Top 5 racist clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Italy is that they will not describe it as racism but culture. Fascism ( Roman fascism) is part of that country’s history and many groups are steeped in it. Paolo Di Canio has numerous times been seen saluting the fans after scoring - saluting using the nazi or fascist salute. Not a pretty sight but I don’t think he is racist.
I think he always claims it is a "Roman Salute", he also spoke about his admiration for Mussolini in his autobiography and - I think - said he is a fascist.
Can't recall him ever being involved in any racist incidents though ?
When he was at Celtic I think he was involved in a bit of charity work and was generally regarded as a bit of a combustible personality but likeable with it.

I think he always claims it is a "Roman Salute", he also spoke about his admiration for Mussolini in his autobiography and - I think - said he is a fascist.
Can't recall him ever being involved in any racist incidents though ?
When he was at Celtic I think he was involved in a bit of charity work and was generally regarded as a bit of a combustible personality but likeable with it.

That’s my point exactly. Some moons ago If I saw that salute I’d immediately think no good racist nazi bastard. That’s until I became aware of Italian cultural differences to mine or ours. I’ll never like or respect that salute but I am onfident that they are not all avid racists but..,....football culture can be dangerous !

Last edited:
That’s my point exactly. Some moons ago If I saw that salute I’d immediately think no good racist nazi bastard. That’s until I became aware of Italian cultural differences to mine or ours. I’ll never like or respect that salute but I know they are not all avid racists.
Yes, I think in this case there is a distinction to be drawn.
I also read somewhere that some fascist organisations in Italy do a lot of charitable work and have helped build orphanages/hospitals etc in some of the poorer African countries, which seems a little odd, but if it is true it kind of underlines the point about Di Canio.
There are most likely some people in Italy who are fascists and also racist but it would seem that one doesn't automatically go with the other, the way you would generally associate these traits with right wing groups in the UK.

Yes, I think in this case there is a distinction to be drawn.
I also read somewhere that some fascist organisations in Italy do a lot of charitable work and have helped build orphanages/hospitals etc in some of the poorer African countries, which seems a little odd, but if it is true it kind of underlines the point about Di Canio.
There are most likely some people in Italy who are fascists and also racist but it would seem that one doesn't automatically go with the other, the way you would generally associate these traits with right wing groups in
the UK.

The UK and the USA along with mainland Europe- no the Italians don’t get off Scot free but there is culture and there is racism- they’re not always the same.

Liverpool?????

I get their fans are annoying never seen them as racist. If you are referring to the Catholic/Protestant thing that died mostly decades ago unlike in parts of Glasgow, (my mother is Scouse so know the city well)

Celtic, Rangers, West Ham and Chelsea in the UK probably yes although all probably quite mild by standards in other parts of the world.

I always saw the Rangers Celtic thing as sectarian not as racism as they are predominately both of the same race. That's why I didn't add Celtic as racist. To the contrary I did add Rangers because I have history with them; I know fully well that the Chelsea Rangers link was NF and BNP based - it's hard core in London C18. That was in the mid 80's through mid 90's....... I suspect it's still the case, I wouldn't accept any denial.

I always saw the Rangers Celtic thing as sectarian not as racism as they are predominately both of the same race. That's why I didn't add Celtic as racist. To the contrary I did add Rangers because I have history with them; I know fully well that the Chelsea Rangers link was NF and BNP based - it's hard core in London C18. That was in the mid 80's through mid 90's....... I suspect it's still the case, I wouldn't accept any denial.
I think it is fair to say that the Celtic/Rangers thing is based purely on religion and is sectarian in nature not racist. An awful lot of the abuse hurled between the two sets of fans is quite horrific but racism isn't really a part of it. I think you are correct to talk about where the Rangers/Chelsea links came from, as far as I know they are still bosom buddies but whether there is still any element of the racist issue I'm not sure. I think it is fair to say that a good chunk of the SDL's support is from Rangers fans who are entrenched in the whole Loyalist/Unionist culture.
Racism at football in Scotland does exist, but I don't think it is a huge problem, although in saying that, any racism at football/in life is just not on.
I have noticed a Millwall/Rangers banner at a couple of big games involving Rangers recently - Chelsea and Millwall aren't exactly on good terms are they ?

