Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we simply need to go for it all the way!
they own it to us and we just should never stop believing in these lads...judging by how many times Jose mentioned the ''fatigue'' in his recent interviews, we all know how much most of them give and fight in the end...this season has been abominable, but the spirit was eventually as high as possible every time....So, as always, COOOOYS!!!

I'd go for : Lloris - Toby, Sanchez, Jan - Aurier, Winks, lo Celso, Sessegnon - Alli, Lamela - Moura

if the club actually proved to me they weren’t a bunch of losers instead of bottling finals and semi finals at every opportunity, then I wouldn’t have this defeatist attitude about Spurs. They let us down time and time again, what makes you think this will be any different ? Our season is effectively over and I think you know it
I feel deeply sad to have to agree with this.
That CL final loss was such a huge kick in the balls. Not so much losing, but the fact that we’d got there through such blood and thunder matches against better teams than liverpool. And then put in a performance that was so insipid as to be unrecognisable from how we had fought so hard, even though our form wasn’t great.
Our luck also ran out in the first 10 seconds of that game & I don’t think we ever looked like breaking them down. Zero ideas.
I don’t like admitting it, but that game still haunts me.
Poch’s weird comments in the build up haunt me.
And then we spend quite large for us in the window, ending up with a bloke who wouldn’t look out of place waddling round Hackney marshes on a Sunday morning.
We get GLC who is injured and then can’t get a game.
We buy Sess who was injured when we bought him
We sack our manager.
We lose our only viable striker.
we buy an attacking wide man in January.
Our back up wide man/attacker breaks his arm.
Bergwijn looks good but he’s knackered because he’s had no time to properly adjust to playing against tough oppo 2/3times a week.
Reluctantly, I agree that the season is over
We have genuinely had some shit luck but sometimes you make your own luck in life and we aren’t able to do that right now. We are still in the tie, but unless Lady Luck smiles, I can only see this going one way.

Last chance to salvage the season, the 2nd half against Burnley gave me a tiny shred of hope

I give us no more than a 10% chance of progression.

Lets hope Leipzig are sloppy and think its already done and dusted and we are bang on it and play the perfect game with no defensive errors.

COYS!

We can’t even negotiate a way through Norwich Ffs. What in the hell do you think we will get through Leipzig away ? When we have no strikers and a defence with more holes than Swiss cheese. Pure frigging delusion.

It's not delusion at all... I've only presented the facts of the situation. I've not said it will be easy.

However.... It IS only 1-0..... We DO have 90mins to turn it around. Leibzig aren't some European super-power; at most they're this years Ajax.

If the players DID have your attitude it would be a waste of time even gettin on the plane.

The “ losers mentality” stems from these bunch of losers letting us down time and time again. Disagree all you want with you’re silly ratings, deep down you know it’s the truth but can’t accept it. Season is over and was over the moment Son got injured. We are not getting anything on Tuesday it’s as simple as that mate, that’s the reality.

No.... That's a prediction. I reccommend a dictionary.

You've been writing us off for years..... There's nothing enlightened about nay-saying the shit out of everything. It's just miserable and boring .

Can't say I'm looking forward to this one. Apparently Stevie B. is likely out too? Yikes. We need to score too.

We've looked shit with 3 at the back so out 4 at the back would be my preference...

Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Tanganga
---------Ndombele-Dier----------
-----Lucas-Lo Celso-Lamela-----
----------------Dele-----------------

It's not delusion at all... I've only presented the facts of the situation. I've not said it will be easy.

However.... It IS only 1-0..... We DO have 90mins to turn it around. Leibzig aren't some European super-power; at most they're this years Ajax.

If the players DID have your attitude it would be a waste of time even gettin on the plane.

No.... That's a prediction. I reccommend a dictionary.

You've been writing us off for years..... There's nothing enlightened about nay-saying the shit out of everything. It's just miserable and boring .

Until Spurs prove me wrong instead of bottling every single final and semi final we play in , plus any game that truly matters and actually start achieving something, then my attitude will change. Leipzig might not be a powerhouse, but neither are we. We are without key players and it’s proven we can’t win games without them. So you can understand why I’m not jumping over the hills in excitement at the prospect of this match.

Following Bergwijn's injury news, this is what I would like to see:

Hugo
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Davies
Winks - Lo Celso
Lucas - Lamela - Sessegnon
Dele

Not confident in the slightest, but, hopefully they give it all. If we're going out, at least we should go out trying.

It wouldn't even shock me if Jose sent someone out to catch the corona virus, bring it back to the club, then have the game moved to a date where Son or Kane are able to play.
As honestly that would seem like our best chance of winning.

In the absence of Kane / Son I struggle to see us winning by more than 3 or 4 goals.

COYS

It wouldn’t surprise me if some posters on here blamed José for starting the virus 🦠

I feel deeply sad to have to agree with this.
That CL final loss was such a huge kick in the balls. Not so much losing, but the fact that we’d got there through such blood and thunder matches against better teams than liverpool. And then put in a performance that was so insipid as to be unrecognisable from how we had fought so hard, even though our form wasn’t great.
Our luck also ran out in the first 10 seconds of that game & I don’t think we ever looked like breaking them down. Zero ideas.
I don’t like admitting it, but that game still haunts me.
Poch’s weird comments in the build up haunt me.
And then we spend quite large for us in the window, ending up with a bloke who wouldn’t look out of place waddling round Hackney marshes on a Sunday morning.
We get GLC who is injured and then can’t get a game.
We buy Sess who was injured when we bought him
We sack our manager.
We lose our only viable striker.
we buy an attacking wide man in January.
Our back up wide man/attacker breaks his arm.
Bergwijn looks good but he’s knackered because he’s had no time to properly adjust to playing against tough oppo 2/3times a week.
Reluctantly, I agree that the season is over
We have genuinely had some shit luck but sometimes you make your own luck in life and we aren’t able to do that right now. We are still in the tie, but unless Lady Luck smiles, I can only see this going one way.

Otherwise OK?

Back
Top Bottom