Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Numerically top four should be the goal and doable but I have absolutely no belief that that will be done and finishing instead by qualifying for europa will kill the 2021/22 season also; so how about fail to finish top four must mean finish 9th or 10th to save next season.

Oh, and sack the manager!
youd like to think that europa group stage would be a breeze for our second string but this year has proved that to not be the case. if the second string was good enough it would be a good thing to be in as its a good way of keeping them match fit, but out lot cant be trusted to beat a bunch of european plasterers without the help of the big boys.

youd like to think that europa group stage would be a breeze for our second string but this year has proved that to not be the case. if the second string was good enough it would be a good thing to be in as its a good way of keeping them match fit, but out lot cant be trusted to beat a bunch of european plasterers without the help of the big boys.
It’s a competition to be avoided like the plague if top four is to be a regular occurrence . As to finishing first place - as champions- that’s an impossibility playing in two leagues!

English champions will be Man City or Liverpool for some time to come because they realise the importance of avoiding the europa league unlike the slap head Levy!

Hilariously, I still think we can get 4th!
It's a case of who will throw away the most points between now and the end of the season!

EVERYONE has dropped points around us (I only wish LEICESTER were as giving in 2016!)
If we can't take advantage of this CRAZY season, with its dip shit nutso results, then we never will....
[...]

Please, genuinely, explain your thinking?

What spurs team have you watched in recent weeks that could put the number of consecutive wins together needed to get back above those teams?

All I can see is West Ham doing us 2 - 0 on Sunday, and that will be that. Every bit of hope for the season will hinge on a final in April against Man City (righto), and that we get the cushiest draw possible in the Europa (like we did in the carabao, apart from the final).

What spurs team have you watched in recent weeks that could put the number of consecutive wins together needed to get back above those teams?

All I can see is West Ham doing us 2 - 0 on Sunday, and that will be that. Every bit of hope for the season will hinge on a final in April against Man City (righto), and that we get the cushiest draw possible in the Europa (like we did in the carabao, apart from the final).
1882 is deluded mate. Top four is gone and 2:0 to west ham is being conservative.

we are a far better team with reggie and lo celso available. our first 11 is good enough imo even with a donkey CB and aurier at RB. take 2 or 3 of the other lot out are we fall off because the replacements are just not good enough

we are a far better team with reggie and lo celso available. our first 11 is good enough imo even with a donkey CB and aurier at RB. take 2 or 3 of the other lot out are we fall off because the replacements are just not good enough

Reggie is a good player, but him being out is why we've won 3 league games in 12, or 1 win in the last 5 and dumped out the cup?

Smell the coffee mate. The squad, the coaching, the board, there is blame to be handed out all over probably, but the fact is we are bang fucking average (sometimes worse than average) and we will finish where we deserve - which won't be in the top 4.

Reggie is a good player, but him being out is why we've won 3 league games in 12, or 1 win in the last 5 and dumped out the cup?
its contributed to it yea. the fringe players just are not good enough. our first 11 is top 4 material imo but after that you go into bottom 5 prem/ championship quality players.

if kane, son, ndombele, reggie, hojbjerg and lo celso stay fit we have a chance. if bale shows up we got a huge chance but i doubt that
Bale’s an interesting one. He’s not going to do shit wide right in a 451, that’s obvious but if we get players up the pitch into the final 3rd in a 433 /4231 and he plays centrally, I have faith he will flourish

Well, I was actually trying to be pos.... oh, no, hang on, BREAKING NEWS... DTM DTM has an update:
1882 is deluded mate. Top four is gone and 2:0 to west ham is being conservative.
Thanks for that DTM DTM .... much appreciated.

I was actually trying to be positive... (naively so, it would seem) so fuck it... we'll lose tonight, lose on Sunday, lose every game until May, and hilariously, Jose will stay... 'cos it'll cost Levy too much to get rid of him (and we ALL KNOW how much the media like to focus on Jew Boy Levy's tight fisted running of our club!) ....however the only plus is that no fans will be there to see it all play out... 'cos they're all too busy spreading Covid until Christmas!

