Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One pass does not a footballer make.

I must have been hallucinating his 3 assists last season. More than Holtby despite 5 less appearances. He also had one taken away erroneously when Bale was wrongly called offsides.

Your mate made a silly comment calling him the worst footballer ever, you don't need to stick up for him.

I must have been hallucinating his 3 assists last season. More than Holtby despite 5 less appearances. He also had one taken away erroneously when Bale was wrongly called offsides.

Your mate made a silly comment calling him the worst footballer ever, you don't need to stick up for him.

he could def be the deep lying playmaker we need.

could see a 4-3-3 next year

lloris
walker vlad verts new LB
carroll sandro/capoue dembele
lamela ade eriksen

or

lloris
walker vlad verts new lb
holtby carroll eriksen
lamela ade townsend

or
lloris
walker vlad verts new lb
paulinho carroll dembele
lamela ade/ soldado eriksen

I like the second option most..probably never happen as no tackler but it would certainly have some creativity.. as Liverpool have shown you don't always need a CDM to be winning...

he could def be the deep lying playmaker we need.

could see a 4-3-3 next year

lloris
walker vlad verts new LB
carroll sandro/capoue dembele
lamela ade eriksen

or

lloris
walker vlad verts new lb
holtby carroll eriksen
lamela ade townsend

or
lloris
walker vlad verts new lb
paulinho carroll dembele
lamela ade/ soldado eriksen

I like the second option most..probably never happen as no tackler but it would certainly have some creativity.. as Liverpool have shown you don't always need a CDM to be winning...

Well Liverpool also have two of the best five best strikers in the league. When you're that clinical you can get away with being looser in the middle.

Personally I think Tommy would be best utilized in games when teams try to park the bus. But against top teams you probably need to put Sandro alongside Dembele, Paulinho, or Bentaleb. Need the steel. But against teams not trying to play football I would love to see:

Sandro Carroll
Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Ade

Was speaking to my mate who's a QPR season ticket holder and he really hasn't been that impressed with him. Argued that he's defensively weak in the tackle, and doesn't impose himself in the game enough. May be that he just struggles in the championship which is a different game to the premier-league but still not the best thing to hear...

Was speaking to my mate who's a QPR season ticket holder and he really hasn't been that impressed with him. Argued that he's defensively weak in the tackle, and doesn't impose himself in the game enough. May be that he just struggles in the championship which is a different game to the premier-league but still not the best thing to hear...

QPR play some dreadful stuff, it's hard trying to boss a 4-4-2 gameplan where everyone else is a headless chicken.

Yep, have heard similar from a friend who goes to a fair few games.

Really cant see how people can have him in any starting XI for us.

Well Liverpool also have two of the best five best strikers in the league. When you're that clinical you can get away with being looser in the middle.

Personally I think Tommy would be best utilized in games when teams try to park the bus. But against top teams you probably need to put Sandro alongside Dembele, Paulinho, or Bentaleb. Need the steel. But against teams not trying to play football I would love to see:

Sandro Carroll
Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Ade

no doubt when you take your chances it helps. But I used them because although they have had quite a few goals scored against them this seems to be more because of there back 4 rather than midfield. don't think ive seen anyone dominant their midfield this season. Possession seems to work for them, plus its not like their creating only 1 or 2 chances and taking them, they create or at least try to all the time.. thinking of a few of those deep balls from countinho against us to prove that point, a foot of difference and a few of those would have been assists. We could have a lot to learn from them..think pauli could be our Henderson, eriksen our countinho all we lack is gerrard...sure carroll dosent tackle or score goals like him but he has the potential to be able to pass like him..at least imho...

My mate is more informed than you and doesn't give it the barry because he saw a single vine of an excellent pass.

Considering your thoughts on Bentaleb, I don't know how you see Carroll ever being a starter for us.

Edit - Jordan Mutch and Peter Whittingham have 5 assists this season, don't get too up your high horse over 3 assists buddy.

Not really, QPR didn't play great by all accounts yesterday. Were saved by 3 late goals.

As I said to JDK, one swallow doesn't make a summer. Needs to perform like this more consistently to threaten the likes of Dembele, Sandro, Bentaleb etc. It's a start.

no doubt 3 assists don't make a player of spurs caliber...but surely they elevate him from 'worst player ever' status?

no doubt 3 assists don't make a player of spurs caliber...but surely they elevate him from 'worst player ever' status?
Haha, you guys are really taking it literally, aren't you? No doubt we've all called someone the worst ever and not actually meant it. When he said it I used it as a tool to show how he's viewed by Q.P.R. fans at the minute. They're as disappointed as we are. He's as much their player as he is ours right now. Especially considering how much smoke we blew up his arse at the end of last season.

Haha, you guys are really taking it literally, aren't you? No doubt we've all called someone the worst ever and not actually meant it. When he said it I used it as a tool to show how he's viewed by Q.P.R. fans at the minute. They're as disappointed as we are. He's as much their player as he is ours right now. Especially considering how much smoke we blew up his arse at the end of last season.

Are we?

Carroll IMO will compound problems we have at the club. We are already soft as shite with Lennon, Townsend, Rose, Eriksen, Lamela, Naughton etc.

He's just another tappy tappy, safety first possession monkey that will make us soft and can't pick the lock. He looks great on the ball etc but nothing ever comes of it apart from empty possession. If we integrate him into the team, we will be soft Spurs for another 10 years, scratching our heads why we look so good on the ball but get destroyed by counters.

Everything bad at the club will continue all season. Failure to score from corners, slow in the middle, non direct set pieces, crosses in general, shooting accuracy, cricket scores, through balls and lack of spine.

Also we are already one of the youngest squads in the league. We need steel, pace and leadership. If we bring anyone into the club, it has to be left backs and a striker. And they HAVE to be big, fast units who have good command of their areas and others. Realistically without mentioning world class players, we basically need the striking and left back equivalent of Naybet or Davids at the tail ends of their careers but not past it yet. We don't need another tiny dancer. We need someone to get the best out of the Vlad's, Sandros, Bentalebs and Walkers.

Carroll IMO will compound problems we have at the club. We are already soft as shite with Lennon, Townsend, Rose, Eriksen, Lamela, Naughton etc.

He's just another tappy tappy, safety first possession monkey that will make us soft and can't pick the lock. He looks great on the ball etc but nothing ever comes of it apart from empty possession. If we integrate him into the team, we will be soft Spurs for another 10 years, scratching our heads why we look so good on the ball but get destroyed by counters.

Everything bad at the club will continue all season. Failure to score from corners, slow in the middle, non direct set pieces, crosses in general, shooting accuracy, cricket scores, through balls and lack of spine.

Also we are already one of the youngest squads in the league. We need steel, pace and leadership. If we bring anyone into the club, it has to be left backs and a striker. And they HAVE to be big, fast units who have good command of their areas and others. Realistically without mentioning world class players, we basically need the striking and left back equivalent of Naybet or Davids. We don't need another tiny dancer. We need someone to get the best out of the Vlad's, Sandros, Bentalebs and Walkers.
What do you mean by Tiny Dancer. Your not an Elton John fan by any chance are you

Also we are already one of the youngest squads in the league. We need steel, pace and leadership. If we bring anyone into the club, it has to be left backs and a striker. And they HAVE to be big, fast units who have good command of their areas and others. Realistically without mentioning world class players, we basically need the striking and left back equivalent of Naybet or Davids at the tail ends of their careers but not past it yet. We don't need another tiny dancer. We need someone to get the best out of the Vlad's, Sandros, Bentalebs and Walkers.
This is why I want Carles Puyol.

Back
Top Bottom