I think it is fair to say that the Celtic/Rangers thing is based purely on religion and is sectarian in nature not racist. An awful lot of the abuse hurled between the two sets of fans is quite horrific but racism isn't really a part of it. I think you are correct to talk about where the Rangers/Chelsea links came from, as far as I know they are still bosom buddies but whether there is still any element of the racist issue I'm not sure. I think it is fair to say that a good chunk of the SDL's support is from Rangers fans who are entrenched in the whole Loyalist/Unionist culture.
Racism at football in Scotland does exist, but I don't think it is a huge problem, although in saying that, any racism at football/in life is just not on.
I have noticed a Millwall/Rangers banner at a couple of big games involving Rangers recently - Chelsea and Millwall aren't exactly on good terms are they ?

There are some Millwall that affiliate with Rangers but the link is tenuous. No Chelsea and Millwall most definitely do not get along.

Agreed. When I think of Rangers I think of BNP and Chelsea.

Love the atmosphere at the Rangers Celtic games though. Shame they’re being petty with their allocations.

Agreed. When I think of Rangers I think of BNP and Chelsea.

Love the atmosphere at the Rangers Celtic games though. Shame they’re being petty with their allocations.
The atmosphere has become increasingly toxic over the last few seasons, most likely due to Celtic’s domination with their fans rubbing it in and calling Rangers the undead/zombies after their 2012 meltdown and the Rangers fans venting their spleen with the paedos chants.
The reverse was probably true during Rangers 9 in a row.

The atmosphere has become increasingly toxic over the last few seasons, most likely due to Celtic’s domination with their fans rubbing it in and calling Rangers the undead/zombies after their 2012 meltdown and the Rangers fans venting their spleen with the paedos chants.
The reverse was probably true during Rangers 9 in a row.

It was once a desire of mine to go to one of those old firm derbies but the sectarianism put me off ever putting those plans in place.

It’s a great atmosphere having those jocks in town! I was at Fulham v Celtic a few seasons ago - that was great and who can forget Paul Millers testimonial at WHL verses Rangers. That was very lively and lots of Chelsea turned up .

Last edited:
Not too many years back I was around Stamford Bridge and they used to sell these Orange "Rangers / Chelsea / Linfield" scarfs. Like some big racist threesome. Probably still available.

Not too many years back I was around Stamford Bridge and they used to sell these Orange "Rangers / Chelsea / Linfield" scarfs. Like some big racist threesome. Probably still available.

And in recent years they’ve stretched their tentacles into groups like the EDL so the sectarian disease is infesting English youths at football right across England today. It’s not as toxic but it’s there!

My dealings with Rangers fans (I also support them, go often to the London supporters group meet ups for games) have been that they generally don't like Chelsea. Mainly that when Chelsea fans go to Rangers games it's as Chelsea fans and only this "brothership" is the reason they go. That being said there still are "true blue" fan groups of Chelsea and Rangers, the only trouble I've ever seen at these games has been Chelsea fans being cunts. But they only ever come out for the old firm games anyway.

Plenty of Millwall supporting Gers fans, lots of Spurs there as well (probably the most out of the London based supporters).

The Linfield inclusion is probably just down to their connections with Rangers. On my trips to Windsor park I have seen very little Chelsea affiliations,certainly not among older fans. Most so called Chelsea Linfield fans I meet in the capital would struggle to find Belfast on a map,let alone the Village.

The Linfield inclusion is probably just down to their connections with Rangers. On my trips to Windsor park I have seen very little Chelsea affiliations,certainly not among older fans. Most so called Chelsea Linfield fans I meet in the capital would struggle to find Belfast on a map,let alone the Village.

As someone said earlier in the thread regarding the like of Tommy Robinson. In reality they are wannabe loyalists merely attaching their name to a cause but in actuality they are viewed with disdain or suspicion. I happen to know that when the BNP wanted to open an office in Belfast it was the loyalist higherachy that refused them stating: “ No. we are not allying ourselves to that!”

