Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Under Poch we were rarely out of a game even when needing three goals. No way under jose though. We have becone a dreadfully side, lacking quality and not even any balance or sense to how we play. Hate it.

I am amazed that there is no real protest no real anger from the stands. I have watched a lot of football over the years and had the pleasure of coaching teams as well and I know when there is a team strolling about with an excuse and this is it. Team and squad full of excuses and reasons why not. Even without Son / Kane etc you win your battles 1 v 1 and yet game after game we are surrender monkeys.

why Jose wants any part of this I don’t know. He bailed that boardroom out by coming but it’s all exposed now surely? What an absolute cluster fuck.

Sissoko being gone has really hurt us as well. He may not be the best player technique wise, but he certainly did some donkey work and helped us regain possession. Our midfield is laughable right now.

Poor performance so far.

Getting dominated in midfield again with Winks really struggling to make any impact. As has been the case all season our midfielders just don't do a good enough getting to second balls or closing down their man around our box.

Probably need to make a similar change to last week and move Dier into the midfield beside Lo Celso and play a back four to have any chance to get back into the game.

Take Winks off, throw on Parrot and see what happens.

We were 1-0 down in the first leg at home against Ajax, same with Leipzig. Ajax were 2-0 up in the second leg, same with Leipzig.

You know what this means?

Absolutely nothing, because we’re fucking shit :sonlol:

Sissoko being gone has really hurt us as well. He may not be the best player technique wise, but he certainly did some donkey work and helped us regain possession. Our midfield is laughable right now.

I was saying that earlier

What sort of fucking defending was this just before the first goal. They all backed off to the 6 yard line. Amateurish.

G8IMQ7H.jpg
This actually worries me. I called it when they scored. What sort of coaching is this? Where does this level of banter come from? It's embarrassing, that's what it is.

I dont know how people can defend Jose tactically when we’ve shown repeatedly we are bad in a 3-4-3 or a 5-2-3 but he keeps fucking doing it.

Injuries and squad quality aside, he’s not even doing what’s best with the squad he has. This streak of losses and a draw after Son went down is on Jose. He’s been outclassed.

Frustrating thing about Hugo. Able to make great saves and then clangers (often in big games) in almost equal measure.

I no longer think they are great saves. Even keepers in teams near the bottom pull off great saves once in a while but most of the time he is always at fault. A shit keeper with a shit defence in front of him. All we do is retreat in a line in a cowering way and invite the shot. No one closes down as that's how they are told to play

Sorry but this Jose is not the old Jose.

The old Jose would have sat back for 90 mins, 2 rows of 4 sold defence and hoping to nick a goal from somewhere.

How can you play so open when you can't score from open play? It's not brain surgery.
The old Jose would never be at this club, he'd be at a far richer club with his pick of the best players in the world.

Skipp actually could become a really good CM.
Yet we're content to play Winks or an attacker (Gio) there while his potential time to grow into the player he could be fucking rots away.

Back
Top Bottom