Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is it going to take 10 wins from 13?
Win our game in hand and we're 3 points from 4th.
Our goal difference is better than West Ham, Liverpool and Everton. Leicester are in utter free fall.
All we need to do is win that game in hand and then win a game more than the teams between us and 4th.
"All we need to do is..."

giphy.gif

or maybe...

giphy.gif

You are assuming we win the game in hand. We’ve only won 11 of 25. By that rate, there’d be a 44% chance of that game in hand being a win.

We are averaging 1.56 points per game. So you could estimate we are likely about 4.5 points back of 4th.

If you say “if we win our game in hand, we’d be 3 points back of 4th” then ok that’s fine.

Your post said “basically we are 3 points from 4th” and that’s just wrong as explained above.

This is very basic logic.

And if you had applied that logic in December you would have said we would win PL !

If Bale is back, then that's a player we haven't had before this season - and a 3rd goalscorer if he can continue form of his last few games, Lo Celso due back in 10 days to add to numbers and quality in central midfield, and maybe Dele a more consistent starter.

So reasons that we could/should improve on the recent form you are using to extrapolate from

And if you had applied that logic in December you would have said we would win PL !

If Bale is back, then that's a player we haven't had before this season - and a 3rd goalscorer if he can continue form of his last few games, Lo Celso due back in 10 days to add to numbers and quality in central midfield, and maybe Dele a more consistent starter.

So reasons that we could/should improve on the recent form you are using to extrapolate from

So Igula Igula which bit is not logical ?

That us getting top 4 is anywhere close to comparable to extrapolating results to us winning the league earlier in the season.

I asked you which part of my post did not follow logic

You are using your 'feelings' not logic to reply.

And I didn't say top 4 in my post - which I think is possible but a stretch, but top 6 is definitely doo able. But win next 2 or 3 games and odds on top 4 suddenly look a lot better probably

I asked you which part of my post did not follow logic

You are using your 'feelings' not logic to reply.

And I didn't say top 4 in my post - which I think is possible but a stretch, but top 6 is definitely doo able

This is the finish top 4 thread, sorry for assuming you were talking about the title of thread when you didn't mention top 6 in your post at all.

I am using logic sorry it bothers you so much.

This is the finish top 4 thread, sorry for assuming you were talking about the title of thread when you didn't mention top 6 in your post at all.

I am using logic sorry it bothers you so much.
The title is Top 4 ?

And you still refuse to say what part of my original post was not following logic, just an evasive reply....again

The title is Top 4 ?

And you still refuse to say what part of my original post was not following logic, just an evasive reply....again

I said it is my original reply, I'm not being evasive I said it right in my first response to you.

I think the realistic goal needs to be top 6 at this point. I think it's very reasonable to think we can finish in that range.

That gives us european football again next season, and then we hope we make a run in the EL this year and can get to the CL that way, but with a fallback.

I’m not extrapolating from recent form. It’s the whole season. If you think we will improve, that’s an opinion and we’d be fortunate to get anywhere near 2.2 points/game. No team besides city is above 2 points/game. It’s just a reach to assume a game in hand is worth 3 points.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is guaranteed top 4 outside of City at this point. United were due for a skid, just not sure if it will be big enough for them to finish 5th or lower.

Still not convinced we are getting top 4, even with tonight’s results. This is how far behind we are and how poor we have been. We have 2 games in hand on the likes of Leicester and United. If we win both those games in hand, which is a tall order in itself with us, we would still remain 5/6 points behind them. Ok, I know we got them both to play, but Spurs pretty much have to win most of our remaining games to stand a chance. Not happening. I think we messed our top 4 chances up during that piss poor period.

It's incredible really that we could be 6 points behind United at the end of the weekend with a game in hand and them still having to play us at the Lane.

Still not convinced we are getting top 4, even with tonight’s results. This is how far behind we are and how poor we have been. We have 2 games in hand on the likes of Leicester and United. If we win both those games in hand, which is a tall order in itself with us, we would still remain 5/6 points behind them. Ok, I know we got them both to play, but Spurs pretty much have to win most of our remaining games to stand a chance. Not happening. I think we messed our top 4 chances up during that piss poor period.
What about 4th place?

I think as I've said on record before every team from 2nd-10th has a chance of getting top 4. All those 9 teams are inconsistent and the points between them are in some cases big but in some cases not that significant. All it needs is for one team to go on a run and they are right back up there. Its whoever can find the most consistency will get those spots.

Great results of late. Spurs have to capitalize with 3 straight W's in Premier League. United have City, West Ham, and Leicester. A brief break against Brighton but they can play, then Spurs. I mean #COYS damn it! Can definitely catch these teams in front of them.

United 3 of last 4 draws. (4 of 6 if you go out a bit more) They are on the skids.

This season is the same as last; runaway leaders and everyone else is piss poor. How many chances are the teams ahead of us going to give us? If we win our games in hand, we could be 6 points off 2nd which is crazy. Who knows what the top half of the table will look like on the last day of the season but the first team to put in a string of 4/5 wins is going to be right up there in my opinion. We’re not terribly placed. It’s still in our hands with the way everyone is playing.

Back
Top Bottom