Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was the child robot from AI, wasn't it?

(Not the actor, the real deal)

giphy.gif

You and Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko are fucking funny.

The main strength of Toby is that he makes our other defenders better, Verts is IMO a better defender but prone to going missing. I remember that match v the dippers seeing him in the tunnel. His heart wasn't in it. Toby gives him that steel. He does the same to Wimmer. Because the CB pairing is strong and quick enough our FB's can attack more. When Daws was in the team they couldn't as an example.
Defo the player of the season though although it will probably go to Vardy or Mahrez

Nah, we are building our defence around him. He is the man, at Dortmund he would be on the bench, like at Atletico. Don't cry, Dawson.

Thank god! I still don't understand what the "elite" of the premier league were looking at for last 3 years, for me he was always the obvious choice for an available centre back, and they didnt even realise when he was at Southampton!!!

It seems the more money these teams get the WORSE their scouting gets

Honestly, I think he should win our Spurs' Player of the Year ... right?
After the game yesterday I'm no longer in any doubt.
The other candidates are Dier, Kane, Dembele, and none of them have been as consistent and have impacted the team as Alderweireld. He is a monster.

TA against BD showed he is one of the best CB in Europe.The BD game confirmed to me how good he is. My favourite player for Spurs is Graham Roberts but TA is running him close. I saw GR play over many seasons so hard to compare. Whether we win the PL or not, this season has been superb and TA has been at the heart of our success. I played football and played at CB so Im in the CB fraternity. Along with Alli this season, what a joy.

Last edited:
He's an absolute rock. In my opinion he's more consistent than King was, albeit that has more to do with the latters fitness than his actual ability. I can only remember Alderweireld making one mistake during his career with us so far.

I can't wait to have Vertonghen back though. His on the ball presence in the build up play and covering makes Toby better and the team better, and as good as Wimmer has been, he still sells his partner short a lot.

Thinking about Dier being suspended for two games if he picks up a yellow and verts back very shortly could we not use Toby as a DM for two games.

Toby played as a DM for Saints and did well there apparently for a couple of games and he would provide the level of
Protection we require.

Just because I don't feel neither Mason nor Carroll would make a DM and the alternative of using Dembele there I feel wastes Dembeles talent.

Thinking about Dier being suspended for two games if he picks up a yellow and verts back very shortly could we not use Toby as a DM for two games.

Toby played as a DM for Saints and did well there apparently for a couple of games and he would provide the level of
Protection we require.

Just because I don't feel neither Mason nor Carroll would make a DM and the alternative of using Dembele there I feel wastes Dembeles talent.
It's an interesting idea but i'm not sure about playing two left footers at CB. If Vertonghen is fit enough he's the one i'd play at DM.

Back
Top Bottom