Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tom Carroll is also the single worst footballer I&#39;ve ever had the misfortune of watching</p>&mdash; Nick Stevens (@NickStevens1992) <a href="">March 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My season ticket holding Q.P.R. mate. Looks like he's not coming on as he should. Disappointing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tom Carroll is also the single worst footballer I&#39;ve ever had the misfortune of watching</p>&mdash; Nick Stevens (@NickStevens1992) <a href="">March 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

My season ticket holding Q.P.R. mate. Looks like he's not coming on as he should. Disappointing.

seems a little too sensationalist to look into.

Maybe he's disappointing but ask Leeds fans what they thought of Ross Barkley. They chased him right out. The Championship doesn't always fit for young skilled players. Should have never loaned him there.

Sensationalist or not, it's telling. I was telling him at the start of the season that he was special and to keep an eye out. Says he's been disappointing all year. Needs a PL loan to really tell I reckon.
Maybe, but they also thought Jenas was class when he joined them.

Find it shocking that CP or Cardiff couldn't have used him, although I'm not familiar with the depth of their midfields.

Sensationalist or not, it's telling. I was telling him at the start of the season that he was special and to keep an eye out. Says he's been disappointing all year. Needs a PL loan to really tell I reckon.

Meh, idunno... if an outsider came on this forum and saw a few of the posts they'd think Spurs were in the relegation zone. I just wouldn't consider someone's frustrated tweet as very telling, especially considering it's an opinion forced to be given in 140 characters or less.

Describing a 21 (or so) year old player, on loan from a top 5 club as the "Single worst player" you've ever seen, only really reflects badly on the person making the comment. (Yeah I'm calling your mate out...)
Tell nick to look up Goran Bunjecjevic, Ali Dia... actually Pascal Chimbonda played one game for QPR.
If he's a hoops boy he should be used to watching shit footballers anyway.

I think one of the problems with situations like this, and for example townsend and like someone mentioned above, Barkley, is that championship clubs think "oh great we're getting a prospect on loan from some top 8 premier league club, he's going to be the best player on our team and blah blah"
Which is highly unrealistic. i doubt there are many 20 year olds that could go to any team in the top 2 tiers of football and really dominate. That being said i do think we overrate little TC a bit. He's not shit though.

I've got QPR fan friends that like him as well.

Meh, idunno... if an outsider came on this forum and saw a few of the posts they'd think Spurs were in the relegation zone. I just wouldn't consider someone's frustrated tweet as very telling, especially considering it's an opinion forced to be given in 140 characters or less.
This isn't some random bloke. It's a mate of mine. I've actually spoken to him about Carroll numerous times and it was in more than 140 characters. The tweet is just a bit of evidence to show the level that Q.P.R. fans rate Tom right now. Let's be honest here, Q.P.R. have seen more of Tom Carroll than we have, so I'm inclined to think their views are more worthy than ours. But like it has been said, Leeds didn't rate Barkley, Watford didn't rate Rose. Hopefully things with Tom are along the same lines and he needs to be in a better side to show his obvious talents.

Describing a 21 (or so) year old player, on loan from a top 5 club as the "Single worst player" you've ever seen, only really reflects badly on the person making the comment. (Yeah I'm calling your mate out...)
Tell nick to look up Goran Bunjecjevic, Ali Dia... actually Pascal Chimbonda played one game for QPR.
If he's a hoops boy he should be used to watching shit footballers anyway.

I think one of the problems with situations like this, and for example townsend and like someone mentioned above, Barkley, is that championship clubs think "oh great we're getting a prospect on loan from some top 8 premier league club, he's going to be the best player on our team and blah blah"
Which is highly unrealistic. i doubt there are many 20 year olds that could go to any team in the top 2 tiers of football and really dominate. That being said i do think we overrate little TC a bit. He's not shit though.

I've got QPR fan friends that like him as well.
That whole first paragraph is completely besides the point.

Second paragraph is spot on.

This isn't some random bloke. It's a mate of mine. I've actually spoken to him about Carroll numerous times and it was in more than 140 characters. The tweet is just a bit of evidence to show the level that Q.P.R. fans rate Tom right now. Let's be honest here, Q.P.R. have seen more of Tom Carroll than we have, so I'm inclined to think their views are more worthy than ours. But like it has been said, Leeds didn't rate Barkley, Watford didn't rate Rose. Hopefully things with Tom are along the same lines and he needs to be in a better side to show his obvious talents.

random to me

Back
Top Bottom