The young - and it is young in the main Millwall lot that affiliate with rangers couldn’t even find Glasgow on a map never mind find Belfast. The resent youth alliance with Rangers is as a result of the EDL.

There used to be - maybe still is - a fanzine "The Blues Brothers" which was a Rangers/Linfield/Chelsea thing, the links between Rangers and Linfield have always been pretty strong but I think, as has been mentioned in the thread, the Chelsea/Rangers thing grew in the NF/BNP days of the 80s.
To be honest, I think most Rangers fans I have seen comment on this link tend to say they only support one team - Rangers and couldn't give an fcuk about anyone else.
I could be wrong but I think Hearts - who most non Hearts or Rangers fans view as a smaller version of Rangers in a quite disdainful way - have a link with Millwall, I think there was a Hearts/Millwall banner at the Scottish Cup Final just past, or maybe it was their Semi Final, not sure.
Living in Scotland, but not Glasgow, when I was growing up - 80s - most non Celtic/Rangers fans tended to have a liking for one or the other depending on their religion, but nowadays it seems that most of them just detest both teams equally, although I often hear people say they hate Celtic but "really hate" Rangers.
I was a Celtic fan until a few years ago, just gradually began to realise that I didn't "get it" any more and my interest just waned. If I'm being honest, it was a lot to do with the whole Celtic/Rangers circus and the vitriol it encouraged people to vent, just a bit too much at times.
Been to plenty games between the two back in the day, but I wouldn't even thank you for a free ticket now.

It was once a desire of mine to go to one of those old firm derbies but the sectarianism put me off ever putting those plans in place.

It’s a great atmosphere having those jocks in town! I was at Fulham v Celtic a few seasons ago - that was great and who can forget Paul Millers testimonial at WHL verses Rangers. That was very lively and lots of Chelsea turned up .
There was actually a long spell where Celtic seemed to be invited down to England to play friendlies/testimonials and Rangers were banned at the same time due to the problems and hooliganism at their games down south.
You would think that "Irish" Celtic would have been more likely to have been involved in this sort of thing as opposed to "British" Rangers, although they often said most of the trouble was caused by Chelsea fans and others with a "Pro -Rangers" element in their fanbase turning up and looking for trouble.

There was actually a long spell where Celtic seemed to be invited down to England to play friendlies/testimonials and Rangers were banned at the same time due to the problems and hooliganism at their games down south.
You would think that "Irish" Celtic would have been more likely to have been involved in this sort of thing as opposed to "British" Rangers, although they often said most of the trouble was caused by Chelsea fans and others with a "Pro -Rangers" element in their fanbase turning up and looking for trouble.
Without meaning to tar all Celtic fans- as that would be pathetically naive; their mass away support in my experience in London friendlies was what I would call “drunken and barmy”, but generally friendly.

As to Rangers, for sure they too had their own drunken, barmy and friendly lot - but the hard line sectarian political types (always as sober as a judge) were always plain to see.

Obviously old bill knew this too.

Rangers are one of the biggest clubs in European football, so your always going to get that element of fuckwits who attach themselves to the club from outside their support base, as far as I know most Rangers fans despise Chelsea. Man Utd & Leeds are other clubs their fans hate.
The Scottish thing defiantly isn’t racist in the true sense of the word, it’s definitely more sectarian.
There used to be a big following of Aston Villa from the main 2 Protestant clubs up in Scotland, as Villa were “loosely” formed out of Rangers & Hearts, but that’s going back many years, probably died out these days.

Without meaning to tar all Celtic fans- as that would be pathetically naive; their mass away support in my experience in London friendlies was what I would call “drunken and barmy”, but generally friendly.

As to Rangers, for sure they too had their own drunken, barmy and friendly lot - but the hard line sectarian political types (always as sober as a judge) were always plain to see.

Obviously old bill knew this too.
Celtic ,friendly?
A bigger most disgusting bunch of scum I have never met.
I detest that club and it's fans with every part of me. This is mainly down to their London based fans ,as I have little experience of the Scottish ones,it has to be said. Forgotten how many run ins I have had with that lot Hate em with a passion.
Bigoted English/British hating mugs who only ever see others bigotry/secterianism,never their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom