Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People making uncomplimentary remarks about Toby, is exactly like someone you loved with all your heart, but who cheat on you, and you then feel they are the scum of the earth and wish them nothing but bad luck. If the transfer doesn't happen, are we going to forgive (but never forget!)?
I'm not sure what he's meant to have done wrong though. What evil act is he supposed to have comitted that we must be asked to forgive?

How so?

Where is my lack of support for the club?
I believe you support the club passionately. Proper Yid for sure.
It just comes across that you and a few others support the regime that runs our club even more passionately. Just how I see it.
The same way you percieve some of us to support individual players more.

I'm not sure what he's meant to have done wrong though. What evil act is he supposed to have comitted that we must be asked to forgive?
I perceive the situation as that he wants to leave...........I'm not logical in my feelings when it comes to supporting Spurs; I feel that he wants to force a move, without being the 'bad guy'.

If Griffiths scored 40 goals next season and Kane was injured for 70% of the season, I wouldn’t call him shit, but I’d be more comfortable with him leaving.

That’s the scenario we have regarding Toby and Sanchez, minus the fact that Kane is a loved academy gem and Toby isn’t.
Think Sterling's treatment is bad, imagine what the media would do with him

Translation:

On the opp block take the piss = in rival gang territory take liberties

Them man don't know about trappin, them man don't even know where cunch is = those fellas don't know how to drug deal or deal in countryside hotspots/across county lines

Sawn off rusty one = shotgun

Also I can't understand him properly but 50% sure he praises another rapper from a Tottenham gang (RV) heavily involved in guns, knives and drugs.

Reo Griffiths, he's one of our ownnn

There's no question we are weaker without him. He and Jan are equally good. Both of them outstanding defenders. We have good options but none as good as him to replace, and any new arrival will be uncertain. Turning Utds second best defense into the best doesn't seem wise to me if we want to beat them to the title.

I'd keep him a year. If worst happens and someone gets him for 25M next summer when he is a year older and we've had another season out of him, that's not the end of the world. Not like he'd leave on a free. If he goes on a free two years from now age 31 then again that's not the end of the world.

Plus every club in Europe would want him at that price a year from now so if he is injury free he'd sell, and more likely to be sold abroad.

If he gets injured or has dodgy form then he may even stay. Maybe he chooses to stay after we win the league. No one knows how things could be a year from now.

Selling to a rival years ago made sense, we weren't close rivals. But now it may well decide who gets the title ahead of us.
A year from now we have no control. If he indeed wants to go to Manchester then both clubs would be in with a £25M bid and offering him buku wages accounting for the knock-down in transfer fee. The wages they’d offer would be of the same level as what anyone in Europe offers, so it’d be down to whether he wanted out of England.

Likely result, either way, if he wants silly wages and to remain in a familiar league is he goes to Manchester. Only difference between do we get 1 more year out of him, where he may or may not be motivated and committed, at the cost of £25M.

If he’s not willing to sign a new deal, we need to sell. The only control we have is in this summer. Wait a year and we’re basically renting a potentially bitter Toby for £25M+ for the season on the gamble that next summer he’d prefer to play for Barca.

I'd rather sell to Barca for 25m than strengthening another English team for 50m.
Again, that’s taking the gamble that when Barca and United both lodge £25M bids that Barca will offer higher wages and/or that’s Toby chooses Barca over United.

Theres a very high probability that he chooses United/City next summer, and I think that probability is likely increased if he feels we’ve wasted a year of his career and wants to stick it to us. And then we’ve flushed £25M out of spite.

I honestly feel like he’s off to Manchester either way, so don’t see the point in keeping a potentially disgruntled player and losing the money.

Translation:

Them man don't know about trappin, them man don't even know where cunch is = those fellas don't know how to drug deal or deal in countryside hotspots/across county lines

Also I can't understand him properly but 50% sure he praises another rapper from a Tottenham gang (RV) heavily involved in guns, knives and drugs.

PHhy8YO.gif

Wanting more than you know you will get is the same thing.
He’s pulled the wool right over some of your eyes with his Instagram and “Coys” tweets hasn’t he
I don’t consider him a greedy bastard. He knows that he can make more money elsewhere and has decided that’s his primary motivating factor, that’s his prerogative. It’s not as if he ever gave the club a reason to believe otherwise, he’s been an exceedingly valuable player for us during his stay - but his career is a mercenary one and he hasn’t really tried to hide that.

It’d be foolish for the club to flush money down the drain at this point. They did the right thing in getting Sanchez last summer. This summer we still have moderate control of the situation - we can tell United to piss off and offer him out to the big continental clubs at a price somewhere between the £50M valuation United has and the £25M he’ll walk for next season. If that fails we can play hardball over Matial and try to pry him away (if, indeed, that’s Poch’s wish).

But in the end if he really wants to go to United then we really can’t stop him. If we refuse to sell this summer he can just wait it out. He’s good enough that even if he was frozen out and sent to the reserves, United would still pay £25M for him next summer.

I’m just ready for the end of the saga. Sign a deal or move on, it’s just all a bit tiring. Though I don’t expect anything to happen until after the WC. Coming back from a injury, in particular, I doubt United or any other club wants to commit to a deal until he’s back from Russia intact. And so it will continue to drag on...and TFC will keep arguing over it.

Translation:

A professional footballer rapping about drug dealing what a fucking tool

Back
Top Bottom