Fuck positivity!
See you all in League 1 2023 season...

oh heyyyyy..... we're 1-0 up! Who knew?

Well, I was actually trying to be pos.... oh, no, hang on, BREAKING NEWS... DTM DTM has an update:

I was actually trying to be positive... (naively so, it would seem) so fuck it... we'll lose tonight, lose on Sunday, lose every game until May, and hilariously, Jose will stay... 'cos it'll cost Levy too much to get rid of him (and we ALL KNOW how much the media like to focus on Jew Boy Levy's tight fisted running of our club!) ....however the only plus is that no fans will be there to see it all play out... 'cos they're all too busy spreading Covid until Christmas!

Fuck positivity!

No harm in being positive whatsoever. I've got £50 on us as league winners from August if you want to talk positivity. I was trying to be realistic based on what I've seen and our results since mid December.

Losing tonight was never going to happen. Realistically, Sunday is going to be different. But yeah, if we can beat that lot, we then have two home games against Burnley and Palace. 9 points and it all feels better before the NLD.

But every time in recent weeks we've had a chance to turn this around, we go and lose or have a horrible run.

Let's be honest. Who fucking knows what the fuck is going to happen this season. Six weeks ago everything looked different. Two weeks ago everything looked different. That with all the matches this season that have not gone the way they were predicted it's hard to even guess who's going to end up where on the table

Fuck positivity!

As I said: deluded.

Tottenham Hotspur won’t see league 1 this side of one hundred years I’m sure; but keep this washed up once-upon-a-time special one, and the reality of the championship is exactly that- a very real reality. Indeed It wasn’t that long ago Spurs made the European cup final in a season where (league wise)the form was in truth relegation form; I’m sure you noticed this but didn’t the message sink in that change was [yes] needed- but the change needed was not managerial but playing staff?

Levy should fuck off and take Jose with him!

Only City look nailed-on for top 4 this year!

As far as I'm concerned, every other place in the top 4 is up for grabs, especially this season of all seasons.

Can we make it? Yes of course we can...

Will we make it? If we do, it'll be by a point or 2 at the most, so it's going to be tight.

Personally, I have more faith in us winning the EL than getting top 4, but this season is so weird that only a fool would completely write us off!

COYS

Good run of fixtures now and most of the squad fit or returning to fitness, I'm not too positive on Mourinho but I really hope we can pull something out of the bag and win 6 of our next 8 league games or something like that. Top 4 is a tough ask but to not even compete for it wouldn't be acceptable given the quality of some of our players. Reguilon + Gio (and hopefully Dele + Bale) should help us kick on. Game on Sunday is obviously massive and you'd imagine a win would give the squad a huge boost.

Don't look now, but if we win our match in hand we are 3 points off 4th.

The concern, for me, isn't so much the points it is the amount of teams.

If we concede 2nd and 3rd to United and Leicester, to make things easier, if someone wants to really debate our ability to pass them sure we can do that. We still need to now play better than Liverpool. Villa, Everton, Chelsea and WH. I certainly think we can potentially out play each of them individually but not sure that we are likely to outplay all of them.

So even if we make up the gap between us and WH (currently 4th) if Everton gets the same points in that time we aren't further ahead in the push for 4th. Hopefully I am wrong and we beat all of them but I think the number of teams we need to pass/outplay is what will kill our chances in the end.

Chelsea play pool midweek so either draw or someone drops points. Leicester May now struggle with their injuries plus that have FA QF v manure and manure have EL 2 legs as well so something will need to give. We have game in hand over both and have to play them as well. If we win those games we are right back in top 4 race not just 4th but higher. We just need to show some balls and go for it. I think OGS sets up not to lose sometimes so we need to do the opposite. Fortune favours the brave. There are plenty of points available and teams will drop points against each other. We need to make sure we don’t slip up and go out with a wimpier .

Mad to think that we’re nearly in March, and if ourselves, Everton and Aston Villa pick up some points with our games in hand, there could be only 8 points separating 2nd from 9th.....

Back
Top Bottom