Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly at this point the Prem is the priority.

We don't have the resources to field a healthy squad mid week and then line up to play United and be competitive.

I'd prioritize the game against United because quite frankly if we lose our odds of recovering and making the Champions League are slim to none.

As much of the squad that finished the game against Burnley is what I'd like to see rested for the weekend. Put our best foot forward there and hope that we can get 3 points against United and revitalize our season.

Lose and it's becoming increasingly difficult to see how we'll finish in the top half of the table.

======================Lloris=======================
===========Dier=====Alderweireld====Vertonghen==========
===Aurier=========Winks======LoCelso=========Sessegnon===
==============Moura====Alli====Lamela==================

Subs : Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Tanganga, Skipp, Ndombele, Fernandes, Parrott.

ATTACK! ATTACK!! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!

s9sisMS.png

======================Lloris=======================
===========Dier=====Alderweireld====Vertonghen==========
===Aurier=========Winks======LoCelso=========Sessegnon===
==============Moura====Alli====Lamela==================

Subs : Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Tanganga, Skipp, Ndombele, Fernandes, Parrott.
Against Werner that back line terrifies me

Controversial I know but I’d go for:

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Sanchez
Gedson Winks GLC Sessegnon
Lamela Parrott Moura

Gazzaniga
Davies
Alderweireld
Skipp
NDombele
Alli
Bergwijn

starting Parrott will give us shape but bringing on Alli might be more impactful. Likewise Bergwijn and NDombele offer something from the bench (notwithstanding the latter’s current fitness travails)
Our best chance to score was made by Aurier when he came on vs Burnley(other than the penalty which was created by the opponent rather than us). Not even on the bench? Tough crowd.

Never dreaded a game of football so much.

I'm expecting him to play at least 4 centre backs and play the most defensive shit football possible.

Humiliation on the European stage.

I hope I'm wrong, feel free to call me out on ot if I am.

We are so fcuking wretched that I expect us to be 2 or 3 down very quickly.

Somebody has to make a mistake and that's being generous.

I was calmed by the second half against Burnley which bizarrely was better than last season's second half capitulation but we are in a mess.

And then a rejuvenated United to follow. Oh fcuking joy.

We are so fcuking wretched that I expect us to be 2 or 3 down very quickly.

Somebody has to make a mistake and that's being generous.

I was calmed by the second half against Burnley which bizarrely was better than last season's second half capitulation but we are in a mess.

And then a rejuvenated United to follow. Oh fcuking joy.
Hard to see where the next win is coming from probably next season:levylol:

This game should be the priority, it’s unlikely but if we can go a couple more rounds in the CL it will actually be worth more than qualification for the Europa league.

So prioritising the league and ending up with Europa (which is the best we could hope for) doesn’t make sense.

Hard to see where the next win is coming from probably next season:levylol:

Mate that's so true it is funny.

We been undone for serious shortsightedness, wretched luck but also 2 managers who have not lived up to their billing.

Do I blame the players? They never get sacked so no point.

I think the only way is up but we may go down a but more first.

This game should be the priority, it’s unlikely but if we can go a couple more rounds in the CL it will actually be worth more than qualification for the Europa league.

So prioritising the league and ending up with Europa (which is the best we could hope for) doesn’t make sense.
Probably a good point. We aren't likely to make the CL next season. We need some transfer cash.

Back
Top Bottom