows how things could be a year from now.

Selling to a rival years ago made sense, we weren't close rivals. But now it may well decide who gets the title ahead of us.

Once upon a time that was true, but I didnt see an improved defence against Brighton and WBA with Toby playing.

He was garbage

hardly a real assessment though, when there's doubt over what will happen to him and he's out the team. He'd also been injured before and had not had games to get back into the swing. If he knows where he stands and gets game time to recover his form he'll be back to his best in no time. We saw for a couple of seasons how outstanding he is and anyone who thinks he isn't as good as all that is just willfully kidding themselves.

hardly a real assessment though, when there's doubt over what will happen to him and he's out the team. He'd also been injured before and had not had games to get back into the swing. If he knows where he stands and gets game time to recover his form he'll be back to his best in no time. We saw for a couple of seasons how outstanding he is and anyone who thinks he isn't as good as all that is just willfully kidding themselves.
Not really, as weve had some of our best performances and results of Pochs era without him.
Were we weaker without him at Stamford Bridge?

I've seen some of the ITK stuff on the other forum, and I can't quite get what this 150m budget business is about.

Anyway, quick thought for the don't sell to Man U camp.

Would we take their 60m or whatever it is and put that towards a crack at Bale? Would we be happy with that type of trade off?

Of all our positional groups I think CB is our deepest and best. We are still missing a spark in attack at times though.

Back
Top Bottom