Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What happens if Leicester finish 3rd, we finish 4th, Chelsea win the the CL and Arse win the EL......the FA are given 5 CL places but the scenario I've outlined means 6 candidates for those 5 places

I still don't think it will happen unfortunately.

Still though, I would take Europa again, despite the way it ended, there were still some fun matches along the way and it would be great to get players like Skipp and Rodon a lot of minutes.

5th at best. Not enough games left to catch up. Finishing above Woolwich & west ham will be something at least.

Not sure why people are so quick to say top 4 is gone when we have 4 very winnable games left.

Defence mechanism I guess... let yourself believe!

Leicester are not that good. Even if they draw with both Chelsea and United (which they wont) and we win our next 3 we will be 3 points behind them going into the last game.

We are currently level on goal difference but should be able to pull clear providing they dont smash Newcastle.

Final day showdown for CL is coming prepare yourself!

Man U surely have to be hit with a heavy points deduction for these shameful scenes at Old Trafford. That’ll get us bang in contention for Top
4 again.
Forget the implications on top 4. But I totally agree United need to be docked points. Facts are facts. A violent protest caused a game to be called off, Pretty sure they will have some shity loop hole to hand to get them off though.

Our GD will almost certainly give us the tiebreak if we finish on even points with any of our rivals.

We are tied at +22 with CHE and LEI, but they are 5 and 7 points ahead. If we catch them on points, we should certainly be ahead on GD. 3 points gained is worth a minimum of 2 goal difference (+1 for the winner, -1 for the team dropping the points). 2 points gained will give us a minimum of +1 goal).

Barring CHE winning 2 games by 3-4, we will only need to tie them in points.

So if Man Utd had played Liverpool they at least would have had stopping handing Man City the title to play for.
By the time they play the rearranged fixture they probably will have nothing to play for (unless they get a very unlikely points deduction) and gift Liverpool three points, cheers.

So if Man Utd had played Liverpool they at least would have had stopping handing Man City the title to play for.
By the time they play the rearranged fixture they probably will have nothing to play for (unless they get a very unlikely points deduction) and gift Liverpool three points, cheers.
lol they hate the Scousers, will be motivated by stopping Liverpool getting CL

What happens if Leicester finish 3rd, we finish 4th, Chelsea win the the CL and Arse win the EL......the FA are given 5 CL places but the scenario I've outlined means 6 candidates for those 5 places
4th place misses out, I believe. The maximum of five CL spots will usually cover for a CL/EL winner being outside the top 4 (after we already got fucked over by that before, typical) but if they both finish below then it's only them and the top 3 that get CL qualification.

Edit: also remember that the EL winner gets in pot 1 during the CL draw, so it's a fucking horrendous scenario if the scum won it.

Back
Top Bottom